Anyone Boycotting Veterans’ Day Weekend NFL Games?

Rick

I will join the Veterans’ Day Weekend boycott of the Bengals. I am guessing most, if not all here, will not boycott the Bengals. However, since not a single Bengal has knelt during the season, (I have not seen or heard of any.) I will watch them and only them next week. (No ESPN!) I contacted the Bengals office and told them I will boycott them on Veterans’ Day weekend.

I will spend my usual Bengals game day time watching a movie about Martin Luther.

I plan on spending the weekend cutting off my nose to spite my face.

There are veterans out there who support the players kneeling during the anthem.  Apparently some of them are able to read and understand that the players are not protesting against the military in any way.  But sadly there are still a bunch out there who don't get it.

Boycott why? I really dont care if players stand or kneel. I dont care what Andy Dalton had for dinner last night or who Aj is married to. All I care is what happens between kick off and the final whistle. I'd bet that most people screaming at their tv while a player is taking a knee are also sitting on their couch. At least that's what I'm doing with my hand on a beer. 

A. Rick, you need therapy.

B.  What’s lost in this entire belligerent furor over athletes kneeling for the National Anthem is that our National Anthem fucking *SUCKS*. The melody is an atonal abortion originally crafted for sailors drunk to the point of changing their sexual orientation, and paired with a shitty, racist poem that extols the virtues of keeping slaves in their shackles. I fully and wholeheartedly support athletes kneeling during the anthem to protest police brutality and the wanton disregard for the lives and safety of African Americans. I’d be just as OK with folks walking out because it’s a shit piece of music.     

I have no intentions of boycotting the Bengals' game on TV this Marine Corps Birthday and Veterans Day Weekend.

If they were home, I would go, as usual and always.

No Bengals have knelt during the National Anthem.  If it is shown on TV, I will stand to show my respect.

I furthermore plan to have a Papa John's pizza and wear my brand new Bengals quarter zip fleece during the game.

NO :ph34r:

God Bless America 

31 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I have no intentions of boycotting the Bengals' game on TV this Marine Corps Birthday and Veterans Day Weekend.

If they were home, I would go, as usual and always.

No Bengals have knelt during the National Anthem.  If it is shown on TV, I will stand to show my respect.

I furthermore plan to have a Papa John's pizza and wear my brand new Bengals quarter zip fleece during the game.

NO :ph34r:

God Bless America 

Is Peyton Manning going to be your guest also?

6 hours ago, Elflocko said:

B.  The melody is an atonal abortion originally crafted for sailors drunk to the point of changing their sexual orientation, and paired with a shitty, racist poem that extols the virtues of keeping slaves in their shackles. 

Why you gotta fuck with the sailors?

7 hours ago, whodey365 said:

Boycott why? I really dont care if players stand or kneel. I dont care what Andy Dalton had for dinner last night or who Aj is married to. All I care is what happens between kick off and the final whistle. I'd bet that most people screaming at their tv while a player is taking a knee are also sitting on their couch. At least that's what I'm doing with my hand on a beer. 

some ppl are sheep....they just do as they're told by Vladimir rump....

it's not about the flag.....but whatever....rump has spoken so you sheep must obey....

i'm w/ whodey 365....I only care about what goes on, on the field....

if these dumb sheep want to not watch, do it for a good reason....like to protest what the US govt did to the native Americans....

but i'm sure, just like your master, rump, their skin is too dark for your taste.....they don't matter...

Go Bengals & Go NFL...

Ex-serviceman and military family here... Veterans of the various Desert ***** missions.... And I have no problem with the players kneeling.

I DO have a problem with the DOD paying the NFL to stage shows of patriotism and pretending they give a shit about our vets. Remember for all of Jerry Jones' faux patriotism, we had to pay him to honor fallen soldiers. While the VA is underfunded. If you're more worried about the way it looks than the way it is... You have my sympathies brother.

Also a veteran from a long line of vets. Lets see:

Grandpa on my mom's side, retired Air Force Colonel, served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. Buried at Arlington

Grandad on my father's side, retired Army Infantry Colonel, served in WWII and Korea, buried in Florida

My father, West Point grad (1963), retired Army Major General, served two tours in Vietnam as a combat engineer, will be buried at Arlington

My Uncle Tom on my Dad's side, West Point Grad (1965) , retired Army Colonel, served two tours in Vietnam as a Cobra pilot

My Uncle Mike on my Dad's side, West Point grad (1974), retired Army Lieutenant Colonel, Apache and Cobra pilot, now helps design helicopter simulators for the military (they are scary real, I got to "ride" in one during a crash scenario).

My Uncle Greg on my mom's side, retired Army Colonel in Special Operations, served in Vietnam, buried at Arlington

My cousin Mike, a career enlisted Army man, is an E-7 (Sergeant First Class) serving as an MP in Korea

My cousin Barry, retired Army Sergeant, served in Bosnia, served in post 9-11 airport security, served in the Iraq War. He's all kinds of fucked up with PTSD and back injuries, his HMMV was nailed by an IED doing fuel tanker convoy support ops from Baghdad to Kuwait

Myself, Army Spec 4, field artillery, served in Germany and Fort Sill, all during peacetime (and my unit didn't deploy to the first Iraq War).

I am with the chorus: I really don't care if the players kneel or not. And I don't care what they're kneeling for (caveat: I do care about police brutality against minorities, what I mean is that if they were kneeling for something less important, I would still not really care if they did it in the sense that I'm "offended that they're disrespecting the flag" or whatever). 

Myself and my family helped reinforce the right to behave in this way. They have every right to kneel during the anthem, there's no law against it! They could also pick their noses, scratch their asses, grab their crotches, etc and it STILL wouldn't bother me. That's their right that they enjoy being an American (which used to actually mean something, you know, the shining light of freedom on the hill, the land of opportunity, give me your poor, your hungry, your huddled masses, etc).

I guess I just don't understand the hubbub. My Dad is boycotting the games along with his group of vets he commisserates with, but I just can't get behind it. For one, I don't believe it's disrespectful, and for two, I am going to watch the goddamn shitty Bengals come hell or high water. That's my church on Sundays, I DO NOT MISS THE GAMES. Win or lose, suck or mediocre, that's my squad out there.

Why can't we just go back to the players being in the locker room during the anthem? Problem solved. The frothing uber-patriots get to stand and sing and I'll take off my hat and put my hand over my heart. Then the players run out of the tunnel to fireworks to a roaring crowd right after the anthem, and all is well in the world. Jeez, this is much ado about nothing.

16 hours ago, pucksinwah said:

some ppl are sheep....they just do as they're told by Vladimir rump....

it's not about the flag.....but whatever....rump has spoken so you sheep must obey....

i'm w/ whodey 365....I only care about what goes on, on the field....

if these dumb sheep want to not watch, do it for a good reason....like to protest what the US govt did to the native Americans....

but i'm sure, just like your master, rump, their skin is too dark for your taste.....they don't matter...

Go Bengals & Go NFL...

They were doing it long before Trump said anything. And who said that they're all Trump supporters? But that makes it easier for the Trump bashing sheep that are still crying over the election to draw the political line.

Archived