My offseason

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

How's the fishing? Big part of my offseason plan. 

Decent on weekdays.  Weekends SML is pretty crowded IMO.

The best thing about Smith Mountain Lake IMO is that it doesn't look  like a southern lake.  The water is actually blue instead of brown.  Nice place.  Hope your place comes out great, finks.

14 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

This is awesome. Are you building it yourself? Where is that?

I'm doing the finishing work, floors, paint, trim, stuff like that - Smith mountain Lake in Virginia, my wife and I enjoy boating in the summer and i am getting ready to retire from the Army and this will be where i yell and scream at the Bengals unless i come to a game.

8 hours ago, Bunghole said:

mhfinks for head coach! He can plan things!

Been planning this for a while! This is my Super Bowl (my house) So sure, I would think about the HC Job! We looked around the lake for lots for over a year and then this one just popped up. Had to say yes! Then because its on a lake, i had to meet all regulatory requirements to build there (pain in the tail). Finally my retirement home is being built - and Yes I am the HC for this project. My wife is the GM.

IMG_2823.JPG

16 minutes ago, mhfinks said:

Stripper fishing is good! Small and large mouth - Catfish - not bad. T-Dub - fishing is always apart of the offseason!

TBH I'm more into fly-fishing creeks and streams but that's a gorgeous spot you have there.  Congrats!

3 hours ago, mhfinks said:

I'm doing the finishing work, floors, paint, trim, stuff like that - Smith mountain Lake in Virginia, my wife and I enjoy boating in the summer and i am getting ready to retire from the Army and this will be where i yell and scream at the Bengals unless i come to a game.

If you can build a guest bedroom for me that would be great. Nothing super special just a window and a bed. 

3 hours ago, Bunghole said:

mhfinks, you're retiring from the Army? How long did you endure? 20 years? 30? Enlisted or officer? I am former Army (E-4), and have a HUGE military background in my family.

29 to date it will be 30 in Aug. Army, 1SG, 

Archived