More mental gymnastics to justify a dirty Steeler helmet hit

29 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Holy shit, read the comments.

Someone literally called it "disgusting" that Shaw jumped offsides and then defended Smith-Schuster's hit.....lol?

Jeezus talk about snowflakes.  If he really meant to injure him, you think he's gonna stick his own foot in there like that?  Anyone who has played soccer knows you go in cleats up if you want the kick-*er* to get hurt.  Otherwise you're much more likely to get it.  The Stealers are notorious for complaining publicly about absolutely nothing, we shouldn't be surprised.  Remember a few seasons back when they went 8-8 and some dumbass lineman said - on camera - that the NFL is against them and doesn't want them to make the playoffs?  Remember that?

4 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Jeezus talk about snowflakes.  If he really meant to injure him, you think he's gonna stick his own foot in there like that?  Anyone who has played soccer knows you go in cleats up if you want the kick-*er* to get hurt.  Otherwise you're much more likely to get it.  The Stealers are notorious for complaining publicly about absolutely nothing, we shouldn't be surprised.  Remember a few seasons back when they went 8-8 and some dumbass lineman said - on camera - that the NFL is against them and doesn't want them to make the playoffs?  Remember that?

The Bengals are just turds I tell ya. It dates all the way back to 1983 when Ken Anderson tried to rip off Keith Gary's fingers with his facemask. They are thugs and must be stopped.:rolleyes::huh:. You really don't believe this HPP? Cmon man.

16 minutes ago, schotzee said:

You really don't believe this HPP? Cmon man.

Hmm?  You didn't read this part?

The Stealers are notorious for complaining publicly about absolutely nothing, we shouldn't be surprised

We know they do this, but the kicker coming out and whining about potential toenail damage is pretty hilarious.

5 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Maybe the Stealers and their fans should check the totals of new rules implemented each year bc of their dirty cheap shotting. Compare it to how many changes were caused by Cincy cheap shots and get back to us.

The little montage in the middle of the game was pretty funny to watch.  The announcers failed to truly clarify that yes, the Stealers are the ones committing the infraction on these plays.

(For those that missed the game on TV, they had a little segment about the rule changes incurred just from this "rivalry".  They had Von Cheapshotten, Hines Ward, Shazier, and I think maybe one other?)

Not sure if people saw this gem, Mike Mitchell sounds off (and calls out Andy in the process):

Now, I actually don't totally disagree with his base premise.  I for one would prefer it if the players have to sign a waiver that only the most historically egregious (i.e. spearing) hits will be flagged and they understand the dangers involved in playing tackle football.  If they don't want to risk it, they can pursue other things.  Will it kill football as we know it?  Maybe.  But I enjoy watching that more than the super inconsistent patty-cakes stuff that goes on now.

Now, for Mitchell to use donating to charity in Cincinnati as an example of how he's not a dirty football player, well that's just hilarious.  Nobody said you're pure evil Mike.  We've watched you play your entire career one way, and we know what you do on the field to succeed - hunt heads.  Too bad for you they've taken away your bread and butter.  I suggest you find a different career.

17 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

The little montage in the middle of the game was pretty funny to watch.  The announcers failed to truly clarify that yes, the Stealers are the ones committing the infraction on these plays.

(For those that missed the game on TV, they had a little segment about the rule changes incurred just from this "rivalry".  They had Von Cheapshotten, Hines Ward, Shazier, and I think maybe one other?)

I mentioned this earlier or in another thread and added that Gruden added Porter to the list shortly after. But I was thinking the same thing that they didn't summarize that it was all stealers. Especially since they introduced it as rule changes that stemmed from this rivalry. Which might imply that both teams were responsible for rule changes. And it won't slow down their narrative of how classy the stealers org is. That's why they never spelled it out. Regardless, the stealers are still classy despite league changing dirty shit, having half of their 70s SB players dead from coke and steroids. But they do it right. Them and the pats, who have been caught cheating multiple times. I guess the precedent is set for class organizations.

