2018 Coaching prospects

47 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

This is getting ridiculous.

Regular season games can be "big wins".  Fans say it every week.  Announcers say it every week.  Fans pay money too see these regular season games because they have meaning.

It is absurd to claim that there is no such thing as a "big win" in the regular season is absurd.

One more try, nobody said regular season wins can not be big wins.  Everyone here would agree some wins during the regular season are very big, particularly against division rivals.  That said, the FACT that our BIGGEST WINS this CENTURY have all come during the regular season is pathetic.

Far fetched I know, but Mike is paying Marvin more than what Zimmer is making at Minny. Mike , please resign and come back to Cincy. We know you kept your home in northern Ky. You must have done that for a reason.:1hump:  Says he loves the Bengals but loves the Vikings " a little bit more right now"

13 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Far fetched I know, but Mike is paying Marvin more than what Zimmer is making at Minny. Mike , please resign and come back to Cincy

Yes please leave your 10-3 program to deal with the hare-brained stubborn ideas & musty loser stink of ol' Redeemer McSoggyTrousers.

:grin-min:

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Yes please leave your 10-3 program to deal with the hare-brained stubborn ideas & musty loser stink of ol' Redeemer McSoggyTrousers.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/13318349/mike-zimmer-not-pleased-minnesota-vikings-field-issues

MANKATO, Minn. -- When he became the ninth head coach in Minnesota Vikings history in January 2014, Mike Zimmer became the latest to try to clean up the team's long string of off-field trouble.

According to USA Today, which keeps a database of NFL arrests, the Vikings have had more players arrested than any team in the league since 2000. Jabari Price became the 48th Vikings player to be arrested or cited in that time.

53 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/13318349/mike-zimmer-not-pleased-minnesota-vikings-field-issues

MANKATO, Minn. -- When he became the ninth head coach in Minnesota Vikings history in January 2014, Mike Zimmer became the latest to try to clean up the team's long string of off-field trouble.

According to USA Today, which keeps a database of NFL arrests, the Vikings have had more players arrested than any team in the league since 2000. Jabari Price became the 48th Vikings player to be arrested or cited in that time.

Yeah, I don't think him coming is totally out of the realm of possibility. He loves Cincinnati. Him and Marvin are still friends and talk a lot. Maybe Marvin would want Zimmer to finish what we got started with the organization. If not him, an offensive minded guy.

20 hours ago, T-Dub said:

15 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Man that 2 1/2 year old article about something totally irrelevant to the current success of both teams sure did fucking show T-Dub. Damn dude, please slow down with that fire you're gonna hurt somebody.

GOT EM! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! Freddy gonna getcha! Always bringing the relevant hot takes on the subject.

2 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Man that 2 1/2 year old article about something totally irrelevant to the current success of both teams sure did fucking show T-Dub. Damn dude, please slow down with that fire you're gonna hurt somebody.

GOT EM! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! Freddy gonna getcha! Always bringing the relevant hot takes on the subject.

Hotter than the 3 servings of spaghetti in his pocket.

I admit I had a chuckle, but there's a reason I've got dude on ignore.  

2 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

If you guys would just settle down and read what I post instead of obsessing over insulting everything I say you would realize that I posted was indeed relevant to the idea of Mike Zimmer returning to the Bengals.

There was a claim made that a reason Mike would not return was the fact that Bengal management retained players with off field problems.  I simply posted some proof that Mike obviously did not let that same issue keep him from going to the Vikings.

I am flattered that almost every thread seems to have a few posts devoted to nothing but me, but at the same time I wish you guys could concentrate more on the actual football related topics we are discussing.

11 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

If you guys would just settle down and read what I post instead of obsessing over insulting everything I say you would realize that I posted was indeed relevant to the idea of Mike Zimmer returning to the Bengals.

There was a claim made that a reason Mike would not return was the fact that Bengal management retained players with off field problems.  I simply posted some proof that Mike obviously did not let that same issue keep him from going to the Vikings.

I am flattered that almost every thread seems to have a few posts devoted to nothing but me, but at the same time I wish you guys could concentrate more on the actual football related topics we are discussing.

Who made that claim??     Seems to me you just pulled a Fred. 

45 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Dude.

You quoted a post that had NOTHING to do with retaining players with off field problems with an article that's 2 1/2 years old. T-Dub essentially asked why Zimmer would want to leave his team with a good record to come to a team that's struggling. Not a fucking word about off the field problems (especially off the field problems from 3 years ago).

I'm flattered that you keep insinuating that I can't read, but I wish you'd actually post shit that made sense and I wouldn't have to make you look so bad.

1 minute ago, omgdrdoom said:

Dude.

You quoted a post that had NOTHING to do with retaining players with off field problems with an article that's 2 1/2 years old. T-Dub essentially asked why Zimmer would want to leave his team with a good record to come to a team that's struggling. Not a fucking word about off the field problems (especially off the field problems from 3 years ago).

I'm flattered that you keep insinuating that I can't read, but I wish you'd actually post shit that made sense and I wouldn't have to make you look so bad.

The "Reedemer" comment is all about Mike Brown keeping players with off field problems.  What did you think it means?

And the article was from 2.5 years ago because that is when Mike went to the Vikings.

Get it now?

37 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Who made that claim??     Seems to me you just pulled a Fred. 

Why do you think he use the nickname "Redeemer" for Mike Brown?  It is a direct comment about Mike Brown signing or keeping players with off field issues.

7 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

The "Reedemer" comment is all about Mike Brown keeping players with off field problems.  What did you think it means?

And the article was from 2.5 years ago because that is when Mike went to the Vikings.

Get it now?

I honestly thought you were suggesting that he might be willing to come back to Cincy as I suggested bc there was trouble in paradise with Zimmer, albeit it was 2 years ago. I took your point wrong as well in that aspect.

17 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Get it now?

Lmfao are you serious?

T-Dub calls him the Reedemer all the time. His point was 100% about the team's current records and anyone that can read should be able to figure that out. Nothing to do with off field shit from 3 years ago.

So you proved a point that T-Dub didn't make and you think a 3 year old article is relevant to that since Mike got hired at that point? That's Grade-A classic Fred material.

45 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Why do you think he use the nickname "Redeemer" for Mike Brown?  It is a direct comment about Mike Brown signing or keeping players with off field issues.

No, you claimed that Zimmer left because of us keeping guys with off-field problems. And you cited NO sources for such claim. Quit moving the goalposts dude.

Okay, everyone, calm down.  Let's make this discussion about Mike Zimmer instead of me.

The nickname "Redeemer" is a direct insult directed at Mike Brown because he signs or keeps guys with off field problems.  When you suggest that Zimmer would not want to work for the "Redeemer" then it is implying that Mike would not want to work work a guy who keeps or signs guys with off field problems.  I realize that that snot the entire point that T-dub was making, but you can not deny that it was part of it.  If someone uses a specific insulting nickname that has a very specific meaning he can not deny that the nickname has that meaning.

So I posted some info that seems to indicate that Zimmer does not care if his owner is a "Redeemer" or not.

Then a bunch of guys lose their shit and try to turn this into a "Let's squeal at Fred Toast" thread.

Have you all never been on any other message boards?  Sometimes people are going to disagree with you.  That does not mean they are a troll.  Trolls throw around personal insults and try to make arguments with no logical basis.  I didn't insult anyone, and I made a post with real information that was directly relevant to the thread discussion.

The claim that calling Mike Brown the "Redeemer" does not have anything to do with signing or keeping guys with off field issues is the most troll-like post in this thread.  How can anyone take that claim seriously?  There is no other possible meaning for that nickname.

Archived