Refs were garbage on both sides but way more on ours. 

Imma look for that JuJu when he’s back in LA, and simply walk by (I’m not not stupid :ninja:)

If anything, maybe Shazier will expose how the Stealers train/offer/encourage bounties with cheap shots. I seriously think this could happen if Shazier’s injury is as bad as expected. 

Wow.

As JuJu Smith-Schuster talked about his block on Vontaze Burfict, Antonio Brown kept yelling ‘KARMA’ in Smith-Schuster’s direction. Said ‘Touchdown Brown’ will pay his fine.

I'm guessing the team doctors only use rectal thermometers, because that whole team is a collection of assholes.

Seriously, this may as well be a bounty. "Go hurt people and I will pay your fines". Is this really the image the NFL wants to put forward??

43 minutes ago, kriZENry said:

Imma look for that JuJu when he’s back in LA, and simply walk by (I’m not not stupid :ninja:)

If anything, maybe Shazier will expose how the Stealers train/offer/encourage bounties with cheap shots. I seriously think this could happen if Shazier’s injury is as bad as expected. 

Hope you just happen to be holding a ball peen hammer and can't control yourself.  :D

1 hour ago, kriZENry said:

Just got home and late to the party.  Don't know if it showed on TV but twice in the first quarter Ben didn't get the play off in time.  The play clock was at 00.  Nothing said by the officials and the fans went wild.  Marvin picked dingleberries on the sidelines.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Kirkpatrick has the most defensive penalties by any player since 2015. Why the fuck is he starting?

The pass interference call in the end zone was unbelievably bad.  His back was to Brown boxing him out of the play and he was going for the ball, too.  I thought offensive pass interference if anything.

Not sure what it showed on TV (although I can guess what Collinsworthless said) but on the one play Tomlin challenged.  It looked like A.J. had the ball and it came loose when he hit the ground.  I thought it was a completion, AJ down and ball came loose when he hit the ground, no fumble or Pittsburgh recovery.  Nice chunk of yardage picked up by Mr.  Green.

Goes without saying the shot on Vontaze was a blatant helmet to the head that was not called.  Unconscionable.  

Not a penalty but it looked like Shazier jammed his own neck trying for a spear.

But 173 yards in penalties (per the posts game show).  I'm surprised it was as close as it was even thought the outcome was never in doubt.  The Stealers came out in the second half and waited for the Bengals to fuck themselves.  Which they did.

7 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Leveon Bell is really patient so his linemen can get a firm hold on the defender in front of them.

That's what I always say to my son when the announcers say he's patient. He's waiting for the holds to open up.

7 hours ago, BengalRep85-9 said:

I really dont understand how everyone gets so upset.

Did anyone HONESTLY believe we were going to win? How many times do you have to see it before you expect it?

At no point did I feel we would win this game and you shouldn't have either.

Everybody should've realized it was over after Gio's "holding" call.

21 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Everybody should've realized it was over after Gio's "holding" call.

Everybody should've expected the Stoolers to cheapshot their way to another unlikely victory with blatant help from the refs.  If it's not scripted it's sure as hell predictable.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Everybody should've expected the Stoolers to cheapshot their way to another unlikely victory with blatant help from the refs.  If it's not scripted it's sure as hell predictable.

Ever since they penalized 30 yards in one chunk to seal a playoff game, you knew that anything was possible for the refs. Why wasn't Schuster penalized 30 yards? Penalized during the play, then after the play. Just like Burfict and Jones. They couldn't do that to the stealers. That would've been devastating.

3 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Ever since they penalized 30 yards in one chunk to seal a playoff game, you knew that anything was possible for the refs. Why wasn't Schuster penalized 30 yards? Penalized during the play, then after the play. Just like Burfict and Jones. They couldn't do that to the stealers. That would've been devastating.

And then he apparently tried to do it again? (I missed that play myself, thank you ESPN's official two-tin-cans-&-some-twine internet streaming service)  

Crack-back block was PF one.  Taunting was PF 2.  That's an ejection for most teams.

23 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I guess some people hate him in the booth but I was really impressed by him.  Loved how he said he'd buy season tickets just to watch Burfict play.

I was pretty impressed with the fairness of the commentary team last night. They pointed out the questionable calls on both sides and sounded absolutely disgusted at some of the flags that Dan Fouts would have been jerking off to Stiller footbaw instead of denouncing.

22 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I guess some people hate him in the booth but I was really impressed by him.  Loved how he said he'd buy season tickets just to watch Burfict play.

I liked the video collage of all of the rule changes that stemmed from this rivalry. And it was all stealers dirty shit that the league wanted to stop. But they're still heralded as a class organization. I liked when Porter's name came up after and Gruden threw in that coaches should stay off the field.

