2 hours ago, Marlon23 said:

NFL has become silly, I guaranteed Tom Brady did this no ejection.

It was his 2nd P Foul penalty, automatic ejection. What he did would not have gotten him ejected if it was first one.

Can't touch the refs end of discussion. Burfict knows this and was being stupid just like the first penalty. "I can't slows down or move to the left so I will put my arms in the air."

10 hours ago, SF2 said:

It was his 2nd P Foul penalty, automatic ejection. What he did would not have gotten him ejected if it was first one.

Can't touch the refs end of discussion. Burfict knows this and was being stupid just like the first penalty. "I can't slows down or move to the left so I will put my arms in the air."

I agree with you - but - it's plain to anyone looking he has a target on his back. The ref "touch" is just as bad of a call as the first penalty. I guess I knew this was coming but, like the rest of this season, sucks to watch.

If there is no suspension, it's the NFL version of an apology we see every week - "oops, our bad"

gee thanks

Touched the ref and the penalty is a no-brainer (like our coach).

Kind of looks to me like the ref threw his arm out in Vontaze's face and he

was simply pushing it away albeit rather brusquely.

I don't think the Johnny Manzell/Million Dollar Man money, money, money gesture on the way out to show his disdain for the upcoming fine did much to help his cause.  Or show his cool and maturity.  I do think he has a target on his back and Denver will probably be his last game for awhile.

35 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Lather, rinse, repeat.  Burfict has made his bed and can't figure out how to lie in it.  Time to move on.  Send him to Hue in Cleveland.

Hue would only have him for 7 games.  I doubt any coach can survive a 2-30 start.

47 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Touched the ref and the penalty is a no-brainer (like our coach).

Kind of looks to me like the ref threw his arm out in Vontaze's face and he

was simply pushing it away albeit rather brusquely.

I don't think the Johnny Manzell/Million Dollar Man money, money, money gesture on the way out to show his disdain for the upcoming fine did much to help his cause.  Or show his cool and maturity.  I do think he has a target on his back and Denver will probably be his last game for awhile.

The ref had his arm out to keep the players separated.  Happens all the time.  What doesn't happen often is one of the players pushing the ref's arm out of the way like Burfict did.  Certainly no harm was done but you CANT TOUCH A REF.  He is so immature its ridiculous and every team knows it.   

The first PF penalty was equally as stupid.  "Look ref, I have my arms in the air.  I am trying to slow down, I swear.  Opps I done run into the guy 4 yards out of bounds.  Sorry."   Just immature stupidity. 

Whatever... His immature BS is costing him games, and us chunks of yardage.

Frankly, if you break down his game tape, he's having a terrible year as well. 

But hey, thank god Mike Brown just locked him up long term as one of the highest paid LB's in the game! And to think... Some fans wanted to waste that money on an 87 year old Andrew Whitworth. Brown Family RULZ!

3 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Whatever... His immature BS is costing him games, and us chunks of yardage.

Frankly, if you break down his game tape, he's having a terrible year as well. 

But hey, thank god Mike Brown just locked him up long term as one of the highest paid LB's in the game! And to think... Some fans wanted to waste that money on an 87 year old Andrew Whitworth. Brown Family RULZ!

To be fair, he can be cut at anytime for very little loss relative to his contract.

Only 9-10% of his contract is guaranteed, which is absurdly low. I'd imagine he knew he'd have to sign a deal like that due to his extracurricular activities.

1 minute ago, omgdrdoom said:

To be fair, he can be cut at anytime for very little loss relative to his contract.

To be faihhhhhhr....

To be fair, reserving that money for him and Tyler Eifert has already resulted in us being unable to pay Whitworth, and in that regard has probably been a good reason why we have "lost" a season of Bengals football. And I still think that Burfict's Wild Card game and suspension last year had a lot to do with the team's slow start. So, to my mind, he's already "cost" us two years of Dalton and AJ in their primes.

14 hours ago, SF2 said:

The NFL has become very soft, the hands in the AIR I believe he truly did not mean to hit the guy but when you have a body like VB's in motion it is pretty hard to stop. I have seen Other players pat the ref's on the but, not a sneeze, nor a sexual harassment lawsuit.   

Image result for tom brady and refs

Image result for tom brady touching refs

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

To be faihhhhhhr....

To be fair, reserving that money for him and Tyler Eifert has already resulted in us being unable to pay Whitworth, and in that regard has probably been a good reason why we have "lost" a season of Bengals football. And I still think that Burfict's Wild Card game and suspension last year had a lot to do with the team's slow start. So, to my mind, he's already "cost" us two years of Dalton and AJ in their primes.

Well we extended Burfict and we still could have afforded Whitworth. If we re-signed Whit, I also don't think we'd have brought Smith back ($3+ million), so that's to think about as well. I'm just saying, I can understand people frustrated with Burfict for some of the stuff he does, but acting like he has alone cost us 2 years of Andy/A.J. is a bit of a stretch IMO. His contract isn't (shouldn't be) causing the FO to make poor decisions, and if it is, that's on them and not Burfict. We could easily have Whitworth on this roster right now without making any sacrifice other than our backup, not very good RT/LT/OG/whatever.

Missed FGs cost us more games than Burfict did last year in my eyes. You can argue that a healthy, in shape Burfict would have prevented games from getting to the point of the FGs mattering so much, but the point remains that I think you're directing a lot of the team's problems on just one guy when we have a lot of issues right now.

42 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

To be faihhhhhhr....

Letterkenny. So Canadian.

Archived