2017 Play off Picture

56 minutes ago, mhfinks said:

they didn't hit anything Sunday - they beat a team they should have beat and gave up 405 Total yards, 169 yards on the ground! The average brown play went for 6 yards we scrapped by.

We scored every time we had the ball and out gained the Browns 267 to 190 while building a 23-6 lead (and 75 of the Browns 190 yards came a against a prevent defense in the final 2 minutes of the first half).  That is not "scraping by".

4 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

We scored every time we had the ball and out gained the Browns 267 to 190 while building a 23-6 lead (and 75 of the Browns 190 yards came a against a prevent defense in the final 2 minutes of the first half).  That is not "scraping by".

We beat a win less team and they were running the ball on us like mad - We got Bell coming - seriously? OK

3 hours ago, mhfinks said:

they didn't hit anything Sunday - they beat a team they should have beat and gave up 405 Total yards, 169 yards on the ground! The average brown play went for 6 yards we scrapped by.

Like I have been saying they will hit their stride doesn't mean I am only referencing Sunday, there is too much talent on this team for them to keep playing the way they have.  

Just now, Marlon23 said:

Like I have been saying they will hit their stride doesn't mean I am only referencing Sunday, there is too much talent on this team for them to keep playing the way they have.  

I agree on the talent thing completely, I am just crossing my fingers for a HUGE win on Monday night. My point was we have to do better against the RUN!

11 hours ago, Marlon23 said:

I think you have the wrong sport football players do not where skats and do not play on ice water, they wear Cletus and play on sod. SHEESH!!  GET A CLUE. 

71e4fb590d54ada2b65302ca3a9bd9b4.jpg

Ain't nobody wearing me boy except Miss Daisy.

ESPN'S Playoff Machine is back.  You can go in, pick winners for all 80 remaining regular season games, and see who makes the playoffs:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

(1) If you set it to give a win to every team based on defensive rank, a 5-0 finish for Cincinnati gets them into the playoffs.

(2) The Bengals could afford to lose once - to CHI, MIN or DET - and still make the playoffs as the #6 seed.  But lose to PIT or BAL in this scenario and we're out.

(3) If you set it to give wins based on OFFENSIVE rank, a 5-0 finish OR a 4-1 finish (NFC loss) gets the #5 seed.  4-1 finish (AFC loss) gets #6

(4) Same result as (3) if better current record is used to pick winners - though you have to manually go in and resolve ties... I picked home team for each tie.

39 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Bengals win out and they are fine....  not saying they are going to, but they only need to help themselves... 

Not true.  Dick with that ESPN thing Amish posted above and see for yourself. I've got us winning out right now & we still need the Ratbirds to lose a 2nd game besides ours. 

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Not true.  Dick with that ESPN thing Amish posted above and see for yourself. I've got us winning out right now & we still need the Ratbirds to lose a 2nd game besides ours. 

Well, they have the Lions and @Pittsburgh, it’s conceivable.

It’d be awesome if the Browns found a way to pick them off.

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I am just saying everyone ahead of them isn't going to win out too.. If the Bengals win all of their games..they will be in the playoffs.

The rats will lose to the stealers..hell they will probably lose to the Lions this week..

12 hours ago, fluhartz said:

I am just saying everyone ahead of them isn't going to win out too..

Ah, I see.  The more I fiddled with the scenarios the more it seems like it's going to be us or Baltimore unless one of us falls off completely.  That season finale could be the deciding factor.

Do people really believe this is a playoff team? I feel like most people are broken down realists at this point and know that any run towards or into the playoffs likely just means Marvin is back and we have to go through another year like this. 

I hope they don't make the playoffs and lose more games than win so we can finally start over. 

5 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Do people really believe this is a playoff team? I feel like most people are broken down realists at this point and know that any run towards or into the playoffs likely just means Marvin is back and we have to go through another year like this. 

I hope they don't make the playoffs and lose more games than win so we can finally start over. 

If we make the playoffs we are a playoff team.  Doesn't matter if that's 9-7 or 8-8.  If we're there we "deserve" to be there, simple as that. All the other teams were objectively worse & your fee-fees about it aren't factored into the tiebreakers.

Also,

1. I don't think the record is the deciding factor on Marvin Lewis one way or the other.  Didn't he get an extension at 4-12?
  2. You want them to lose for the sake of a few spots in the draft? Why, so we have a chance at another Ross or Ogbuehi? We've made better picks in the 20's
  3. Actively rooting for them to lose is defeatist Debbie Downer lame-o shit. You're no more a "realist" than anyone else. Can you somehow see the future? Otherwise you don't know whether "reality" is 10-6 or 5-11 so quit acting like you do or make with the points spreads.

Archived