George Iloka

6 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

I wish I had a dollar for every social media comment that's basically "wow and they still suspended JuJu for a legal shoulder to chest block??? FUCK THE NFL RAAAWWWRRRR"

There are a billion of them on any article about the reduced Iloka suspension. Check out some Pittsburgh news station FB pages if you want to get a good laugh.

Well even Rapistberger said it when asked, something along the lines of "I think it is overboard, it was within the context of a football play, within the lines"... then of course he follows it with "yeah we don't like the taunting part, BUT"

No.  No buts.  That's why his suspension was upheld.  End of story.

38 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Well, Shitter-Smith's case was probably doomed when Brown started yelling Karma over and over like an idiot. 

Time to become a Ravens fan for a week as much as it pains me.

Lose out Bengals. My favorite teams the rest of the season are whoever is playing the Stealers.

Imagine if the Iloka hit put AB on a stretcher and then when they interviewed George about it, Burfict was in the background yelling "karma" and "I'm going to pay his fine". Lol sports media would explode over something, something bounties

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

I wish I had a dollar for every social media comment that's basically "wow and they still suspended JuJu for a legal shoulder to chest block??? FUCK THE NFL RAAAWWWRRRR"

There are a billion of them on any article about the reduced Iloka suspension. Check out some Pittsburgh news station FB pages if you want to get a good laugh.

tenor.gif

http://www.fox19.com/story/37007755/bengals-george-ilokas-suspension-overturned

Bengals Safety George Iloka's suspension overturned

Wednesday, December 6th 2017, 12:21 pm ESTWednesday, December 6th 2017, 12:24 pm ESTPosted by FOX19 Digital Media Staff

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -

A previously suspended Cincinnati Bengals player will take the field on Sunday when they take on the Chicago Bears.

George Iloka's suspension was overturned on Wednesday, according to Coach Marvin Lewis. He said he was surprised with the NFL's ruling in the first place. 

According to ESPN, Iloka will pay a fine instead. ($36,464.50)

Iloka was initially suspended for one game, after league officials say he violently struck a defenseless receiver in the head or neck area during the Stealers- Bengals game on Monday night.

The Stealers' Juju Smith-Schuster was also suspended for one game. NFL officials say Smith-Schuster violated a rule against unnecessary contact against a player in a defenseless posture. The play in question took place in the fourth quarter and involved Cincinnati linebacker Vontaze Burfict.

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Your concept of logic is so bad.  If my neighbor Joe comes over every Friday and beats the shit out of me or my brother, and every time I call the cops they say "that's just good ol' Joe, such a classy guy", and this goes on for years until I finally catch neighbor Joe taking out the trash and fuck him up?

Yes, that is self-defense.

Your idea that you should just go on getting your ass kicked indefinitely is what's fucked up here, honestly.  Somehow I doubt you possess this Gandhi-like commitment to nonviolence under any circumstance in real life.

Nope.  That's being a vigilante. 

You fuck up Joe.  You go to jail.  Your family suffers for your selfish need to attack Joe.  That's fake tough.  Chances are Joe comes over later and fucks up someone else in your family while you rot in jail.  Real tough is not letting your little ego drive you to do something stupid.  Self-Defense is taking a shovel to Joe's head when he comes over trying to fuck you up. 

9 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Nope.  That's being a vigilante. 

You fuck up Joe.  You go to jail.  Your family suffers for your selfish need to attack Joe.  That's fake tough.  Chances are Joe comes over later and fucks up someone else in your family while you rot in jail.  Real tough is not letting your little ego drive you to do something stupid.  Self-Defense is taking a shovel to Joe's head when he comes over trying to fuck you up. 

:lol:

Well it doesn't matter now since the suspension got overturned, so you can simmer down with your keyboard-warrior posturing.

"fake tough"

"shovel to the head"

chill out and have another beer, Uncle Edgy.

this place is a hoot man i swear...

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

:lol:

Well it doesn't matter now since the suspension got overturned, so you can simmer down with your keyboard-warrior posturing.

"fake tough"

"shovel to the head"

chill out and have another beer, Uncle Edgy.

this place is a hoot man i swear...

Ha!  Well played.  Nothing coherent left to say so you act like I'm a madman.  Right out of the online argument playbook.  You did leave out the term "triggered" and calling me "bro."  Make sure you do that next time.

The shovel to the head thing was a bit over the top, but The Godfather has been on AMC this week. 

Keyboard warrior indeed....

19 minutes ago, Marlon23 said:

Classy response, but I don't agree totally. 

Stop lowering your head.  Period.  The players that scream the loudest like Mike Mitchell are those that are most guilty.  Maybe Mitchell doesn't know how to play without lowering his head.  Tough shit.  Do it or quit.  Iloka is a class guy, but I find it very hard to believe that suddenly he starts lowering his helmet when that hasn't been a noticable part of his game for a long time.  Players like Mitchell and Iloka need to realize football is entertainment.  Players don't get to say what kind of entertainment they are going to show us.  The public dictates what they want to see.  Mitchell and Iloka also might also want to raise hell with the NFLPA and former players suing the NFL over CTE.  Show me a player with CTE that says these hits are OK.  Mitchell and Iloka will be singing a different tune in 30+ years. 

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Classy response, but I don't agree totally. 

Stop lowering your head.  Period.  The players that scream the loudest like Mike Mitchell are those that are most guilty.  Maybe Mitchell doesn't know how to play without lowering his head.  Tough shit.  Do it or quit.  Iloka is a class guy, but I find it very hard to believe that suddenly he starts lowering his helmet when that hasn't been a noticable part of his game for a long time.  Players like Mitchell and Iloka need to realize football is entertainment.  Players don't get to say what kind of entertainment they are going to show us.  The public dictates what they want to see.  Mitchell and Iloka also might also want to raise hell with the NFLPA and former players suing the NFL over CTE.  Show me a player with CTE that says these hits are OK.  Mitchell and Iloka will be singing a different tune in 30+ years. 

I never saw Shazier tackle like that at OSU.  Learned it in Pittsburgh.

17 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Stop lowering your head.  Period.

As a former coach, lowering your head is natural. We have to teach them to do things non-naturally.

It's like a marksman teaching himself not to flinch or close his eyes when he fires a gun. Big noise and flash - Your instinct is to close your eyes.

Same token - When you're going to make contact, it's natural for you to want to protect your delicate face with the tough top of your head. Evolution didn't really plan for us to start running at each other full speed for fun.

Now... Illoka targeted the BALL with his shoulder trying to separate the offensive player from the ball. That's what you teach. Was it his fault that the ball was up under AB's chin when that happened?

On the other - JuJu his Burfict on a crackback block. That's illegal no matter where you hit a guy. He targeted Burfict high because... Why? There's no ball to shake loose, and that's not how you teach players to block no matter what.

5 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

As a former coach, lowering your head is natural. We have to teach them to do things non-naturally.

No disputing any of this, but the head shots are not what people want to see.  Head injuries are a huge issue for the NFL and other sports leagues as well.  Mitchell, Iloka and their pals need to learn a little business 101.  They may want to play the game a certain way, but if they want to keep making the dollars they currently do they need to make changes. 

Archived