2018 Coaching prospects

13 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Can't blame Joseph for the team being soft.  He has just been there one season and 90% of the roster is the same as last season.

There are 3 absolutes in the NFL.

1. When the talking heads call the Dolpins the sleeper team this year, bet against them.

2. See #1 and replace the word Dolphins with Browns.

3. Never start Jay Cutler in Fantasy Football.

31 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

I keep praying "no news is good news."

I just hope the news isn't Hue Jackson.  Proven track record as a loser.

Even is own media is down on him.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/10d61ffd-50f5-3e1a-a1bc-4ce4464f0ff4/ss_hue-jackson's-coaching-errors.html

Mentions things like clock management, personnel, etc.  Sounds like Marvin 2.0

Just decided to renew my season tickets for another year.

I go with my son and it is a great way to spend a few afternoons a year.

I accept some degree of rebuilding and correcting the past couple drafts, but I can't see 

anything but same-old same-old with Dip or Shit.

25 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I just hope the news isn't Hue Jackson.  Proven track record as a loser.

Even is own media is down on him.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/10d61ffd-50f5-3e1a-a1bc-4ce4464f0ff4/ss_hue-jackson's-coaching-errors.html

Mentions things like clock management, personnel, etc.  Sounds like Marvin 2.0

Just decided to renew my season tickets for another year.

I go with my son and it is a great way to spend a few afternoons a year.

I accept some degree of rebuilding and correcting the past couple drafts, but I can't see 

anything but same-old same-old with Dip or Shit.

No Hue for me either.

I took the wife and a couple grandkids to the game yesterday.  We were on the 40 yard line row 4 behind the Browns bench.  Really got a birds eye view of Hue and goings on.

Browns are really undisciplined.  The most emotion I saw on the sideline was some Brown suit was bitching cause he couldn't find chapstick in the med supplies.

• 2 weeks later...

Washington's Chris Petersen
"Petersen would be a great fit for the NFL. He runs an NFL-style offense. He loves to use the tight ends. He knows how to put together a strong coaching staff and pro players would respect him."

I found this on the NFL list - any thoughts?

12 minutes ago, mhfinks said:

Washington's Chris Petersen
"Petersen would be a great fit for the NFL. He runs an NFL-style offense. He loves to use the tight ends. He knows how to put together a strong coaching staff and pro players would respect him."

I found this on the NFL list - any thoughts?

I agree with all this and he did an impressive job while at Boise State. I wouldn't be against it, however I don't see it as a possibility. He's getting paid significantly more than Marvin Lewis has already. I'm sure he would certainly command more.

17 minutes ago, schotzee said:

He's getting paid significantly more than Marvin Lewis has already.

Marvin $4.5 million

Peterson $4.8 million

Money will not be the issue.  I just don't trust coillege head coaches who have never even been coordinators in the NFL.

7 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Marvin $4.5 million

Peterson $4.8 million

Money will not be the issue.  I just don't trust coillege head coaches who have never even been coordinators in the NFL.

Yeah, actually I'd really prefer not to go in that direction either.

Really, money aside, name another coaching job you can get where you can underperform for 15 years and insist that YOUR demands be met if the club wants you to stay.

The Bengals job, if nothing else, is secure. No matter how poorly you perform, everyone will blame the Brown family.

Sweet gig.

25 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Really, money aside, name another coaching job you can get where you can underperform for 15 years and insist that YOUR demands be met if the club wants you to stay.

The Bengals job, if nothing else, is secure. No matter how poorly you perform, everyone will blame the Brown family.

Sweet gig.

Well now that you mention it - I think i should apply! I would even do it for 1/2 and i would use the fans on this board to assist me in making half time adjustments, draft selections, and FA acquisitions. Hell, I may even hire some on here as assistant coaches - and arm chair quarterbacks! lets start the petition today! MHFINKS for HC! Hell Yeah!

10 minutes ago, mhfinks said:

Well now that you mention it - I think i should apply! I would even do it for 1/2 and i would use the fans on this board to assist me in making half time adjustments, draft selections, and FA acquisitions. Hell, I may even hire some on here as assistant coaches - and arm chair quarterbacks! lets start the petition today! MHFINKS for HC! Hell Yeah!

Yes.  Let's move all of the forum arguments (bitch fests) onto the sidelines!  

Popcorn sales will skyrocket.

🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

Just now, Cricket said:

Yes.  Let's move all of the forum arguments (bitch fests) onto the sidelines!  

Popcorn sales will skyrocket.

🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

Hell we can even have a section with signs to say "Go for it on fourth down", "Punt," "Kick the field goal" Play man or cover two!

Archived