2018 Coaching prospects

3 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

The Patriots are still doing pretty good with a head coach that the Browns fired.

Bill Bellicheck had 20 years of NFL coaching experience with various organizations to include 12 years with the Giants and the head coaching gig at Cleveland BEFORE he went to New England.

Dave Shula's total NFL coaching experience was 2 very bad years as the Dallas Offensive Coordinator before he was fired.  

Apples and Oranges. 

9 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Dave Shula's total NFL coaching experience was 2 very bad years as the Dallas Offensive Coordinator before he was fired.  

Apples and Oranges. 

What does Dave Shula have to do with Forrest Gregg?  Shula never coached for the Browns.

12 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

What does Dave Shula have to do with Forrest Gregg?  Shula never coached for the Browns.

Well, Gregg coached the Browns and a shitty CFL team before coming here so I don't know if it makes much of a difference :lol:

WTS, I'm not one to say a coach is going to be bad because of their previous track record without any context, I think it all depends on the situation(s) they were in. I'm open to welcoming any new blood in here, I just don't want to see Simmons or Guenther get the job.

You aren't going to find many coaches with amazing credentials just sitting there waiting to get hired, especially wanting to work with Mike Brown. We're either going to make an internal hire or else we're looking at a position coach/coordinator that doesn't have HC experience or a "failed" HC from another team.

Girls I might have sex with:

Internal candidates:

My Wife

Outside candidates:

Jessica Simpson
Christina Hendricks
Scar Jo
Ms. S from Orphan Black (Don't ask)
Gal Godot

Might have sex with me again:

Lulu Jackson
Tiffany JaGruden

Also possible: Terri Garr, Molly Ringwald, Jennifer Connely

-------------------------------------
This is what that coaching list looks like to me... And much like me, the Bengals aren't going to have any better options than their internal candidates because all of those hot young starlets aren't interested in Mike-ro Penis Brown.

2 hours ago, fredtoast said:

First of all my original point was that Mike Brown had made a horrible coaching decisions in the past aka hiring a guy with only 2 years of failed NFL experience in Dave Shula.  

Then you butted in with some off the wall, comparison about then 20 year coaching veteran Bill Bellicheck's hiring by Bob Kraft in response to an equally odd reply by Harry concerning Forrest Gregg's hiring by PAUL BROWN.

Last time I checked, Bob Kraft wasn't our owner and Paul Brown was dead. However, the guy who hired Dave Shula still owns and controls the team.

BTW,  Gregg already had 9 years of Pro Football coaching experience before he arrived.  Add to this his 16 year Hall of Fame career in the NFL and it is obvious he was more than experienced enough to be a head coach.  Mike Brown's decision to hire Dave Shula looks similar to Notre Dame hiring Jerry Faust.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Girls I might have sex with:

Internal candidates:

My Wife

Outside candidates:

Jessica Simpson
Christina Hendricks
Scar Jo
Ms. S from Orphan Black (Don't ask)
Gal Godot

Might have sex with me again:

Lulu Jackson
Tiffany JaGruden

Also possible: Terri Garr, Molly Ringwald, Jennifer Connely

-------------------------------------
This is what that coaching list looks like to me... And much like me, the Bengals aren't going to have any better options than their internal candidates because all of those hot young starlets aren't interested in Mike-ro Penis Brown.

+1 for Christina Hendricks

christina-hendricks-21.jpg

Also add.....

Cerci Lannister

and

the girl in Virginia who was eaten by pit bulls.

(You should start a thread ... great possibilities)

I'm gonna throw out the name Adam Zimmer. Mike Brown type of hire, connection with Cincy obviously, also as obvious , has a great mentor. Not a lot of big time coaching experience, but 11 years as an assistant none the less. Maybe he could bring his sister back with him at least. She's hot!:1hump:

3 hours ago, schotzee said:

I'm gonna throw out the name Adam Zimmer. Mike Brown type of hire, connection with Cincy obviously, also as obvious , has a great mentor. Not a lot of big time coaching experience, but 11 years as an assistant none the less. Maybe he could bring his sister back with him at least. She's hot!:1hump:

Going whit that train of thought, there's Marcus Lewis.  And add hiring from within.

I think this is a good suggestion. Why don’t we consider offering the head-coaching position to the offense coordinator for the Pittsburgh Stealers? We could learn quite a bit, and it would help our defense next year! 

46 minutes ago, Rick said:

I think this is a good suggestion. Why don’t we consider offering the head-coaching position to the offense coordinator for the Pittsburgh Stealers? We could learn quite a bit, and it would help our defense next year! 

Yeah no. The only ex stealer acceptable at Least imo is cowturd.

I'm starting to get hip on Jay Gruden if he's let go by the skins. Offensive minded guy and plenty of experience as HC now. 4 in NFL and 2 in arena. Remember he won 2 championships as HC in arena. He's not afraid to make bold moves if I remember correctly, he benched Rg3. Right or wrong I like that boldness.

Archived