Current 2018 Draft Order

1 hour ago, Tigris said:

Pacman's wheels have to fall off sometime and I think his contract can be voided without taking a big cap hit. Makes me think the Bengals prepared for a possible departure. Also, Dennard is a FA after next season. Who do you keep with Kirkpatrick? Dennard or Jackson? Dennard is going to get paid somewhere and if it's here, William Jackson is getting mega bucks from somewhere else. I think if a guy they believe in is there, Pacman gets the axe, they draft the corner, and that corner registers 30 defensive plays in 2018. It's what we do. 

Even if you take Pacman out of the equation after next season (and honestly I still think he can play at a high level for at least one more year, ala Terrance Newman, but his injury history is what bothers me the most about him at this point)...that still leaves us with three first rounders at that position. Kirkpatric is already locked up, and we'll give big money to one of the other two (I hope it's Jackson). I don't think you need more than two starting CB's that are first rounders. We can pick up a decent nickel CB later in the draft, and I'd be fine with that. Just not at #12.

I wouldn't draft one. Just saying I wouldn't be surprised if CIN takes one at 12. Seems like we've overstocked at CB for years now. I'd go anywhere on the OL or LB first pending my grades. Hopefully the OL prospect grades out and we go that direction. 

LT McGlitchney, LG Boling, C Redmond, RG Hopkins, RT Fisher

or

LT Boling, LG Redmond, C Price, RG Hopkins, RT Fisher

or

LT Boling, LG Westerman, C Redmond, RG Hopkins, RT Fisher

or

LT Boling, LG Nelson, C Redmond, RG Hopkins/Westerman, RT Fisher

I like Redmond a lot. Just get Ogbuehi and Bodine out of there. I've seen enough. 

1 hour ago, Tigris said:

LT McGlitchney, LG Boling, C Redmond, RG Hopkins, RT Fisher

or

LT Boling, LG Redmond, C Price, RG Hopkins, RT Fisher

or

LT Boling, LG Westerman, C Redmond, RG Hopkins, RT Fisher

or

LT Boling, LG Nelson, C Redmond, RG Hopkins/Westerman, RT Fisher

I like Redmond a lot. Just get Ogbuehi and Bodine out of there. I've seen enough. 

I think Bodine playing guard is so vastly superior to Ogbuehi playing tackle that it's barely worth mentioning. Bodine is solid, though I wouldn't mind an upgrade that sends Bodine into a backup role.

How about drafting the Ohio State Center in round one?

If we can trade down a few slots and get him, so much the better.

OL position of need and perhaps more drafting too high than a reach (the Bengals usual)

but a solid if unspectacular pick.

Keep Bodine as a Guard and back up Center if the price is right.

This would make us heavy at guard with Hopkins, Boling, Westerman and Richmon (I like both a lot)

but sliding Boling (I think that's who it was) to OLT looked better than Ogbuhei who can go and we get

a comp pick in the draft.  He was a first rounder so that is something.

My wish list for the first pick:

Williams

McGlinchey

Nelson

Price

in that order. I'd also be willing to trade up from round 2 for another top O-linemen if value is there. We should also go after a couple of vets in free agency. We need 4 new starters (along with new coaches).

20 minutes ago, AR15BLACK&ORANGE said:

I am brand new here just curious with tge last 2 meaningless W's where do we go in draft?  Any Chance on Baker Mayfield? 

We are picking 12.  With Marvin back I don't think we take him (for which I am thankful).

On 1/1/2018 at 9:05 AM, High School Harry said:

How about drafting the Ohio State Center in round one?

If we can trade down a few slots and get him, so much the better.

OL position of need and perhaps more drafting too high than a reach (the Bengals usual)

but a solid if unspectacular pick.

Keep Bodine as a Guard and back up Center if the price is right.

This would make us heavy at guard with Hopkins, Boling, Westerman and Richmon (I like both a lot)

but sliding Boling (I think that's who it was) to OLT looked better than Ogbuhei who can go and we get

a comp pick in the draft.  He was a first rounder so that is something.

Would the Skids forfeit their 2nd (#33) for AJM?  I doubt it, but if they did will Price still be there at that point?

Draft

1. (LT) Mike McGlinchey (Notre Dame)

2a. (C) Billy Price (OSU)

2b. (Best available Safety)

OLine

OC - Price

RG - Redmon

LG - Boling

RT - (Best FA T available)

LT - McGlinchey

Reserves (4 or 5 of):

(Journeyman FA)