Bengals and Browns tried...

Mike hates the Browns but likes Hue Jackson.  My guess it was a personal appeal from Hue directly to Mike.  Hue is feeling the heat and likely thinks if he can win a couple of games it saves his job for another year.

With all of the picks that Cleveland has next year in the draft and the likely #1 selection why would you trade for a still untested QB (regardless of how well some think of AJ) halfway thru an 0-8 season?  Especially with a supposed deep QB draft class in 2018?  What do you really hope to gain?

Still sounds like a Hue panic move to me.   

Well, take it for what it is worth but based on a friend of mine who is a close friend of Hue Jackson, the Browns actually ended up passing on the AJ trade at the last second.  It is why we haven't heard any crying on that side. Legit source.

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Well, take it for what it is worth but based on a friend of mine who is a close friend of Hue Jackson, the Browns actually ended up passing on the AJ trade at the last second.  It is why we haven't heard any crying on that side. Legit source.

This is believable.

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

May well be true, but it would also be just the thing you would say if you f'ed it up.

Why did they even send in the paperwork at  4:02 if they changed their mind?

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

Why would the crack reporters make it look like a major fuck up when the turds actually pulled the plug on it? Either it's lazy reporting or they want to pile on the turds' misery and it's a better story or it's not true.  I believe it. I think Hue was about to push another bad Quitteresque trade through and the higher-ups axed it. They may have covered it up to hide the disagreement, but would it have been  better for it to look like they can't file simple paperwork?

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Why would the crack reporters make it look like a major fuck up when the turds actually pulled the plug on it? Either it's lazy reporting or they want to pile on the turds' misery and it's a better story or it's not true.  I believe it. I think Hue was about to push another bad Quitteresque trade through and the higher-ups axed it. They may have covered it up to hide the disagreement, but would it have been  better for it to look like they can't file simple paperwork?

His explanation was the Browns braintrust didn't want to make other clubs afraid to do deals with them.  Pulling the plug at the last second would have been a dick move, not that this is any better. 

The debate came down to the realization that AJ would have nothing to work with and a battered O line for the rest of the season. They didn't think under those conditions they would learn enough and would have no choice but to pick one of the top QBs in the 2018 draft.  They need the other picks for skill players and lineman.

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

May well be true, but it would also be just the thing you would say if you f'ed it up.

My thoughts exactly.   Didn't the NFL verify they'd botched the paperwork? If the Browns really got cold feet, why wouldn't they say so publicly instead of looking incompetent? 

I think Hue Jeego is trying to cover his ass.

Archived