TvGGHQG.gif

Gooder:  Than they've looked so far this season or at least since @ GB 

Bad:  Injuries? I thought Burfict looked good @ MLB, otherwise I think we may have some depth there.

Ugly:  More slob football, trying to give the game away, grab-assery etc.

All of the Above (in 4 Minutes halfway through Q1):  Blocked punt, DreSwag's 87 yd INT return from the C4, goal-line fumble, Kroft's TD to bail him out, missed XP from Fat Randy:

(11:17) K.Huber punt is BLOCKED by S.Barrett, Center-C.Harris, RECOVERED by DEN-W.Parks at CIN 29. W.Parks to CIN 29 for no gain
(C.Fejedelem).
4-6-CIN 34
Denver Broncos at 11:11
1-10-CIN 29 (11:11) (Shotgun) B.Osweiler pass incomplete deep left to D. Thomas.
2-10-CIN 29 (11:06) C.Anderson right tackle to CIN 23 for 6 yards (C.Smith, G.Iloka).
3-4-CIN 23 (10:28) (Shotgun) B.Osweiler scrambles right tackle ran ob at CIN 11 for 12 yards (D.Kirkpatrick). R1
1-10-CIN 11 (9:57) (Shotgun) D.Booker left tackle to CIN 11 for no gain (V.Burfict).
2-10-CIN 11 (9:20) D.Booker up the middle to CIN 4 for 7 yards (V.Rey).
(8:41) (Shotgun) B.Osweiler pass short right intended for C.Latimer INTERCEPTED by D.Kirkpatrick [C.Dunlap] at CIN -2. D.Kirkpatrick to
DEN 15 for 87 yards. FUMBLES, and recovers at DEN 1. D.Kirkpatrick to DEN 1 for no gain (E.Sanders).
3-3-CIN 4
Cincinnati Bengals at 8:23
1-1-DEN 1 (8:23) J.Mixon left tackle to DEN 1 for no gain (W.Parks; T.Davis).
2-1-DEN 1 (7:50) J.Mixon left tackle to DEN 1 for no gain (W.Parks).
3-1-DEN 1 (7:11) A.Dalton pass short left to T.Kroft for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN. P1
R.Bullock extra point is No Good, Wide Left, Center-C.Harris, Holder-K.Huber

In hindsight I'd say this was the game in a nutshell.  If not the season.

Good:  

We got the W

The offensive line wasn't great, but that may have been the best they played all year

Burfict -- he had been terrible the past few weeks at MLB

Dunlap played well 

Marvin -- had the team ready to play and they haven't given up on the season

Bad:

The offense -- especially the running game

Ugly:

Fat Randy -- here we go again with the PATs

22 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

Marvin -- had the team ready to play and they haven't given up on the season

Don't agree (respectfully)

If they were so well prepared why did they have more cramps than an all girls' school during Mother Nature Week?

Kirkpatrick turning a 100 yard interception return into perhaps the top WTF? moment of the season.

Lawson lining up offsides not once, but twice.

I really looked for them to give it away at the end.

Maybe The Good could be it is now possible Vance Joseph becomes a candidate to replace Marvin.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Don't agree (respectfully)

If they were so well prepared why did they have more cramps than an all girls' school during Mother Nature Week?

Kirkpatrick turning a 100 yard interception return into perhaps the top WTF? moment of the season.

Lawson lining up offsides not once, but twice.

I really looked for them to give it away at the end.

Maybe The Good could be it is now possible Vance Joseph becomes a candidate to replace Marvin.

Yep, 10 games in and we are still doing week 1 shit. The scary thing is the AFC is so terrible, we still have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs and earning the right to either lose to an equally shitty AFC team in the wildcard or possibly advance and be obliterated by New England or god forbid, Pittspuke. 

5 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Not sure how Marvin can call out Ross but not anyone in this god awful oline. 

They are one of if not the worst units in the entire NFL. 

Yeah, I simply do not get why its Ross.  He can't be THAT stupid.  Jerome Simpson and any number of others were not rocket scientists (not counting North Korean. which they may equal) but they played.  Seems like just the threat of his speed would make he at least a better decoy than Malone or Ericson or Core at that position.  In his first year even David Verser had six receptions, two TDs and one a 73 yarder.  Why a healthy John Ross is inactive baffles the heck out of me.

52 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

...Jerome Simpson and any number of others were not rocket scientists (not counting North Korean. which they may equal) but they played. ...

I seem to recall Jerome having great difficulty getting on the gameday roster for his first few years.

6 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Lawson lining up offsides not once, but twice... 

Besides the olines run offense I think that covers it.   I was hoping we could have run up the score a bit.  Possibly provide us with Vance next season... 

1 minute ago, fredtoast said:

And Carson Palmer was yhe #1 pick.

Remind me again how much he played as a rookie.

Marvin's first brilliant move was not playing Carson at all as a rookie. Just arrogant. 1 entire year of development wasted.

Archived