Just how bad is this O-Line?

11 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

These guys may be the dumbest O-line in the league.  I'm not trying to pump Alexander's tires, but he's been coaching a while and I've never seen an o-line for the Bengals as clueless as this one seems to be. 

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Seems like every other play at least one guy on the OL is standing around holding his dick when the whistle blows.  I'm not an Assistant Head Coach or anything but I have to guess that blocking the wrong somebody is better than blocking nobody?

This. When players don't know what they are doing it will make them look slow and weak.  I was hoping that Ogbuehi's big problems the last two years were based on the fact that he had never had a healthy training camp to get the reps he needed to be comfortable with his assignments.  But instead of him getting better with experience it is like the whole line got worse.

An O lineman can have the strongest base in the league, but if he is playing flat footed because he is not sure of his assignment he will get bull rushed easily.  Same with quick feet and strong hands.  They don't help if you don't know exactly what you are supposed to be doing with them.

17 hours ago, fluhartz said:

this.. I don't know how many times in the last few weeks I have seen Bodine or either of the guards pick the wrong guy to block and leave someone a free path straight in to the backfield...

I think the craziest part is that a lot of the time they don't even pick the wrong guy to block, but they voluntarily release the defender in order to engage....nobody! As mentioned by a few others recently, it's really baffling to see our linemen standing there not even trying to block people far too often.

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

LOL +1

"Three Headed Monster" rushing attack

..........................yds/gm............yds/car.....td

Bernard................  14.9.............  4.2.........  0

Hill.......................  16.6.............  3.1.........  0

Mixon...................  36.1.............  3.0.........  1

2 hours ago, fredtoast said:

"Three Headed Monster" rushing attack

..........................yds/gm............yds/car.....td

Bernard................  14.9.............  4.2.........  0

Hill.......................  16.6.............  3.1.........  0

Mixon...................  36.1.............  3.0.........  1

KingGhidorah.jpg

2 hours ago, Bunghole said:

The oline is much better than people think...we're just suckering the rest of the teams into thinking we're bad, THEN we're going to pull the trigger and run the table. You'll see. Bam! 11-5.

yep.. got em right were we want them 

Archived