Jump to content

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

 

 

  1. You want them to lose for the sake of a few spots in the draft? Why, so we have a chance at another Ross or Ogbuehi? We've made better picks in the 20's

 

:huh:

 

Ogbuehi was drafted in the 20's....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

:huh:

 

Ogbuehi was drafted in the 20's....

 

Ok, replace him with Keith Rivers.  

 

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!

 

:ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

 

If we make the playoffs we are a playoff team.  Doesn't matter if that's 9-7 or 8-8.  If we're there we "deserve" to be there, simple as that. All the other teams were objectively worse & your fee-fees about it aren't factored into the tiebreakers.

 

Also,

 

  1. I don't think the record is the deciding factor on Marvin Lewis one way or the other.  Didn't he get an extension at 4-12?
  2. You want them to lose for the sake of a few spots in the draft? Why, so we have a chance at another Ross or Ogbuehi? We've made better picks in the 20's
  3. Actively rooting for them to lose is defeatist Debbie Downer lame-o shit. You're no more a "realist" than anyone else. Can you somehow see the future? Otherwise you don't know whether "reality" is 10-6 or 5-11 so quit acting like you do or make with the points spreads.

 

 

You don't think if Marvin makes a run to the playoffs they are more likely to keep him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

:huh:

 

Ogbuehi was drafted in the 20's....

 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

 

Ok, replace him with Keith Rivers.  

 

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!

 

:ninja:

Chris Perry was drafted with the 26th pick in the first round by Marvin Lewis.

Ogbuhei was the 21st pick.

 

Until I'm proven wrong, it looks like we drafted the Chris Perry of wide receivers with the 9th pick last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

You don't think if Marvin makes a run to the playoffs they are more likely to keep him?

 

Actually no, I think that decision has already been made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

 

Chris Perry was drafted with the 26th pick in the first round by Marvin Lewis.

Ogbuhei was the 21st pick.

 

Until I'm proven wrong, it looks like we drafted the Chris Perry of wide receivers with the 9th pick last year.

 

I mean, looking more closely at our 1st's under ML, we should only draft DB's in the 20's.  

 

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

 

Ok, replace him with Keith Rivers.  

 

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!

 

:ninja:

worth a shot.... Rivers might be a better o-lineman...:D

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't root for them to lose unless they're mathematicaly out of it. I don't like Marvin and want the best pick possible, but if they get into the dance who knows....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tzan said:

You don't root for them to lose unless they're mathematicaly out of it. I don't like Marvin and want the best pick possible, but if they get into the dance who knows....

moot point now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2017 at 1:33 AM, High School Harry said:

moot point now

No it isn't.

 

Stealers beat the ravens and we win, it's still going to come down to us vs the ravens in week 17 to decide who advances. We can handle the vikings, bears and lions IMO.

 

Bengals can still get to 9-7 and get in with the 6th seed, need the ravens to lose one more game i guess, so likelyhood of them losing 3 games is slim....but who knows browns might pull something out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

No it isn't.

 

Stealers beat the ravens and we win, it's still going to come down to us vs the ravens in week 17 to decide who advances. We can handle the vikings, bears and lions IMO.

 

Bengals can still get to 9-7 and get in with the 6th seed.

Ravens need two losses and still need to lose to us. if we beat them and we have the same record they get in (they own the tie breaker) The Ravens must lose twice before the final game - I don't see that happening with the browns, colts, or anyone else they are playing to end the season. We can all hold our breath for a hail mary pass that just isn't likely to happen. We needed the win Monday night and did not get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Chargers, Bills, and Raiders are all a game ahead of us at 6-6. 

YUP that too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mhfinks said:

YUP that too!

 

What's more, none of the 3 have more than one team with a current winning record left on their schedule.  Bills-Pats & Raiders-Eagles.  Chargers don't play anyone better than .500

 

We're not mathematically eliminated but we are definitely circling the drain here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Chargers, Bills, and Raiders are all a game ahead of us at 6-6. 

 

I think the raiders, bills and chargers win 1-2 more games max.

 

Only competition at this points is titans and ravens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Go-Bengals.com on Facebook

Go-Bengals.com on Twitter

×