George Iloka

35 minutes ago, saphead said:

Dan Pugh Patrick layed into Iiloka pretty good on his show this morning about his deliberate helmet to helmet hit. Had the inbreds as being the innocent victims. Fucking pathetic. 

that's why I don't listen to any of that shit anymore.. I just can't handle it

When I seen the topic I thought it was going to be about Iloka not getting the easiest INT ever on the last series before the half.  Ball hit him right in the shoulder.  Bengals probably add 3 more points to make it 20-0 instead the Stealers get 3 points to end the half.

3 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

I used to think people were shitheads for wishing injury or cheering injury or whatever. I used to care a lot more about all of that stuff, I really did. The past few years of this bullshit has really gotten to me though, I can't bring myself to care as much anymore. If Shazier isn't spearing then Mitchell is. If they're both out then one of their scumbag WRs are taking cheap shot blocks. If none of that is happening their OL has our DL in a uniform chokehold that isn't getting called. If none of that then Ben is running down the playclock to 0 without repercussion. If none of that then their coaches get involved.

I'm DONE being objective or caring with these assholes. I'm from the Pittsburgh area, all of my friends are from around here, obviously. Deal with all of these idiots every day, watch these games and how they unfold, and then try to not be like the way I've turned into now. It's really, really, really difficult. One of my "friends" on Facebook is literally sharing a GoFundMe page to pay JuJu Cunt Shuster's fine and everyone is commenting how awesome it was that he knocked Burfict out.

I don't care if it's a cheap shot, I want to see George and Vontaze take people out the next time we see those scumbags. I just don't care anymore. Fuck every last one of them. This is a war they wanted, I just hope more of our guys step up and start giving proper retaliation. The Bengals did NOT start this bullshit, I don't want them to sit back and take it. I'm so, so, so sick of the "just beat them clean to send a message!" garbage. GTFO, destroy them.

The problem is we can't beat them clean or dirty. I agree they started this garbage, but in the end George's hit hurt us too. We are snake bit man. JuJu's hit was pure bullshit. Nowhere near the ball, and yet the end result was the loss of Burfict. Pure bullshit on their part, and yet they benefit AGAIN. George's emotional retaliation was at least related to the play, and yet Brown holds on for the touchdown, is only shaken up for a moment, and the narrative is shifted to the RIVALRY being dirty, not the Stealers. They benefit across the board AGAIN. I can't even explain how that happens, but once again a game we dominated on both sides of the ball early slips away steadily, slowly, and painfully till the inevitable final second field goal and Marvin need to be fired, like yesterday.

2 hours ago, jhowdy54 said:

When I seen the topic I thought it was going to be about Iloka not getting the easiest INT ever on the last series before the half.  Ball hit him right in the shoulder.  Bengals probably add 3 more points to make it 20-0 instead the Stealers get 3 points to end the half.

i think he pick 6's that ball.

4 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Iloka suspended for 1 game.

BUULLLLSSHIIIIITTTTTT

Not really, he obviously retaliated.   At this point I don't care.  He and the rest of the secondary played like shit yesterday and let Pittsburgh walk down the field on 2 consecutive series to win the game.  Also had an easy pick handed to him but he was too busy trying to make a big hit on a guy who didn't have the ball.

I also loved the dumbfuck who let Leveon Bell tiptoe down the sideline.  WTF was that?

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

Not really, he obviously retaliated.   At this point I don't care.  He and the rest of the secondary played like shit yesterday and let Pittsburgh walk down the field on 2 consecutive series to win the game.  Also had an easy pick handed to him but he was too busy trying to make a big hit on a guy who didn't have the ball.

I also loved the dumbfuck who let Leveon Bell tiptoe down the sideline.  WTF was that?

Eh I guess I feel that Iloka and Schuster should have different punishments. I don't feel they were 2 of the same infractions but I guess it could make sense.

Just super annoyed by all of this, really.

21 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Eh I guess I feel that Iloka and Schuster should have different punishments. I don't feel they were 2 of the same infractions but I guess it could make sense.

Just super annoyed by all of this, really.

Me too.  Our offense shit itself in the second half. Defense played its ass off the first half but ran out of gas and players in the second.  The offense was 100% healthy other than Mixon going out but Gio was perfectly fine as the replacement.  They didn't get it done.   I would love to blame the refs but this one is on the offense and the second half playcalling.  Our second half offensive series were:  We received the 2nd half kick and in Marvin fashion:

3 and out punt,  1:04 off the clock

10 plays Field Goal: 5:25 off clock

4 and out punt, 1:34 off the clock

3 and out punt, 2:06 off the clock

3 and out punt, 1:09 off the clock. 

