So long Silver Dome

Super Bowl XVI was an American football game between the National Football Conference (NFC) champion San Francisco 49ers and the American Football Conference (AFC) champion Cincinnati Bengals to decide the National Football League (NFL) champion for the 1981 season. The 49ers defeated the Bengals by the score of 26–21 to win their first Super Bowl.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XVI for the rest

l8i7ewyscz8udai2xrua.jpg

I saw the Buckeyes men BB team play U-Conn there in the 1991 regional semi. My seats were so far away it took a second for you to hear the ball bounce and the scoreboard blocked the top half of the backboard on the far end.

Oh and that Super Bowl. 

Blast away! 

I was there too (it was St. John's actually). It was indeed a horrible viewing venue. Although, because it was OSU's first appearance in the semi's since forever, it gave you chills to witness the sea of scarlet in that place. Will never forget that. I had intended to stay for the entire weekend--believing OSU would be in the Sunday final. After they lost, I just handed our passes to some Dukies coming in, and drove back to Columbus.     

Archived