Gronk cheap shot

15 hours ago, AngrySquirrel said:

Suspended one game. He's appealing..

Appealing what?  That it really should've been longer?  That shit was inexcusable.

I swear both NE and Shitsburgh are "Classy franchises" in the sports media by virtue of winning a lot of games and selling a lot of merch.

839.png

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Appealing what?  That it really should've been longer?  That shit was inexcusable.

I swear both NE and Shitsburgh are "Classy franchises" in the sports media by virtue of winning a lot of games and selling a lot of merch.

Lots of people appeal whether it makes sense to or not.

Gronk is a first time offender in this category. He blocked a dude for an extra split second out of bounds like 3 years ago to get a small fine, but that's about it. I could have understood 2 games with how blatant it was but 1 game isn't nothing for a first time player safety violation. It'll only be some real bullshit if he somehow gets it reduced to a big fine.

1 minute ago, omgdrdoom said:

Lots of people appeal whether it makes sense to or not.

Gronk is a first time offender in this category. He blocked a dude for an extra split second out of bounds like 3 years ago to get a small fine, but that's about it. I could have understood 2 games with how blatant it was but 1 game isn't nothing for a first time player safety violation. It'll only be some real bullshit if he somehow gets it reduced to a big fine.

We shall see...  Deliberately tried to break the guy's neck, but OTOH teamslikethePatriots 

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

We shall see...  Deliberately tried to break the guy's neck, but OTOH teamslikethePatriots 

As much as I'd love to see a multiple game suspension and all of that because Gronk is a manchild douche, why should we care at this point? I mean this might sound petty of me, but Gronkowski owns the Stealers and I'd really hate to see him try to fight this suspension enough to hold it off for a week and end up delaying it to the PIT game in 2 weeks.

7 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

As much as I'd love to see a multiple game suspension and all of that because Gronk is a manchild douche, why should we care at this point? I mean this might sound petty of me, but Gronkowski owns the Stealers and I'd really hate to see him try to fight this suspension enough to hold it off for a week and end up delaying it to the PIT game in 2 weeks.

OK, I can get behind that.  Maybe he & JoJo Cockwrangler will kill each other?

ut01y9p.gif

I have been hiding from sports media, so I finally saw the Gronk hit for the first time last night. To me, that was not just him being a dick. That was psychotic and dangerous. I hate the increasing amount of roughness penalties during play, but deliberate shit after the play needs to be dealt with harshly. 

Slightly off subject, based on stealer fan stupidity this week, how many stealers players and fans would say that Gronk was just making sure the player was down if Gronk was a stealer? 

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

I have been hiding from sports media, so I finally saw the Gronk hit for the first time last night. To me, that was not just him being a dick. That was psychotic and dangerous. I hate the increasing amount of roughness penalties during play, but deliberate shit after the play needs to be dealt with harshly. 

Slightly off subject, based on stealer fan stupidity this week, how many stealers players and fans would say that Gronk was just making sure the player was down if Gronk was a stealer? 

All of them?

Was that a trick question...

Flashback to the end of the Pats game last year where there was a scuffle and Gronk got penalized, but sports media was saying after the play how the bengals have no discipline and followed with the obligatory reference to the playoff game. So teams like the patriots and the stealers don't have a discipline problem if they win.

1 minute ago, Hooky said:

Flashback to the end of the Pats game last year where there was a scuffle and Gronk got penalized, but sports media was saying after the play how the bengals have no discipline and followed with the obligatory reference to the playoff game.

Not to mention cameras caught Burfict twisting someone's ankle once & that is the first & only time that has ever happened in an NFL scrum, truly shocking.  Definitely not a team that Does Things the Right Way.

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Not to mention cameras caught Burfict twisting someone's ankle once & that is the first & only time that has ever happened in an NFL scrum, truly shocking.  Definitely not a team that Does Things the Right Way.

What if he kicked a punter in the face?

4 minutes ago, Hooky said:

What if he kicked a punter in the face?

He is a Fiery Competitor that was only trying to Make a Play for his team.

For real though, can we start talking about anything questionable our guys do in the same terms?  It would be amusing if not effective.

Archived