2017 Play off Picture

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

He looks just like Jeremy Hill did his first year. Sure, he will probably be a good back but he isn't Leonard Fournette or a guy like Todd Gurley as a rookie.  2.9 yards per carry is what it is. If you are an elite runner, you do better than that.

Mixon and Hill don't look like similar backs to me at all. Mixon seems more willing to be patient, look for blocks to develop, change direction. Hill had holes and hit them, north-south, decisively. Jeremy's never been a receiving threat out of the backfield and Mixon already looks to be a more willing blocker in pass protection.

I mean, maybe I'm crazy, but these are things I think I am seeing and that tend to differentiate Mixon from anyone else on the roster.

5 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Mixon and Hill don't look like similar backs to me at all. Mixon seems more willing to be patient, look for blocks to develop, change direction. Hill had holes and hit them, north-south, decisively. Jeremy's never been a receiving threat out of the backfield and Mixon already looks to be a more willing blocker in pass protection.

I mean, maybe I'm crazy, but these are things I think I am seeing and that tend to differentiate Mixon from anyone else on the roster.

you're not wrong kid.. Mixon does all of those things you are saying better than Hill ever did.. Hill was just running behind a much better line his rookie year.

Barry Sanders couldn't run behind this line... when you receive the ball and two defenders at the exact same time...it's not easy...

and if Joe wouldn't have punched that girl in the face he would have been picked up there were those guys were.

BTW.. Gurley avg 3.2 yards per carry last year..but I guess that is better than 2.9 so he's still elite.

5 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

you're not wrong kid.. Mixon does all of those things you are saying better than Hill ever did.. Hill was just running behind a much better line his rookie year.

Barry Sanders couldn't run behind this line... when you receive the ball and two defenders at the exact same time...it's not easy...

and if Joe wouldn't have punched that girl in the face he would have been picked up there were those guys were.

BTW.. Gurley avg 3.2 yards per carry last year..but I guess that is better than 2.9 so he's still elite.

Good to know I'm not just crazy or seeing stuff through rose colored glasses...

This year, more than ever before, I feel like I am seeing everything through crimson colored lenses. What a shitty, shitty experience it has been watching this underachieving pile of drivel, week after week.

On 11/20/2017 at 10:49 AM, turningpoint said:

Bengals are currently 1 game out of the playoffs, if they had beaten the titans last Sunday they would be in 6th place wildcard position.

Unfortunately ravens and titans are ahead of them and would win tiebreakers.

But we only need to pass one, and we still have a game against the Ratbirds on our schedule.  Anything can happen.

27 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Gurley  averaged 4.8 as a rookie behind one of the worst offensive lines in football and I never said he was elite, just a better running back as a rookie than Mixon.   Mixon will be a decent back, I never said he would suck or anything.  I think Bernard is better to be honest. 

25 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

But we only need to pass one, and we still have a game against the Ratbirds on our schedule.  Anything can happen.

Titans have a tough remaining schedule and I think they fall to 7-9 in the end.

Bengals making the playoffs will come down the Lions.

Can the bengals beat them and can the lions beat the ravens, I think if those 2 things happen bengals can possibly punch their ticket with an 8-8 season. Texans also need to finish 7-9 another loss that stings.

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

You seem to think MY BAR is winning a playoff game against a shitty AFC Wildcard team.  Sorry to burst your bubble but I actually want our team to be GOOD and able to compete against the best teams in the league.  We are NOWHERE near good. We would get run off the field by the top 8 teams in the league. 

I understand, but I truly believe that we have a shot at the wildcard and that we can make some adjustments and we might just be better than we think.  I know I am sounding 100% Homer right now, but sometimes, things click at the right time.  Optimistic yes, sure, but OUR BAR should be playoff game since we have not won a playoff game in years.  Are we good enough to win it all, I have eyes, but I also have hope until we are out I am still hopeful lol..

Honestly I call this season a massive success if we make it to the playoffs and win a game. We'll either be playing the chiefs or the Jaguars, both winnable games and we'll be coming in with that nothing to lose mentality.

Now sure will be get by NE in the 2nd round? Probably not but you never know at least we fuckin got there! Something this entire fan base has been begging to see for over 25 years. Fuck next year let's go win a playoff game get the damn monkey off our back.

