What the heck is the real story about Ross?

22 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Wonder if this is Hill x2.  Maybe Ross needs some additional surgery, figured out he wasn't going to play anyway, so he just shut it down and had the surgery.  I doubt the Bengals care.

Probably this.  No reason to put him in, might as well get the work done. 

On 12/5/2017 at 2:55 PM, omgdrdoom said:

Average in coverage compared to who? Other CB1s or are you talking CBs in general? I think it's laughable if you're speaking of all corners in the league but in 2017 he's probably average @CB1 at best, probably a little lower honestly and I'm a fan of his. I don't think anyone has confused Dre with a good run stopper this season, so we agree there.

Dre would be an excellent CB2 if Jackson can become that shut down CB1 by 2018 that we're all hoping he becomes. We shall see I guess. Dre was really good in 2016 so it sucks to see so many people writing him off after a few bad weeks.

IDK, I just remember people on here saying that Gresham was better than we all believed and we would miss him when he was gone. This reminds me of that. At some point, your eyes are not deceiving you. He really isn't very good and other teams know it. That's why they throw in his direction (especially deep).  

44 minutes ago, SF2 said:

No reason to put him in, might as well get the work done. 

And one more sweet, sweet year of restricted Free Agency.

Now we know the real story with Ross. Mikey-Boy is all "Don't play him too much so we can still put him on IR for one less season of accrued experience, so we can keep him an extra year at a low rate." In the meantime, we have a guy who can go if we're down to our last 2 WR's.

Same shit they've done with McCarron, etc... Just Bengals being the Bengals.

5 minutes ago, HOF dan said:

I look at it this way.......he'll now be like WJIII and Billings were last year. Consider it an extra first round pick next year.

Now it doesn't seem so bad.:cool:

That's how I was thinking about Ogbuhei last year and look how that turned out.

He looks like Chris Perry at best or potentially our worst first round draft pick ever

considering how high he was taken.

3 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

That's how I was thinking about Ogbuhei last year and look how that turned out.

He looks like Chris Perry at best or potentially our worst first round draft pick ever

considering how high he was taken.

I rationalize that we got the player we should've got at #9 in Lawson and eventually Willis at a steal in middle rounds. And the front 7 prospects a lot of us wanted at #9 haven't done much yet to my knowledge. That's the only thing that keeps my anger over the Ross pick in check. And hopes that something in Ross clicks next season. Beside his shoulder, knee, etc......

12 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

And one more sweet, sweet year of restricted Free Agency.

Now we know the real story with Ross. Mikey-Boy is all "Don't play him too much so we can still put him on IR for one less season of accrued experience, so we can keep him an extra year at a low rate." In the meantime, we have a guy who can go if we're down to our last 2 WR's.

Same shit they've done with McCarron, etc... Just Bengals being the Bengals.

I think this is an extremely smart move though.....we have the same deal with Ced O i assume? Red-shirt the guy, hell ( i don't think so) Ced-o could be a probowl LT by year 5 if he figures it out, would hate to have him spend 5 year here developing and then walking to a new team once he's really good.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

I rationalize that we got the player we should've got at #9 in Lawson and eventually Willis at a steal in middle rounds. And the front 7 prospects a lot of us wanted at #9 haven't done much yet to my knowledge. That's the only thing that keeps my anger over the Ross pick in check. And hopes that something in Ross clicks next season. Beside his shoulder, knee, etc......

Derek Barnett has been pretty good and he was the consensus "safe" pick, at least according to a lot of us here that I can remember.

Jonathan Allen looked fine before the injury.

Tak McKinley and TJ Watt both have their teams pleased with them.

As far as other positions we could have taken - Marshon Lattimore is probably the best CB in the NFL right now and he's a rookie. 3 or 4 of the OTs are playing pretty damn well this season.

Just now, turningpoint said:

I think this is an extremely smart move though.....we have the same deal with Ced O i assume? Red-shirt the guy, hell ( i don't think so) Ced-o could be a probowl LT by year 5 if he figures it out, would hate to have him spend 5 year here developing and then walking to a new team once he's really good.

Except this is the same mentality that has us rolling over cap money so that we'll be able to afford all of the guys who are going to win a Super Bowl "real soon now". Says the team that hasn't won a playoff game in 30 odd years.

The other side of this is Dan Snyder who is always looking to win now with a team that can't possibly win now. So there's a balance... But we sure haven't done much winning in any given "this year" because we we constantly pine for next year. I mean, I could have fucked Tina Fey, but I don't want to get the sheets all messed up before Sarah Palin finally tells me she'll go on a date. I'm sure asking her the 31st time will be different.

How did it work keeping Ced on the bench? Yeah, you can get a 5th year out of him, but he's still (really) a 4th year player. At least he's going to play like a 4th year player.

Do the successful teams do this? You don't have to be a Pimp named Slickback to figure it out...

domestic-violence-domestic-violence-boondocks-demotivational-poster-1227670426.jpg.511d254912f2a51842a5237f01da1254.jpg

53 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

To be fair, Ross had a well documented injury history in college.  It was a buyer beware situation.  Can't blame bad luck when he struggled to avoid injury for most of the last 5-6 years.  Some people are just injury prone.

aSfybki.gif

On 12/4/2017 at 9:33 AM, fredtoast said:

No.  The coaches make their decisions base on hundreds of reps they have seen in practice. 

Apparently that "one play" just confirmed what they had been seeing in practice.

Really? Bc lafell said he's been amazing in practice and needed to play.

Archived