Reality and our 2018 O-line

Some will re-sign with their current teams and more will be released, but what names on this tentative OL FA list might interest you as possible upgrades (while in the Brown Family $$$ comfort zone).

Ryan Jensen, G (BAL)
Cyrus Kouandjio, OT (BUF)
Eric Wood, C (BUF)
Trai Turner, G (CAR)
John Greco, G (CLE)
Travis Swanson, C (DET)
Don Barclay, G (GB)
Corey Linsley, C (GB)
Lane Taylor, G (GB)
Chris Clark, OT (HOU)
Xavier Su'a-Filo, G (HOU)
Jack Mewhort, G (IND)
Brandon Linder, C (JAX)
Patrick Omameh, G (JAX)
Zach Fulton, G (KC)
Matt Slauson, C (LA)
Joe Berger, C (MIN)
Nate Solder, OT (NE)
D.J. Fluker, G (NYG)
Justin Pugh, G (NYG)
Weston Richburg, C (NYG)
Gabe Jackson, G (OAK)
Donald Penn, OT (OAK)
Allen Barbre, G (PHI)
Justin Britt, C (SEA)
Luke Joeckel, G (SEA)
Kevin Pamphile, G (TB)
Evan Smith, G (TB)
Josh Kline, G (TEN)
Shawn Lauavo, G (WAS)
Spencer Long, C (WAS)
Morgan Moses, OT (WAS)

15 hours ago, snarkster said:

There should be 3 or 4 comp picks (including a couple of premium 3rd/4th rounders)

BTW, NO Hue or existing staffers - fresh start!

Just an FYI you can't get a 3rd rounder for Whit since he's a 10+ year vet, so we're only looking at one 3rd round comp this year (Zeitler).

To the bold, I'm in agreement with that, it would be nice to see a lot of new faces around for a re-build of the coaching staff.

15 hours ago, snarkster said:

Not saying he's the problem, but never been as enamored of him as many, so I'm not sure he's the answer either.  Not sure there are any LT's out there that anyone would sacrifice for him, but it's one of the options I'd consider.  If the new staff sees a QB in the draft they want to grow with and I can fill the LT canyon, I'd do it while McCarron is here to allow him to grow at his own pace without being thrown to the wolves.  I'm not sure there's a top-ten worthy LT out there, so I'm willing to look at all options (that's how desperate I am to see them fill LT).

The issue is like I've previously outlined in this thread, there's a 0% chance there's a trade available that involves Andy for a starting caliber LT. There's really no reason to entertain a possibility that isn't even there. I'm not in love with Andy and I know we need a LT, but it's not happening.

1. No team is trading their starting, most important blocker to obtain a QB.

2. No team that needs a QB has multiple starting caliber LTs on their roster.

3. We aren't trading Andy Dalton in general, let alone in a player-for-player trade. If we did trade him I'd imagine it would be for high picks to try to obtain our next QB.

4. Any team that NEEDS a QB will already be in a good position to draft one in the upcoming draft. Jacksonville might be the only good team in the league without a good QB and without good draft position.

5. If you don't think very highly of a 30 year old Andy, what makes you think we're going to get a good return for him? I thought he wasn't good? Why would a team pay out a starting LT for a not so good QB? I don't understand your logic there. Andy isn't good enough for us to keep, but some team is going to give us their LT for him? Uhhhhhhhh?

Archived