Pick #24 and a playoff win >>>>>>>>>>Pick #10 

4 hours ago, turningpoint said:

Honestly I call this season a massive success if we make it to the playoffs and win a game. We'll either be playing the chiefs or the Jaguars, both winnable games and we'll be coming in with that nothing to lose mentality.

Now sure will be get by NE in the 2nd round? Probably not but you never know at least we fuckin got there! Something this entire fan base has been begging to see for over 25 years. Fuck next year let's go win a playoff game get the damn monkey off our back.

HELL YEAH!

7 hours ago, turningpoint said:

I'm with that.  We've drafted for shit in the top 10 lately anyway, and it's always a crapshoot.  This team has a hard enough time winning, in fact if they approached every game with a consistent effort, not even "WC game vs Shitsburgh" intensity but a standard level of focus and so on..   That's the difference in playing at home in the postseason.  Do that and they probably have a playoff win by now.  And we want them to dial it down? :33:  Good day to you sir.

Are people seriously talking about making the playoffs and winning a game? lmfao

I hate being so negative but we actually just suck this year. It's crazy how beating a couple of really, really, really shitty teams can make people go from thinking we're picking top 5 in the draft to having a chance of winning a playoff game. Yikes.

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

Are people seriously talking about making the playoffs and winning a game? lmfao

The Browns are also still in the playoff hunt.  That means the stakes are really high this week in a game between playoff contenders.

2 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

I hate being so negative but we actually just suck this year. It's crazy how beating a couple of really, really, really shitty teams can make people go from thinking we're picking top 5 in the draft to having a chance of winning a playoff game. Yikes.

There's a huge chance we can win a playoff game, if we get into the playoffs. I wont count this team out until their out of it. Have a good one.

1 hour ago, turningpoint said:

There's a huge chance we can win a playoff game, if we get into the playoffs. I wont count this team out until their out of it. Have a good one.

Not trying to be glib or pick a fight, just curious what gives you reason to think there's a "huge chance" we can make the playoffs and actually win a game? 

Is it simply a matter of worse-than-usual competition in the conference? Because, this is the worst playoff "contender" Marvin Lewis has coached yet, I think. 

3 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

Not trying to be glib or pick a fight, just curious what gives you reason to think there's a "huge chance" we can make the playoffs and actually win a game? 

Is it simply a matter of worse-than-usual competition in the conference? Because, this is the worst playoff "contender" Marvin Lewis has coached yet, I think. 

That's where I'm at. This isn't a good team. We can only beat the absolute worst teams in the league it seems. When we play anyone decent we get shut out or have like 150 yards of total offense, no sacks, few turnovers, no big ST plays, etc.

I'm glad people can be this positive, but I have a feeling everyone will be super down again within the next 2 or 3 weeks. Back to reality we shall go!

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

That's where I'm at. This isn't a good team. We can only beat the absolute worst teams in the league it seems. When we play anyone decent we get shut out or have like 150 yards of total offense, no sacks, few turnovers, no big ST plays, etc.

I'm glad people can be this positive, but I have a feeling everyone will be super down again within the next 2 or 3 weeks. Back to reality we shall go!

See I think we are a Great team, but we are not playing like a great team.  There is a difference, we are going to have to make adjustments as we go this year, but we have a good solid chance, to make the playoffs and win this year.  We have so many skilled players and our defense is really on point, if the offense would not continuously go 3 up 3 down constantly.  

52 minutes ago, Marlon23 said:

See I think we are a Great team, but we are not playing like a great team.  There is a difference, we are going to have to make adjustments as we go this year, but we have a good solid chance, to make the playoffs and win this year.  We have so many skilled players and our defense is really on point, if the offense would not continuously go 3 up 3 down constantly.  

TCwvMmY.jpg

12 minutes ago, Marlon23 said:

hahaha !!!  

dude.. I fucking love this team too... but we are far from a great team....that's laughable

If they would SOMEHOW  sneak in to the playoffs.. I could maybe see them beating one of the the shitty teams that isn't NE or the stealers (yea..everyone else sucks) 

but you can't act like the Bengals are good or something.... 

and with ole marv at the helm... I really expect nothing....it wouldn't shock me to lose to the fucking clowns this week 

Archived