The biggest relocation leverage that teams used against their cities was moving to LA.  That leverage is now gone.

With Oakland and San Diego balking financing new stadiums (at least stadiums the owners want) it seems public financing is harder to get.

The Raiders paid $350 million to relocate.  Kroenke paid the league $550 million to move the Rams.  I believe that money is split between the owners.  Does anyone believe that Mike Brown will pay $300 million+  to relocate?

I can see the Brown Family Trust selling the team before moving the team.

1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

The biggest relocation leverage that teams used against their cities was moving to LA.  That leverage is now gone.

With Oakland and San Diego balking financing new stadiums (at least stadiums the owners want) it seems public financing is harder to get.

The Raiders paid $350 million to relocate.  Kroenke paid the league $550 million to move the Rams.  I believe that money is split between the owners.  Does anyone believe that Mike Brown will pay $300 million+  to relocate?

I can see the Brown Family Trust selling the team before moving the team.

The $350 million from the Raiders is over 10 years.  If the town gives Mikey Boy an enormous stadium like in LV you bet he would pay it.

Archived