Marvin Lewis Poll

Marvin Lewis  

38 members have voted

1. 1. If Marvin Lewis is the coach in 2018 I will....

• Celebrate
    • Meh.
    • Be mad but deal with it.
    • Stop watching until he's gone.
    • Find another team to root for
    • Quit the NFL

I saw an interview with Boomer this morning and he seems to think Marvin will retire at the end of the season. I will say this though. If at the end of the season Marvin goes to Mike Brown and is like "give me one more shot", MB will TOTALLY oblige. That is how much I believe he hates change.

With all that being said, I will be insanely pissed off if that happens. But what am I going to do? The Bengals are my team, I'll always watch em until they are eliminated from contention.

How I feel depends upon how much power Marvin has.

Is it his idea to keep the same shitty line coaches? If so, bye then.

Was it his decision to let go Whit and KZ and keep our 5 wide revolving door as an O-line? If so, bye then.

With last years o-line this team could be 6-4 easily. Then the D wont kill themselves and get frustrated. AJ doesn't throw a dude to the turf. After all, this Marvin ran this team to 5 straight 10+ win seasons. If we credit him that, we have to accept that you can't keep polishing turds and it's not his fault. But if he wanted to get rid of Whit/KZ, if he loves our position coaches, then he's a muppet and should stick to drafting.

2 hours ago, VonBlade said:

How I feel depends upon how much power Marvin has.

Is it his idea to keep the same shitty line coaches? If so, bye then.

Was it his decision to let go Whit and KZ and keep our 5 wide revolving door as an O-line? If so, bye then.

With last years o-line this team could be 6-4 easily. Then the D wont kill themselves and get frustrated. AJ doesn't throw a dude to the turf. After all, this Marvin ran this team to 5 straight 10+ win seasons. If we credit him that, we have to accept that you can't keep polishing turds and it's not his fault. But if he wanted to get rid of Whit/KZ, if he loves our position coaches, then he's a muppet and should stick to drafting.

10000% agree...How Alexander still has a job is incredible

I can't stress enough how little I trust the Brown family to pick a new coach. And a new coach doesn't come with more scouts, doesn't get rid of Paul Alexander... Most reports have the Bengals just promoting Paulie Gunther. I don't see anything getting better in that situation.

As VonBlade says, it's about how much power Marvin has. If this is anything like 2011, he might be the one refusing to re-sign because he knows the Brown family isn't giving him a winning team to work with. 

Be upset but deal with it.

My connection with the Bengals is like family.  I am a Bengal fan because I was born and raised as a Bengal fan.  I don't abandon my family when they make mistakes.  I will call them out on their mistakes, but they are still my family.  I can't just choose to be a fan of another team. 

I'll maybe check to see if the Bengals won Sunday night or Monday morning. Almost where I'm at now. Can't believe how long this has gone on. Hire somebody, anybody, who'll actually be more than a coordinator on Sunday and coach. Someone who'll calculate when to start adjusting the game plan based on time remaining, the score, etc. How many times over the last ten plus years did we have to watch Roethlisberger convert on third and long by scrambling like a madman and hitting a receiver who was also scrambling to get open, while our QB almost always dumped it out of bounds while the receivers stood watching. Seemingly zero coaching for broken plays or nothing left to lose situations. When's the last time the offense rushed to to the line to run a play because it was very advantageous to do so, like if a bad call went our way and we didn't want it reviewed.  These are the intangibles that have been driving me crazy for years.

14 minutes ago, A Rock said:

I'll maybe check to see if the Bengals won Sunday night or Monday morning. Almost where I'm at now. Can't believe how long this has gone on. Hire somebody, anybody, who'll actually be more than a coordinator on Sunday and coach. Someone who'll calculate when to start adjusting the game plan based on time remaining, the score, etc. How many times over the last ten plus years did we have to watch Roethlisberger convert on third and long by scrambling like a madman and hitting a receiver who was also scrambling to get open, while our QB almost always dumped it out of bounds while the receivers stood watching. Seemingly zero coaching for broken plays or nothing left to lose situations. When's the last time the offense rushed to to the line to run a play because it was very advantageous to do so, like if a bad call went our way and we didn't want it reviewed.  These are the intangibles that have been driving me crazy for years.

he is so bad I remember once when a play helped the Bengals..not only did they not try to hurry and run a play, ole marv called a time out giving the refs time to look at it and change it...  You can make that shit up..

I can't remember what the play was, but I remember it happening... I was never so pissed about something

12 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

he is so bad I remember once when a play helped the Bengals..not only did they not try to hurry and run a play, ole marv called a time out giving the refs time to look at it and change it...  You can make that shit up..

I can't remember what the play was, but I remember it happening... I was never so pissed about something

Yea, that does ring a bell for me flu.

Archived