2017 Play off Picture

7 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

the way I see it.... to some on here..

the Bengals have now played 5 games that didn't matter and 6 that they shit to bed and they are the worst team ever... right?

No.

But they are going to win enough games to keep Marvin and draft in a position to get the

next Ogbuhei or Ross.

1 hour ago, thezerawkid said:

Not so much until you called me “cute.” How’s a body supposed to respond to that?

If you get all hot and bothered* when someone calls one of your comments "cute", you're going to have a rough time on here, on the internet in general, and probably life in general at that.

*please don't go apeshit for me calling you hot and bothered. Thx breh

10 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Cleveland has the #10 defense in the NFL.

I have never seen anyone work so hard to shit on the Bengals as you do SF2.  When the facts don't support your argument then you just go to "pretend" mode.

Seriously man, it is possible to be critical of the Bewngals without going through the mental gymnastics you do to prove that EVERY facet of the team is the worst in the league.

You actually gety upset when they do something good.  That is just sad.

Is their defense the 10th best in the league though? Like if you watch them perform and watch the other teams perform, are they actually better at playing football than 22 others? I personally don't think so. Stats can be useful, stats can tell you a lot of things, but the Cleveland Browns certainly do NOT have a defense that plays the 10th best football in the current NFL. There's just no way that it's possible.

However, they held Mixon and our other RBs to very poor yardage and YPC earlier in the season, so this is absolutely progress right here. The run blocking was improved as well as Mixon's vision as a ballcarrier. I'm glad they did what they should have against a shit tier football team, but I don't think anyone is wrong in wanting to see this happen in more than ONE game out of this entire season before crowning Joe, CedO, and company as the future of the Bengals.

Also, other than the game earlier this year, we've run the ball exceptionally well against Cleveland at a rate that doesn't compare to what we've done against other teams. So just another reason to proceed with a cautious approach until they do it against a team that should actually be in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

No.

But they are going to win enough games to keep Marvin and draft in a position to get the

next Ogbuhei or Ross.

I hope we can at least draft the next Eifert so we can have a few years of "but man, what if!!!!!" instead of a few years of "god this guy fucking sucks at playing NFL football!"

19 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

No.

next Ogbuhei or Ross.

I agree and that part sucks..

I just like to kind of enjoy a win a little bit once in a while... we don't get that many

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

Cleveland has the #10 defense in the NFL.

I have never seen anyone work so hard to shit on the Bengals as you do SF2.  When the facts don't support your argument then you just go to "pretend" mode.

Seriously man, it is possible to be critical of the Bewngals without going through the mental gymnastics you do to prove that EVERY facet of the team is the worst in the league.

You actually gety upset when they do something good.  That is just sad.

No, I specifically said we beat a very bad team which is exactly what we were supposed to do.  I also said one game against a BAD BAD team proves nothing but it is a win none the less.   Keep in mind in the previous 3 games we rushed for 29 against Jax, 53 against the Titans and 49 against Denver.   I am truly sorry if 1 good day rushing against a winless team didn't inspire me particularly after 7 straight games of not breaking 90 total yards rushing.  

I also said previously that we had a chance to win 3 in a row against Tenn, Denver and Cleveland because two of the teams sucked and I wasn't sold on Tennessee.  We won 2 out of the 3 which is pretty good.  Again, Marvin has always done well against bad teams. 

As far as shitting on the Bengals, the organization deserves to be shit on. We came into the season COMPLETELY unprepared to protect our franchise QB and play at a level that would place us in a position to make a playoff run. 15 years as the head coach with a veteran QB returning for his 7th season (should be in his prime) and this is where we are.  John Ross a healthy scratch?? Fucking brilliant. 

Last playoff win, Jan 6, 1991,.. a generation and a half ago. I listened to that game on top of an M1 Tank on the Iraq/Saudi border.  My 22 year old daughter was still 3 years away from being born.  There were 28 teams in the NFL, the Phoenix Cardinals were in last place.  The Baltimore Ravens played in Cleveland.  The first Bush was still President.  There is NO excuse for this organization with a 15 year veteran coach to be where it is. 

