Very Official Bengals-Jags Gameday Thread

I've never been a huge Dalton fan, but don't see removing him as being of much use.  He's totally gun shy with good reason.  I just don't see how you move forward with this OL.  Anybody you put back there @ QB is going to be a punching bag with no time to throw and there is no running game cause even average D fronts are handing them their asses on a regular basis

The worst thing is this is not a "going back to the drawing board" situation.  This cannot be fixed.  This is a matter of a collection of frauds (with the possible exception of Boling) that do not deserve to be on an offensive line.   The talent is there elsewhere.  I believe the defense could improve and offensive skill players could possibly do better, but they just aren't gonna get the time opportunity because of this ill-conceived offensive front.

theres a bunch of talent on the team that is just being wasted. There are guys in almost every spot that are in their prime. The Bengals for some inconceivable reason dont put value on the offensive line which most mother fuckers will tell you is the most important unit. This team legit contributes to my hair loss.

1 minute ago, whodey365 said:

theres a bunch of talent on the team that is just being wasted. There are guys in almost every spot that are in their prime. The Bengals for some inconceivable reason dont put value on the offensive line which most mother fuckers will tell you is the most important unit. This team legit contributes to my hair loss.

right.. There is talent all over the team...but the o-line is so fucking bad that it doesn't matter

2 minutes ago, whodey365 said:

I have to disagree with you there.  I think they severely mis-evaluated/overestimated the talent, but investing a 1st and 2nd rounder in the same draft shows you value the offensive line.  Even going back, drafting Levi (early), Whitworth, signing Bobby Williams...the team clearly values the position, they just swung and missed badly on all of these guys unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, WRAPradio said:

I have to disagree with you there.  I think they severely mis-evaluated/overestimated the talent, but investing a 1st and 2nd rounder in the same draft shows you value the offensive line.  Even going back, drafting Levi (early), Whitworth, signing Bobby Williams...the team clearly values the position, they just swung and missed badly on all of these guys unfortunately. 

They also invested a first rounder in Zeitler who they didn't even try to re sign. I don't know about everybody else but at this point i'd much rather have him over Kirk. Everyone saw how bad the fancy tackles played last year. I don't know how you let the 2 best from that unit sign elsewhere. Yes they've spent high picks but didn't pay those picks when necessary.

51 minutes ago, kriZENry said:

Funny thing is I’m a born & raised Rams fan but became a lifer Bengals fan in like 1983. Amazing coincidence that Jerkoff, err, Jared Goff is lighting it up this year with Whiworth as his main protection. 

Remember people giving Whit crap cause he signed with the Rams?  Smarter move that folks thought.

Archived