Three  3 and outs, a 4 and out and one field goal.   Receive the 2nd half kick and of course,..3 and out.  CHOKE

Besides the field goal they had 4 second half drives that averaged 3.3 plays, 1:28 seconds per drive and 8.3 yards per drive.  awesome.  Couldn't Marvin just hand them some extra timeouts?

Pittspuke scored on 5 of its last 6 possessions.   Pathetic. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Jackson III and Evans

In the post game interview III said he thought he was out of bounds.

Well, f'n DUH.

How about a little shove to help him and make sure?

One of the most idiotic things I have seen happen on a football field ever.

Professionals? What a joke.

2 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Iloka suspended for 1 game.

Good.

I've had it with the damn headhunting. From EITHER side. It's a game.

It's to the point now... 50%+ of our games aren't decided by skill, but by calls. Maybe the NFL is rigged, maybe not. But I don't tune in to see how Walt Anderson is going to call the game, I tune in to watch players play. And I don't blame the officials... Bad rules make for bad calls. The more we've piled on these rules, the more the mandate from the league office comers down to not bog down the game by calling penalties on every play, the more guys figure they can get away with, etc... It's a stupid way to run a sport.

During last night's game, I couldn't help of think about Junior Seau. Shazier did it to himself, but the rest of the brutality was unsportsmanlike and uncalled for. I don't want to read about Brown OR Burfict committing suicide due to CTE. The sport is brutal enough without guys intentionally trying to hurt people. Taunting is plain bad sportsmanship and it's disgusting to watch. An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.

I played, and I have coached up to Arena 2 levels, and I am disgusted. It hurts me to think any High School kid may have watched that and thought it was the way to play the game. I am ashamed that my team was even a part of that embarrassing display. I suffered through the 90's, and I have never been more embarrassed to be a Bengals fan. Both teams made the game of football UGLY last night, in more ways than one. After 40 years of being a fan - If the Bengals need to win like that, I don't care if they do.

“His actions after the hit are more disturbing than the hit itself,” Tomlin said. “Often plays like that are teachable moments and when you look at it you talk about ways you can be safer and so forth. He’s a better sportsman than he displayed after the block. He’s got to work hard so that people understand what type of man he is from a sportsmanship standpoint.”

Hey, Marvin, this is what you do instead of making excuses for guys who cross the line.

25 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Jackson III and Evans

In the post game interview III said he thought he was out of bounds.

Well, f'n DUH.

How about a little shove to help him and make sure?

One of the most idiotic things I have seen happen on a football field ever.

Professionals? What a joke.

Yeah, and then he gets flagged for a late hit out of bounds. I get it. It looked ridiculous and, for the most part it was, but they have made guys second guess doing ANYTHING on the field in case they get flagged. Especially in a game where the referees were clearly watching.

23 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Good.

I've had it with the damn headhunting. From EITHER side. It's a game.

I agree. I think Smith-Schuster and Iloka both should have been ejected from the game. Furthermore, they should have suspended them both for the rest of the season. Both penalties were intentional and dirty as fuck. Until they start making making these guys really pay, they will never learn. Gronkowski also getting only one game is a joke. That was filthy.

28 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Hey, Marvin, this is what you do instead of making excuses for guys who cross the line.

By referring to a blatant cheapshot, something your team is obviously coached to do, as a "block"?  IDK about that.

10 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I agree. I think Smith-Schuster and Iloka both should have been ejected from the game. Furthermore, they should have suspended them both for the rest of the season. Both penalties were intentional and dirty as fuck. Until they start making making these guys really pay, they will never learn. Gronkowski also getting only one game is a joke. That was filthy.

The difference being that Iloka doesn't do this game in, game out, and get away with it most of the time.  Something that, according to others anyway, JoJo did again a few snaps later with no call. Not saying Iloka shouldn't be suspended but you can't really compare the two otherwise.  That was basically self-defense on his part, showing that we can take people out too if they want to play dirty.  The refs & Marvin obviously weren't going to protect our guys so I really don't blame him.

14 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

By referring to a blatant cheapshot, something your team is obviously coached to do, as a "block"?  IDK about that.

IDK how that compares with actively recruiting guys who do this naturally. Or having a guy get a huge contract extension the week after he gets suspended for an illegal hit.

I mean, it's not like we're discouraging that kind of play...

