Keep an eye on Jeremy Hill today

9 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I don't think he's serious and omitted the :ph34r:.

Non issue. :smile:

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Running joke around here where a few people get really upset at any suggestion of malfeasance from an antitrust law-exempt sports league founded by bookies, degenerate gamblers and other mafia associates.  They like to complain about other people "constantly" talking about it but are usually the ones that bring it up.  More to the point, calling it a "conspiracy theory" is their way of ridiculing the notion that the NFL might sometimes put profits ahead of such lofty goals as sportsmanship and fair play.  Apparently this is a shocking allegation to the type of person who still believes they walked in on Mommy & Daddy wrestling or that the family dog went to live on a farm in the country. 

Anyway, I knew Bung was making a joke.  Nothing to see here.

tumblr_mbui1kpPoU1rxdw8g.gif

Yea I figured he was!

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Running joke around here where a few people get really upset at any suggestion of malfeasance from an antitrust law-exempt sports league founded by bookies, degenerate gamblers and other mafia associates.  They like to complain about other people "constantly" talking about it but are usually the ones that bring it up.  More to the point, calling it a "conspiracy theory" is their way of ridiculing the notion that the NFL might sometimes put profits ahead of such lofty goals as sportsmanship and fair play.  Apparently this is a shocking allegation to the type of person who still believes they walked in on Mommy & Daddy wrestling or that the family dog went to live on a farm in the country. 

Anyway, I knew Bung was making a joke.  Nothing to see here.

I think the running joke should be the few people who get really upset when people complain about every thread turning into a lizard people/GODdell/Patriots/NFLfavorites argument. It's just goofball shit that doesn't need to be interjected into every conversation.

Or maybe the people who get really triggered anytime someone says conspiracy theory. Which word or phrase would you like us to use so you don't get so upset about this? I would happily use your preferred terminology as long as it's suitable. Don't give me the "it's not a conspiracy because I know it's TRUE!!!1!!1!1!" bullshit either.

Before you start crying about the couple of times I've brought it up myself - it was alright mentioned by the conspiracy theorists (plz don't get mad) earlier in the thread, and the other time it was 100% relevant to the thread that was talking about Burfict's suspension. FWIW I don't mind people talking about NFL conspiracy shit when it makes sense to bring up, it just gets old when you can't talk to some people without it being brought up in every discussion.

On 11/9/2017 at 11:01 AM, schotzee said:

I'm not sure if you are serious or not, but what's wrong with a person having their own opinion?

Why would a person who does not even think the NFL is real show up and post on an NFL team message board?  His sole purpose here is to mock all  of us for believing anything we see on the field.

And that is why it is not too welcome around here.  He is just making fun of everything we get so excited about.

43 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Why would a person who does not even think the NFL is real show up and post on an NFL team message board?  His sole purpose here is to mock all  of us for believing anything we see on the field.

And that is why it is not too welcome around here.  He is just making fun of everything we get so excited about.

That's a valid answer although I'm not gonna say it's his sole purpose. Tdub talks a lot about the games a lot in a real sense.

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

Dude I love that you're legitimately passionate about the NFL and whether a bunch of people call you a troll or not, you generate more legitimate football discussion than most people for sure.

With that said, you seem to take pride in pointing out how dumb Bengals fans are on a pretty frequent basis. I've seen your "fans are dumb because they said Justin Smith sucked" example like 100 times posting on various boards with you, you gotta let it go at some point. Just because 3 random dudes from Bengals.com posted something 6 years ago that said that Smith sucked doesn't mean that we're a bunch of dumbasses. To your point, most NFL fans in general ARE idiots, but I think most guys that spend the time to post on boards like this are at least somewhat above the average Facebook comment shitposter.

20 minutes ago, schotzee said:

That's a valid answer although I'm not gonna say it's his sole purpose. Tdub talks a lot about the games a lot in a real sense.

He definitely does and I actually like ol' T-Dub myself, we just seem to butt heads on a couple of issues and unfortunately we both carry it over to other topics sometimes. He seems like a good dude though.

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

Dude I love that you're legitimately passionate about the NFL and whether a bunch of people call you a troll or not, you generate more legitimate football discussion than most people for sure.

With that said, you seem to take pride in pointing out how dumb Bengals fans are on a pretty frequent basis. I've seen your "fans are dumb because they said Justin Smith sucked" example like 100 times posting on various boards with you, you gotta let it go at some point. Just because 3 random dudes from Bengals.com posted something 6 years ago that said that Smith sucked doesn't mean that we're a bunch of dumbasses. To your point, most NFL fans in general ARE idiots, but I think most guys that spend the time to post on boards like this are at least somewhat above the average Facebook comment shitposter.

He definitely does and I actually like ol' T-Dub myself, we just seem to butt heads on a couple of issues and unfortunately we both carry it over to other topics sometimes. He seems like a good dude though.

Yeah many of us are guilty of carrying things into other topics. I like Fred and dub and many others. They keep the board alive and interesting. I always liked scharm as well. It's kind of easy for me to overlook occasional irritating posts from people w/o arguing or blocking them.

14 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Yeah many of us are guilty of carrying things into other topics. I like Fred and dub and many others. They keep the board alive and interesting. I always liked scharm as well. It's kind of easy for me to overlook occasional irritating posts from people w/o arguing or blocking them.

I have a total of 0 people on my ignore list on any board and I've been posting on message boards (not just Bengals but tons of other hobbies as well) for 15 or so years now, pretty much since message boards became a thing. I never saw the need to use it. The legitimate trolls tend to get run out or banned from any reputable site and even if someone posts a bunch of dumb shit, I assume they'll post something eventually that I want to engage them about. I don't see the point of the ignore list as it would make conversations tough to read at times with a lot of people not always using the quote feature when they're replying in a conversation.

