2017 Play off Picture

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

If we make the playoffs we are a playoff team.  Doesn't matter if that's 9-7 or 8-8.  If we're there we "deserve" to be there, simple as that. All the other teams were objectively worse & your fee-fees about it aren't factored into the tiebreakers.

Also,

1. I don't think the record is the deciding factor on Marvin Lewis one way or the other.  Didn't he get an extension at 4-12?
  2. You want them to lose for the sake of a few spots in the draft? Why, so we have a chance at another Ross or Ogbuehi? We've made better picks in the 20's
  3. Actively rooting for them to lose is defeatist Debbie Downer lame-o shit. You're no more a "realist" than anyone else. Can you somehow see the future? Otherwise you don't know whether "reality" is 10-6 or 5-11 so quit acting like you do or make with the points spreads.

You don't think if Marvin makes a run to the playoffs they are more likely to keep him?

2 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

:huh:

Ogbuehi was drafted in the 20's....

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Ok, replace him with Keith Rivers.  

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!

:ninja:

Chris Perry was drafted with the 26th pick in the first round by Marvin Lewis.

Ogbuhei was the 21st pick.

Until I'm proven wrong, it looks like we drafted the Chris Perry of wide receivers with the 9th pick last year.

48 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Chris Perry was drafted with the 26th pick in the first round by Marvin Lewis.

Ogbuhei was the 21st pick.

Until I'm proven wrong, it looks like we drafted the Chris Perry of wide receivers with the 9th pick last year.

I mean, looking more closely at our 1st's under ML, we should only draft DB's in the 20's.  

:lol:

On 12/5/2017 at 1:33 AM, High School Harry said:

moot point now

No it isn't.

Stealers beat the ravens and we win, it's still going to come down to us vs the ravens in week 17 to decide who advances. We can handle the vikings, bears and lions IMO.

Bengals can still get to 9-7 and get in with the 6th seed, need the ravens to lose one more game i guess, so likelyhood of them losing 3 games is slim....but who knows browns might pull something out.

2 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

No it isn't.

Stealers beat the ravens and we win, it's still going to come down to us vs the ravens in week 17 to decide who advances. We can handle the vikings, bears and lions IMO.

Bengals can still get to 9-7 and get in with the 6th seed.

Ravens need two losses and still need to lose to us. if we beat them and we have the same record they get in (they own the tie breaker) The Ravens must lose twice before the final game - I don't see that happening with the browns, colts, or anyone else they are playing to end the season. We can all hold our breath for a hail mary pass that just isn't likely to happen. We needed the win Monday night and did not get it.

11 minutes ago, mhfinks said:

YUP that too!

What's more, none of the 3 have more than one team with a current winning record left on their schedule.  Bills-Pats & Raiders-Eagles.  Chargers don't play anyone better than .500

We're not mathematically eliminated but we are definitely circling the drain here.

Archived