Just now, LostInDaJungle said:

IDK how that compares with actively recruiting guys who do this naturally. Or having a guy get a huge contract extension the week after he gets suspended for an illegal hit.

I mean, it's not like we're discouraging that kind of play...

You mean Burfict?  He's a choir boy compared to what the Stoolers do, and they typically get away with it. 

4 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

LOL. Don't Bogart that stuff man. Puff puff pass.

Show me one clip of Burfict lowering his head and delivering a helmet-to-helmet hit like that.  Besides which, he's one dude.  

Are you really trying to compare the Bengals to Shitsburgh as being equally dirty? 

FFS man I don't want any of what you're smoking.  You've got to be trolling with that.

12 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Show me one clip of Burfict lowering his head and delivering a helmet-to-helmet hit like that.

His sins are different, but of the same dirty ilk.  Leg twisting.  Standing and stomping on players.  Late hits. 

That said, Burfict seemed to be in control last night, but he has a well earned reputation. 

The problem isn't that Burfict is recognized as a dirty player.  He deservedly is.  It's that winning teams and players (Fucking Stealers) get away with it and the media brushes it off as hard play.  Bottom line?  No one likes a loser.  Burfict is king loser on one of the historically loser franchises in the NFL. 

50 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

His sins are different, but of the same dirty ilk.  Leg twisting.  Standing and stomping on players.  Late hits. 

That said, Burfict seemed to be in control last night, but he has a well earned reputation. 

The problem isn't that Burfict is recognized as a dirty player.  He deservedly is.  It's that winning teams and players (Fucking Stealers) get away with it and the media brushes it off as hard play.  Bottom line?  No one likes a loser.  Burfict is king loser on one of the historically loser franchises in the NFL. 

Hitting someone a fraction of a second late in a slow-motion replay is not of "the same dirty ilk" as headhunting, particularly when the entire team is being coached to do it.  Leg-twisting goes on constantly in NFL piles, the only reason you think Burfict is alone in this is because you saw replays when he did it.  Someone posted a bunch of clips showing how often this happens in games.

Mostly agree with the 2nd part, though you have to wonder how a team is supposed to overcome a history of losing when they don't get to play by the same rules as the "winners"?

2 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Yeah, and then he gets flagged for a late hit out of bounds. I get it. It looked ridiculous and, for the most part it was, but they have made guys second guess doing ANYTHING on the field in case they get flagged. Especially in a game where the referees were clearly watching.

He wasn't out of bounds and the whistle had not blown.  Furthermore, a minor push wont get you called that close to the line, its when someone is a yard over the line and then get HIT when they call it. 

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Hitting someone a fraction of a second late in a slow-motion replay is not of "the same dirty ilk" as headhunting, particularly when the entire team is being coached to do it.  Leg-twisting goes on constantly in NFL piles, the only reason you think Burfict is alone in this is because you saw replays when he did it.  Someone posted a bunch of clips showing how often this happens in games.

Mostly agree with the 2nd part, though you have to wonder how a team is supposed to overcome a history of losing when they don't get to play by the same rules as the "winners"?

A head coach who recognized and took into account these sub plots and game changing scenarios would be a start. He doesn't even react to the most blatant bad calls or malicious, intentional hits on his players when it happens right in front of him though. That sends a clear message to the refs and the opposing teams, doesn't it? Do whatever you want because I won't do or say a thing about it.

12 minutes ago, A Rock said:

A head coach who recognized and took into account these sub plots and game changing scenarios would be a start. He doesn't even react to the most blatant bad calls or malicious, intentional hits on his players when it happens right in front of him though. That sends a clear message to the refs and the opposing teams, doesn't it? Do whatever you want because I won't do or say a thing about it.

Right, and Iloka or Burfict or whoever maybe doesn't feel the need to retaliate because the coach has his back.

10 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I can go with that and respect it.  Well stated and +1

I was going with the "payback is a bitch" (mis)interpretation.

And Brown is due for a big does, himself.

Notice how quickly Ju Ju (what a dumbass name) has become Stealerized.  Seriously, you can't make be believe that they aren't coached that way.

Yep, and Shazier was a class Buckeye for all his time there, but once you became a stealer it's a different story. The dirty nature of stealer play does not come from coaching, it comes from the rooneys and goes all the way down to the ball boys. The entire program is infested with the notion that dirty play is the way the stealers do things and they get away with it because they've been doing it since the 70's and they're one of the nfls favored teams. 

Archived