You defend them.  You are the one who is doing the mental gymnastics. We are an average team in an AWFUL conference, nothing more.  We are not the worst team in the NFL  by any stretch be we are closer to the bottom than top. 

However, if Mixon and company can at least hang with the second best team in the AFC next Monday night, I might start believing but until then I will remain a skeptic.  Sorry, been down  the "almost" road way too many times.  We excel at almost being good enough. 

With everybody discussing the OL and rightfully so since it is a hot topic, did anybody notice how shitty the defense looked? It doesn't matter if the OL holds up against the cocksuckers next Monday if the D keeps playing like that.

2 minutes ago, Hooky said:

With everybody discussing the OL and rightfully so since it is a hot topic, did anybody notice how shitty the defense looked? It doesn't matter if the OL holds up against the cocksuckers next Monday if the D keeps playing like that.

How we play at home against the #7 offense and #4 defense in Primetime should answer every question about the 2017 version of the  Bengals.   Even a hard fought well played loss would be a good sign in my opinion. 

14 minutes ago, Hooky said:

I think it has a lot to do with Injuries at CB, nice to see shaw and dennard getting PT, but we need WJ3 and captkirk in there at all times. I really hope WJ3 makes a fool out of AB84, but this also mean we can't let Eli Rogers burn us again.

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

How we play at home against the #7 offense and #4 defense in Primetime should answer every question about the 2017 version of the  Bengals.   Even a hard fought well played loss would be a good sign in my opinion. 

Unfortunately, I think most fans are already writing it off and hoping for a moral victory and try to win the last 4. Realistically and reluctantly, I'd have to include myself. My son is going and has an amazing record at PBS, so who knows.

2 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Unfortunately, I think most fans are already writing it off and hoping for a moral victory and try to win the last 4. Realistically and reluctantly, I'd have to include myself. My son is going and has an amazing record at PBS, so who knows.

I am actually more worried about the Vikings on the road.  Scary team and their coach knows too much.  He must be eliminated. 

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

I hope we can at least draft the next Eifert so we can have a few years of "but man, what if!!!!!" instead of a few years of "god this guy fucking sucks at playing NFL football!"

You don't understand Harry.  He actually gets upset when the Bengals have success with a first round pick.  He has blocked A J Green from his memory and is praying for another Ogbuehi.

56 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I am truly sorry if 1 good day rushing against a winless team didn't inspire me particularly after 7 straight games of not breaking 90 total yards rushing.

No.. You are not sorry at all.  This is not about what "inspires" you.  It is about acknowledging that the Bengals did something positive.

coming into Sunday's game the Browns defense was allowing only 91.7 yards per game (6th in league) and 3.1 yards per carry (FIRST in the league).  Yet when we bust them for over 150 rushing yards and a 5.1 average you start going through some amazing mental gymnastics about how their run defense really sucks instead of acknowledging that the Bengals just did something positive.

"Derp.  The Browns rush defense really sucks because so many teams run against them to protect a lead."

"But if teams were running against them all the time doesn't that mean the run defense should be lower instead of higher"

"Derp.  The Browns defense just runs 8 man fronts because they know the other team is going to run every play."

"But the Bengals averaged over 5 yards per carry against a team that was ranked #1 in the league in lowest average allowed per carry."

"Yeah, but...but...but...1991....Mike Brown....Marvin Lewis...Bengals suck...Therefore 5 yards per carry sucks compared to 3.1 yards per carry...Derp"

3 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

If you get all hot and bothered* when someone calls one of your comments "cute", you're going to have a rough time on here, on the internet in general, and probably life in general at that.

*please don't go apeshit for me calling you hot and bothered. Thx breh

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m fine, never felt “hot and bothered.” I just know, from years of experience, on Bengals message boards, the internet, and life in general, when you wanna make a point and you’re discussing something with someone who is plainly glib, there’s no point in looking for the high road. It likely doesn’t exist. So, you might as well come heavy with your point. If traditional rules of discourse and decorum are generally not observed, what’s the point in pussyfooting around, ya know?