9 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

I think the running joke should be the few people who get really upset when people complain about every thread turning into a lizard people/GODdell/Patriots/NFLfavorites argument. It's just goofball shit that doesn't need to be interjected into every conversation.

Or maybe the people who get really triggered anytime someone says conspiracy theory. Which word or phrase would you like us to use so you don't get so upset about this? I would happily use your preferred terminology as long as it's suitable. Don't give me the "it's not a conspiracy because I know it's TRUE!!!1!!1!1!" bullshit either.

Before you start crying about the couple of times I've brought it up myself - it was alright mentioned by the conspiracy theorists (plz don't get mad) earlier in the thread, and the other time it was 100% relevant to the thread that was talking about Burfict's suspension. FWIW I don't mind people talking about NFL conspiracy shit when it makes sense to bring up, it just gets old when you can't talk to some people without it being brought up in every discussion.

Blah-blah triggered, blah-blah crying.. Am I supposed to take any of this seriously? You sound like you spend a lot of time on 4chan or something. Review who was making a joke and who had a multiple-paragraph meltdown over it and then get back to me on this "snowflake" stuff.  Or don't, it's really not that important.

7 hours ago, schotzee said:

LOL dude said my sole purpose is mocking "all of us"? I don't have him blocked but I admit I was skimming.  Someone sounds, dare I say, triggered?  I'd imagine I could count the number of people who believe in the NFL's integrity on one hand so it's barely an "us".  Again with the cheap internet forum tactics, positioning himself as the defender of the collective..  Take that weak shit back to Reddit or wherever it works.

I'm assuming you meant a "valid question" so I thought I'd answer & that's why I quoted you instead.  Pretty simple really; the shadiness doesn't make the action any less real. It's like the WWE (in many other ways) - even if the outcome is determined, and I think I've called it more like tweaked or influenced anyway, still some dude choke-slamming another dude through a table, or in this case trying to block Atkins 1 on 1, is entertaining.  The pro wrestling "kayfabe" philosophy is really interesting IMO & helpful for understanding any media-driven organization, not just the NFL.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Blah-blah triggered, blah-blah crying.. Am I supposed to take any of this seriously? You sound like you spend a lot of time on 4chan or something. Review who was making a joke and who had a multiple-paragraph meltdown over it and then get back to me on this "snowflake" stuff.  Or don't, it's really not that important.

You obviously get super bent out of shape when people call things a "conspiracy theory", but what else are we supposed to call them if we firmly believe they're not true? Just sayin'. Until you can come up with a phrase that we can agree makes sense, I'm going to call them the title that I feel they deserve. It's unfortunate that you typically shift focus to me saying "conspiracy" rather than proving me wrong. But whatever.

I tried to poke a little fun but I believe I had some legitimate points and questions in my last post. If you just want to ignore it all and be a dick about it, then that's fine too I guess, not much else I can do about that.

8 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

You obviously get super bent out of shape when people call things a "conspiracy theory", but what else are we supposed to call them if we firmly believe they're not true? Just sayin'. Until you can come up with a phrase that we can agree makes sense, I'm going to call them the title that I feel they deserve. It's unfortunate that you typically shift focus to me saying "conspiracy" rather than proving me wrong. But whatever.

I tried to poke a little fun but I believe I had some legitimate points and questions in my last post. If you just want to ignore it all and be a dick about it, then that's fine too I guess, not much else I can do about that.

Hey man you can call it "Kevin" if it makes you feel better, I'm really not going to lose any sleep over it.

The last time I tried to have an honest conversation on the topic, I asked a very simple question:

Why has Mike Mitchell never been suspended?

All I got by way of an answer was deflection & the usual accusations of whining etc etc so I dropped it.  I think anyone buying Goodell's "integrity" grandstanding is naive, you think anyone doubting it is a Flat-Earther; it's whatever.  Just saying that your attempt to portray me as being overly-emotional about it comes off as projecting, at best.  If you really think that's all I post about just put me on ignore and get on with your day.  Problem solved.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Hey man you can call it "Kevin" if it makes you feel better, I'm really not going to lose any sleep over it.

The last time I tried to have an honest conversation on the topic, I asked a very simple question:

Why has Mike Mitchell never been suspended?

All I got by way of an answer was deflection & the usual accusations of whining etc etc so I dropped it.  I think anyone buying Goodell's "integrity" grandstanding is naive, you think anyone doubting it is a Flat-Earther; it's whatever.  Just saying that your attempt to portray me as being overly-emotional about it comes off as projecting, at best.  

HHAHAHAA..  

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Dude you're responding to yourself now, take the spaghetti out of your pocket and chill..

I talk to myself so it is appropriate to respond to myself on a message board I would think,  sound like you guys really were going at it there..  sounded pretty serious.  Hope it works out for you guys 

4 minutes ago, Marlon23 said:

I talk to myself so it is appropriate to respond to myself on a message board I would think,  sound like you guys really were going at it there..  sounded pretty serious.  Hope it works out for you guys 

Replying "I know right!" to your own post is a little odd, but you do you!

16 hours ago, Marlon23 said:

I was agreeing with myself, you should see when I don't agree with me self.  Talking about odd.  :ninja: = still not clear what ninja means

The ninja/:ph34r: is board-speak that the person's post is not to be taken 100% seriously.

Posted in jest, sarcasm, tongue in cheek etc.

I had to ask, too.

ie

Marvin Lewis is a great coach

:ph34r:

Archived