2018 Coaching prospects

I think that IF Marvin Lewis quits/retires/gets fired that Paul "Chunk" Guenther gets the job. I'm not in favour of this but, I really think it's likely.

Please don't mention Jay Gruden, Bill Cowher or Tom Coughlin. It's not happening. A hard pass on Hue Jackson too.

I think these guys are interesting candidates:

Russ Grimm
Teryl Austin
Matt Patricia
Mike Vrabel
Jim Schwartz
Jim Bob Cooter
Harold Goodwin

Tom Clements

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don’t know names but I know what I want. 

Offensive minded. 

Aggressive. 

Disciplinarian

This x10000000000000000.

Russ Grimm would definitely improve the O-line.

Jim Schwartz has connections with Marvin, so I'd say no on him. Didn't one of his Lions team go 0-16?

3 hours ago, whodey365 said:

Literally anyone else that isn't currently employed by the Bengals. 

I could not agree more.  But I think we all know it isn't going to happen unless Mike Brown dies between now and the end of the season.  I've never been closer to checking out on this organization and the NFL in general.  I'm going to give them a chance to make a good hire, have a great draft, and make smart personnel decisions this off-season.  If it is the same old status quo bullshit, I am just going to put forth the actual effort to sever my ties with pro football.

I think Guenther is a fine DC, and may even be a good HC at some point, but this team needs a fresh voice.  A voice that hasn't been involved in the chronic under-performing that has been stuck with the Bengals throughout the Lewis era.  Hopefully Katie will insist on looking outside like they did when they hired Lewis years ago. 

It really is starting to sink in that this is more than likely Marvin's last season as head coach and I truly fear what solution the front office will come up with. Given the Bengals HC history under MB being pessimistic about the future is well within bounds. I can't imagine the Bengals paying a decent, well known Coach to come to Cincinnati... It will be a promotion from within the organization or some young guy who'll take next to nothing (in HC terms) to get a shot. That worked out with Marvin for years, but who's to say what will happen next. 

I get why people would be apprehensive to Haley, but when you watch the Stealers (offense and defense), they are just ridiculously well coached. Stuff that they run on offense specifically to beat your defense. I think it would be a breath of fresh air. Plus, he's the opposite of Marvin. Haley is a hot head. Maybe he learned from all of his mistakes with Arizona. 

37 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

I get why people would be apprehensive to Haley, but when you watch the Stealers (offense and defense), they are just ridiculously well coached. Stuff that they run on offense specifically to beat your defense. I think it would be a breath of fresh air. Plus, he's the opposite of Marvin. Haley is a hot head. Maybe he learned from all of his mistakes with Arizona. 

Good point!!

Archived