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

No.. You are not sorry at all.  This is not about what "inspires" you.  It is about acknowledging that the Bengals did something positive.

coming into Sunday's game the Browns defense was allowing only 91.7 yards per game (6th in league) and 3.1 yards per carry (FIRST in the league).  Yet when we bust them for over 150 rushing yards and a 5.1 average you start going through some amazing mental gymnastics about how their run defense really sucks instead of acknowledging that the Bengals just did something positive.

"Derp.  The Browns rush defense really sucks because so many teams run against them to protect a lead."

"But if teams were running against them all the time doesn't that mean the run defense should be lower instead of higher"

"Derp.  The Browns defense just runs 8 man fronts because they know the other team is going to run every play."

"But the Bengals averaged over 5 yards per carry against a team that was ranked #1 in the league in lowest average allowed per carry."

"Yeah, but...but...but...1991....Mike Brown....Marvin Lewis...Bengals suck...Therefore 5 yards per carry sucks compared to 3.1 yards per carry...Derp"

I have already said the offensive line has been playing better. Maybe you should try reading.  I never said any of the other shit other than alluding to the fact that Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis have both failed at doing what they are supposed to do:  Win playoff games and Championships.  Everyone in the world besides you knows this.   Nobody besides you thinks beating the fucking Browns is an achievement. 

I wish my bar was set as low as your's Fred, watching the games would be more enjoyable not expecting or caring about post season success. 

Andy Dalton has lots of yards the last 7 years DERP.

Andy Dalton has lots of TDs the last 7 years DERP 

We beat the Browns,..DERP.

Marvin is better than Dave Shula, Coslet and LeBeau,..DERP 

We won the NIT DERP.

1 hour ago, Marlon23 said:

Bengals like I have been saying are going to hit their stride at the right time and like I said Mixon is going to step it up, this season is now turning around for orange and black.  WHO DEY!!!

Not to be a Debbie Downer , but I'm not ready to believe that unless they lay it on the Stealers next week.

26 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Not to be a Debbie Downer , but I'm not ready to believe that unless they lay it on the Stealers next week.

I have been saying for a while, now.  I am not being a Homer, but we have a lot of talent on this team and I think we will be hitting our stride now.  I also said Mixon, once he has the taste of running wild, will be doing more often and he just had his taste of it yesterday.  WHO DEY!!  Get ready for the playoffs.  lol. 

22 hours ago, Marlon23 said:

Bengals like I have been saying are going to hit their stride at the right time and like I said Mixon is going to step it up, this season is now turning around for orange and black.  WHO DEY!!!

they didn't hit anything Sunday - they beat a team they should have beat and gave up 405 Total yards, 169 yards on the ground! The average brown play went for 6 yards we scrapped by.

17 minutes ago, mhfinks said:

they didn't hit anything Sunday - they beat a team they should have beat and gave up 405 Total yards, 169 yards on the ground! The average brown play went for 6 yards we scrapped by.

It was a big game though. Cleveland was still in the playoff hunt going in. :biggrin:

IF the Bengals manage to beat the Stealers Monday night, Baltimore is who were chasing, and they have a cakewalk of a schedule.

The Bengals realistically have to win out and beat Baltimore in week 17. IF that happens, it'll be better than previous years where we've started strong and backed in to the playoffs... But it's also one hell of a longshot.

3 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

IF the Bengals manage to beat the Stealers Monday night, Baltimore is who were chasing, and they have a cakewalk of a schedule.

The Bengals realistically have to win out and beat Baltimore in week 17. IF that happens, it'll be better than previous years where we've started strong and backed in to the playoffs... But it's also one hell of a longshot.

I agree - one Hell of a long shot! Assume we lose only to the Stealers and so does Baltimore the following week and we beat Baltimore in week 17 - they still go and we sit at home. We must win out or hope Baltimore loses to Cleveland or the Colts or the Lions - and we would have to beat Minn. - Long Shot at best

Archived