Marvin Lewis (LETS GET THIS OUT IN THE OPEN)

What Happens with Marvin Next Year?   

17 members have voted

1. 1. What Happens with Marvin Next Year?

• Will he Quit?
    • Will he Retire " Meaning Fired but they play it like he is Retiring?"
    • Will he Retire and not coach anywhere else?
    • Will he be back as head coach next year?
    • Or will he Truly be Fired?

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

No, Marvin will be given a silver plated watch and thanked for his service.  We will hire a coordinator of some type at the lowest end of the pay scale and move on.

We will see..  :P  This is more exciting than the actual season so far. lol.  no matter what though if Marvin does go to be honest it will sadden my heart a bit I think he has done a lot of great things at PBS and in the community.  Solid guy I truly believe it. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Let me add to this Marlon so you can figure it out:

In 2010 the team started off 2-1.  This with a healthy Carson Palmer, TO and OCHO.  We proceeded to lose 10 straight games.  This was in Marvin's 8th season and the year before we got ass raped by the Jets in the last two games of the season to include the Wild Card game.  Marvin totally lost control of the team.  He was under contract for the next year,..he wasn't let go.  

Mike Brown has no intention of paying someone else to step in mid season AND pay Marvin.   Never gonna happen.

I forgot about the possibility of NFL coaches contracts being guaranteed, unlike the players. This is true based on your comment, correct? If so then nevermind me calling for Marvin's head now. Like you said, ain't happening if it costs Mike Brown money.

44 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

I forgot about the possibility of NFL coaches contracts being guaranteed, unlike the players. This is true based on your comment, correct? If so then nevermind me calling for Marvin's head now. Like you said, ain't happening if it costs Mike Brown money.

Bung, Marvin doesn't have a new contract, unless you know something nobody else does.

16 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Bung, Marvin doesn't have a new contract, unless you know something nobody else does.

I think that was re: firing him now rather than letting his current contract expire.  I agree MB isn't going to do that and I'm not sure what the point would be anyhow.  The season is flushed, all firing him now does is give the fans their blood sacrifice.  After 15 years & all the disappointments MB is going to humiliate him by firing him halfway through his final season?

Archived