You've got to fire Marvin Lewis. The expression on our player's faces during the final minutes said it all. They KNEW this game was lost. We are the Washington Generals. You've got to fire the coach. No matter how much the Bengals dominate early, it's seemingly always just to make the comeback against us look all the better and be all the more dramatic. The mindset is too strong. They weren't fired up to make plays in the final minutes, they were resigned to the inevitable. Can't have it. Gotta fire Marvin.

1 minute ago, BengalRep85-9 said:

I really dont understand how everyone gets so upset.

Did anyone HONESTLY believe we were going to win? How many times do you have to see it before you expect it?

At no point did I feel we would win this game and you shouldn't have either.

Get the hell out of here with your GD logic!  We're a bunch of pissed off animals!

(Yeah, you're right)

2 minutes ago, BengalRep85-9 said:

I really dont understand how everyone gets so upset.

Did anyone HONESTLY believe we were going to win? How many times do you have to see it before you expect it?

At no point did I feel we would win this game and you shouldn't have either.

You're right, we weren't up 17-3 at the half.  :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, soundstreamer said:

How was that not another penalty of Schuster?

This.  He did 100% the same thing a couple plays later.  I mean one hundred percent the same. Same route, same crack-back, same leading with the helmet into the defender's helmet.  The only difference was it was slightly glancing rather than under the chin.  The announcer even said it, then quickly shut up for some reason.  Seems that Hines Ward rule they profiled during the game didn't stop the Stealers from employing the same tactic as a standard one, lo these many years later.

I know we dropped passes at key times, I know Jackson pussed out exactly how the league has orchestrated it by pussifying contact near the sideline, I know the last offensive play call was garbage and I know our defense was decimated - but sorry guys, this was a "you can't beat the refs" game.  As soon as we got up 10 there was a clear and abrupt change in tone from the refs, and it never really let up.  Some calls were legit, but some very key ones were so bad the *announcers* were beside themselves.  It really began with the 15 yarder on Green where the announcers chuckled and said they "sort of" saw something, and the kicker was the game-stealing non-hold on Gio that might be the most disgusted I've ever heard announcers ever describe a penalty in my life.

This is why the NFL is garbage, and unless someone in actual power tries to change it, it will only get worse.  I don't know which stupid fans want the same outcomes year after year, but I can definitely say it's not for me, so I guess the NFL doesn't have me in mind when they decide how to allow games to unfold.  Oh well.

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Let's be honest... against every team. We are only capable of beating clubs that try to out implode us in the second half.

I know... but it's obvious against this team..

ole marv shits his pants..

Andy was money tonight except for maybe a couple throw all night

O-line was ok

defense was good until it mattered..

AJ fucked up

I just can't make it more clear... fucking marvin is the only constant.. #halftimeadjustments 

fuck this team.. i gotta go to bed

Just now, HavePityPlease said:

This.  He did 100% the same thing a couple plays later.  I mean one hundred percent the same. Same route, same crack-back, same leading with the helmet into the defender's helmet.  The only difference was it was slightly glancing rather than under the chin.  The announcer even said it, then quickly shut up for some reason.  Seems that Hines Ward rule they profiled during the game didn't stop the Stealers from employing the same tactic as a standard one, lo these many years later.

I know we dropped passes at key times, I know Jackson pussed out exactly how the league has orchestrated it by pussifying contact near the sideline, I know the last offensive play call was garbage and I know our defense was decimated - but sorry guys, this was a "you can't beat the refs" game.  As soon as we got up 10 there was a clear and abrupt change in tone from the refs, and it never really let up.  Some calls were legit, but some very key ones were so bad the *announcers* were beside themselves.  It really began with the 15 yarder on Green where the announcers chuckled and said they "sort of" saw something, and the kicker was the game-stealing non-hold on Gio that might be the most disgusted I've ever heard announcers ever describe a penalty in my life.

This is why the NFL is garbage, and unless someone in actual power tries to change it, it will only get worse.  I don't know which stupid fans want the same outcomes year after year, but I can definitely say it's not for me, so I guess the NFL doesn't have me in mind when they decide how to allow games to unfold.  Oh well.

it looked like they werent even going to throw the flag til he was standing over top taze. he didnt do that on the second crack back only difference i saw.

If you allow and enable low character players on your team, you're going to suffer low character losses. This team is mentally soft. 

The problem starts with the ownership and works its way down. 

173 yards in penalties. Even if a good number of those were bullshit, which they were, that's inexcusable. We had more penalties than yards in the second half.

If there was a movie scene that best sums up this game... The Stealers are Bullet Tooth Tony, and we're Vince. With our mincy little faggot balls shrinking.

This is gonna be completely pointless, but does anyone get the feeling that it would be better for Cincy to play in the AFC South, as opposed to the AFC North?

I mean,  there has to be a complete sea change for this team to be legit.   We already know that Marvin has to go,  and Mike Brown to actually be a owner (hell maybe be like Jerry Jones--at least he throws money all over the place to get players) that wants to win.   Trade Dalton and AJ--let them be with teams that have legit chances at championships,

but I really think that there has to be a point where there could be a time that teams can switch divisons.   I don't get why the Colts play in the AFC South when it seems that they are better set to be in the AFC North, and yes geography can be a issue.

..and yes, I'm making this, realizing that Dallas in in the NFC East and geographically they are in the Midwest,  making the whole thing moot...

Maybe I'm wishing that the Colts and the Bengals could switch divisons....maybe there is more success for the Bengals playing the Jags, Titans, and Texans, as opposed to the Browns, Big Ben, and Joe Flacco...

....Just wondering...

Archived