Kirkpatrick on Marvin

Dre Kirkpatrick takes jab at Marvin Lewis for Bengals' struggles

Yeah, it’s gotten that bad for the Bengals.

by Jason Marcum@marcum89  Nov 5, 2017, 5:36pm EST

When the Bengals were 0-2, all the talk was of mutiny, “we suck,” and if this team could turn its season around.

Almost two months later, not much has changed. The Bengals are still two games below .500, the offense is a mess, and the Bengals, frankly, are not a good team. 

Dre Kirkpatrick, who coined that infamous “we suck” line, is once again making a statement that will raise some eyebrows. 

Whether he intended to or not (Dre is no stranger to misspeaking), he threw his head coach under the bus for the Bengals’ struggles. 

Asked Dre Kirkpatrick: "How does this get better?"

His answer: "That's the coach's job." #Bengals @fox19

The blame usually falls on the head coach, and Lewis has more than earned his blame for this team’s falters, but to actually hear a player come out and admit it shows you just how far this team has fallen.

What’s funny about this is Kirkpatrick is easily one of the worst starters on either side of the ball, so for him to take shots at Lewis speaks to how much disarray this team is in. 

On the same day A.J. Green was ejected for punching Jalen Ramsey, it’s clear Lewis is losing this team, if he hasn’t already.

Dre Kirkpatrick and Marvin Lewis have a lot in common including getting wildly overpaid to do a substandard job. Kirkpatrick is right. Lewis is a problem. Even a casual NFL observer can tell you Marvin is a dogshit NFL coach. The team needs new blood and a new direction. Marvin is not going to provide that.

30 minutes ago, schotzee said:

I just hope the pride and confidence this team had built up as recently as 2 years ago can quickly reemerge with new coaching blood.

Pride and confidence probably won't fix our offensive line.  We rushed for 29 Fucking yards against the 31st ranked run defense. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Pride and confidence probably won't fix our offensive line.  We rushed for 29 Fucking yards against the 31st ranked run defense. 

This is true , though I'm hoping we can get a new coach to scheme around the ineptitude. I have seen Little Giants, I know it can happen. :lol:

Since when does Dre Kirkpatrick "suck" or is "one of the worst starters on either side of the ball", according to the quoted article? That's just crazy talk. Sure, perhaps he isn't playing up to his salary/draft position, but he's a good player, and certainly better than our entire offensive line, he's at least as good at his job as Dalton is, he's as good as any receiver not named Green, he's better than Vinny Rey, he's better than Pacman, he's better than Dennard, he's better than Shawn Williams...WTF?

23 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

Since when does Dre Kirkpatrick "suck" or is "one of the worst starters on either side of the ball", according to the quoted article? That's just crazy talk. Sure, perhaps he isn't playing up to his salary/draft position, but he's a good player, and certainly better than our entire offensive line, he's at least as good at his job as Dalton is, he's as good as any receiver not named Green, he's better than Vinny Rey, he's better than Pacman, he's better than Dennard, he's better than Shawn Williams...WTF?

Not for nothin, but Kirkpatrick is a middle of the pack corner on one of his good days. He is certainly better than anyone on that awful OL and maybe better than the rest of the CB's on the team, but really, as good as Andy Dalton? C'mon, Andy has to play behind that porous OL with no running game and all Dre has to do is stay reasonably close to the man he's defending and he isn't doing that very well. 

I'm not picking on Dre, just saying that there is a lot of crap happening with this team that makes it hard to say this guy is better than that guy and so on.... For instance, what the hell happened to the DL that seemed to be having a resurgence over the first several games and now they can't get much pressure at all without bringing extra blitzers. And they also cant stop the run any longer. 

I will agree Kirkpatrick is not one of the worst starters on the team, but with the way this team is right now.... That's not saying much.

PFF hates Dre because of their grading system. They grade each play as either very bad, bad, neutral, good, or very good, and then add them all up and convert it into a numeric score from 0 to 100. Dre is a terrible tackler so he gets lots of bad and very bad grades for missing tackles. He also gets flagged a lot when he's beaten.

For comparison, Football Outsiders has charting stats, and Dre has usually ranked quite highly there, especially against the deep ball. I'd say Dre is probably something like the 30th best corner in the league. Unfortunately, right now he's paid like the 15th best.

Archived