2 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

I was pretty impressed with the fairness of the commentary team last night. They pointed out the questionable calls on both sides and sounded absolutely disgusted at some of the flags that Dan Fouts and Collinsworth would have been jerking off to Stiller footbaw instead of denouncing.

Great point. And fixt.

6 minutes ago, Hooky said:

I liked the video collage of all of the rule changes that stemmed from this rivalry. And it was all stealers dirty shit that the league wanted to stop. But they're still heralded as a class organization. I liked when Porter's name came up after and Gruden threw in that coaches should stay off the field.

Yeah I really got the impression Gruden was doing his best to change the perception.  Too bad we couldn't back him up by winning, but between all that & the Gronk hit hopefully fans will be a bit more critical. 

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

between all that & the Gronk hit hopefully fans will be a bit more critical. 

lol you give people too much credit. The average NFL fan has always been and will always be a fuckin' dope. Those are the guys you hear the most and see on every comment section talking about how dirty we are for stuff like injuring Shazier (I shit you not it was a dead serious top comment on Facebook articles about it last night).

The only real rational, sympathetic "normal" fans you'll find seem to be on specific team sub-reddits. Past that, we're all a bunch of degenerates (most message boards) or devoid of any knowledge of the game past screaming about other teams players that you may have never actually watched (social media).

6 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

lol you give people too much credit. The average NFL fan has always been and will always be a fuckin' dope. Those are the guys you hear the most and see on every comment section talking about how dirty we are for stuff like injuring Shazier (I shit you not it was a dead serious top comment on Facebook articles about it last night).

The only real rational, sympathetic "normal" fans you'll find seem to be on specific team sub-reddits. Past that, we're all a bunch of degenerates (most message boards) or devoid of any knowledge of the game past screaming about other teams players that you may have never actually watched (social media).

Hey I resent that!  I'm just as much a degenerate as any of them!

:ninja:

I mean, if the NFL treats their fans like suckers it's only natural that they will end up with only suckers as fans.  As far as human nature & all that, there's also the tendency to follow the leader.  It's absolutely a slow, painful process but having someone like Gruden offer a different perspective, golden boy Gronk doing something completely bush league..  Again, I don't think it's going to change overnight, or even over a single season, but it's a start.

1. Dre Kirkpatrick sucks. He can't cover, takes penalties galore and is the worst tackling CB since Deion Sanders. Bell has a highlight reel of just times he's run Kirkpatrick over. Fucking garbage.

2. The Bengals played the entire second half scared. Marvin Lewis has a vagina and he leads his team accordingly. When Dalton missed Bernard on third down on the first drive of the 3rd quarter, I knew we were going to lose the game.

3. The Bengals inability to get any kind of pressure on Roethlisberger was a huge reason they lost

4. Bernard has been amazing at picking up blitzers and saving Dalton. He had a great game overall.

5. Credit where it's due. The offensive line played better than I expected. They've improved.

6. AJ and LaFell. Nice drops when it mattered.

7. I fucking hate the Stealers more than any other sports team.

7 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Yep, you're so right.  I had one such "average NFL fan" run into me at work..."I heard the Bengals injured Shazier and then the Stealers injured Burfict"....uhhhh, no!!!  Shazier injured HIMSELF on what should have been a trivial play if he wasn't spearing!

3 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

1. Dre Kirkpatrick sucks. He can't cover, takes penalties galore and is the worst tackling CB since Deion Sanders. Bell has a highlight reel of just times he's run Kirkpatrick over. Fucking garbage.

2. The Bengals played the entire second half scared. Marvin Lewis has a vagina and he leads his team accordingly. When Dalton missed Bernard on third down on the first drive of the 3rd quarter, I knew we were going to lose the game.

3. The Bengals inability to get any kind of pressure on Roethlisberger was a huge reason they lost

4. Bernard has been amazing at picking up blitzers and saving Dalton. He had a great game overall.

5. Credit where it's due. The offensive line played better than I expected. They've improved.

6. AJ and LaFell. Nice drops when it mattered.

7. I fucking hate the Stealers more than any other sports team.

Yep.

16 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Made me question why we needed to spend 2nd round picks on his replacement, and his replacement's replacement. 

He certainly looked like an NFL starting RB to me.

16 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I would love to see the total of points scored and given up in the 1st half vs. the 2nd half of all games under Marvin. 

13 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Yep, you're so right.  I had one such "average NFL fan" run into me at work..."I heard the Bengals injured Shazier and then the Stealers injured Burfict"....uhhhh, no!!!  Shazier injured HIMSELF on what should have been a trivial play if he wasn't spearing!

Yep.

Too many people, in general, regurgitating anything they hear without taking the time to confirm it. Probably started by somebody that didn't watch the game. Maybe somebody that doesn't even watch football. 

Archived