They are dirty cheating motherfuckers. Always been, always will be. As I mentioned before, another rule change bc of them was for facemasking  when Keith Gary tried to twist Anderson's neck off his shoulders. They're always finding loopholes in said rules and exploiting them. It's been an ongoing pattern.

17 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

Not sure if people saw this gem, Mike Mitchell sounds off (and calls out Andy in the process):

Now, I actually don't totally disagree with his base premise.  I for one would prefer it if the players have to sign a waiver that only the most historically egregious (i.e. spearing) hits will be flagged and they understand the dangers involved in playing tackle football.  If they don't want to risk it, they can pursue other things.  Will it kill football as we know it?  Maybe.  But I enjoy watching that more than the super inconsistent patty-cakes stuff that goes on now.

Now, for Mitchell to use donating to charity in Cincinnati as an example of how he's not a dirty football player, well that's just hilarious.  Nobody said you're pure evil Mike.  We've watched you play your entire career one way, and we know what you do on the field to succeed - hunt heads.  Too bad for you they've taken away your bread and butter.  I suggest you find a different career.

Mike Mitchell can eat a Bowl of Dicks!  The only bad thing about the shazier injury, was that it wasn't Mitchell!

On 12/6/2017 at 1:53 PM, Hooky said:

Then why didn't he? There was nothing stopping him. I guess he knows that the same idiots that say that a bengal injured Shazier will believe this stupidity. Inbred kid from Deliverance looking motherfucker.

Wtf? A Bengal injured Shitzier?  The only Bengal nearby is the one he "helmeted" ( not tackled)

They are all fucking retarded.:wacko:

It's amazing to see the ignorance on display regarding the hit on Burfict.  Blindside blocks like that have been illegal for at least a couple years now.  Add in the taunting of a clearly concussed player and you get a suspension.   Yet Steeler players and fans claim the hit was legal and that he shouldn't be suspended only for the taunting.   Both fouls were announced by the ref for shit sake!  WTF were they watching?  The only consistent part is whining from Pittsburgh regardless of the facts.  They can't stand it when shit doesn't go their way and deny being dirty despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. 

3 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

It's amazing to see the ignorance on display regarding the hit on Burfict.  Blindside blocks like that have been illegal for at least a couple years now.  Add in the taunting of a clearly concussed player and you get a suspension.   Yet Steeler players and fans claim the hit was legal and that he shouldn't be suspended only for the taunting.   Both fouls were announced by the ref for shit sake!  WTF were they watching?  The only consistent part is whining from Pittsburgh regardless of the facts.  They can't stand it when shit doesn't go their way and deny being dirty despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. 

exactly,which is one of the reason the Stealers organization never get in trouble because of their friend's in media and in front office.

7 hours ago, bigboi said:

exactly,which is one of the reason the Stealers organization never get in trouble because of their friend's in media and in front office.

Classic crybullying.  They've managed to convince everyone that Burfict is this horrible psycho for doing shit that is Any Given Sunday for their franchise.  They've even got some Bengals fans buying into it, it's nuts.

30 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Classic crybullying.  They've managed to convince everyone that Burfict is this horrible psycho for doing shit that is Any Given Sunday for their franchise.  They've even got some Bengals fans buying into it, it's nuts.

Burfict is a dumbass for some of the shit he has done, that said their whole organization is full of dumbasses.

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Burfict is a dumbass for some of the shit he has done, that said their whole organization is full of dumbasses.

Fair enough.   On the one hand he sometimes crosses the line; on the other hand that line is more of a smudge depending on the player.

All that aside, I suggest we start defending all our guys like the Stealers fans do theirs. 

31 minutes ago, HOF dan said:

And to his credit - Burfict didn't bite on any of their provocations. He was playing a really good game Monday. I hope that indicates some progress in his play.

Yeah he didn't retaliate at all, and then they tried to take his head off and he left on a stretcher.  Yay for him I guess?

Archived