George Iloka

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Show me one clip of Burfict lowering his head and delivering a helmet-to-helmet hit like that.

Seriously?

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/1/10/10744478/vontaze-burfict-facing-suspension-helmet-to-helmet-antonio-brown-bengals-Stealers-nfl

Vontaze Burfict's decision to level Antonio Brown with a helmet-to-helmet hit in the closing minutes of Bengals vs. Stealers could have repercussions beyond costing Cincinnati a chance to advance in the NFL playoffs.

And since I know you're going to go there... The Steeler faithful have been all over twitter claiming that JuJu-B led with his shoulder. Everybody loves their own asshole.

9 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Seriously?

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/1/10/10744478/vontaze-burfict-facing-suspension-helmet-to-helmet-antonio-brown-bengals-Stealers-nfl

And since I know you're going to go there... The Steeler faithful have been all over twitter claiming that JuJu-B led with his shoulder. Everybody loves their own asshole.

I guess I am going to have to "go there" since you & those "Steeler faithful" (really?) are the only ones who don't know the difference between your head and your shoulder. 

Hint: Your head is the one with, hopefully, at least one good eye in it unlike those Steeler faithful after the combination of possum-hunting accident and terminal pink eye.  Open it, focus, and watch the Antonio Brown hit vs. JoJo Suckdick.  

Burfict is clearly leading with his shoulder.  JubJub Shitbreath is clearly not.  You and those "Steeler Faithful" are the only people (using the term loosely in the later case) or humanoids to dispute this.  Brown is also obviously flopping like Pau Gausol, as you'd know if you've ever seen another player concussed.  They crumple like a sack of spuds, they do not throw themselves into the air, arms flailing, and thrash around on the turf like a freshly-landed walleye.

You have to be trolling with this bullshit? You are, right? We can all have a laugh, that's great.

Otherwise.. IDK.  We finally have a mean SOB on defense like all these teams you constantly want to be more like, yet here you are standing on a chair & clutching your pearls because "ooh scary man".  I know he might seem too rough if his occupation was grooming your precious toy poodle Captain Gingersnaps, but he is in fact an NFL middle linebacker and not giving your granddaughter tap-dancing lessons.  We want him to be mean and play on edge. Maybe you'd be happier spending your Sunday straightening your doilies and cutting the crust off some cucumber sandwiches if you're really that upset by it?  No mustard though as that is clearly too spicy for you.

What I want to know is why there aren't at least 5 or 6 suspensions a week based on those suspension decisions. I don't want a bunch of suspensions, a lot of the helmet to helmet hits on receivers are just DBs trying to make a play and going to high, but would like to know why the suspensions are so isolated.  What about TJ Twatt on Hundley last week and countless others?

If I hear one more person around here (Pittsburgh region, not this board) or on the local talk radio say that JuJu's hit was "just a sports move" I'm going to lose my mind.

It's absolutely unreal how many people are defending this. I actually don't have a problem with the idiots essentially saying "well it was illegal, but we don't care fuck Burfict", because that's 100% how I feel about Iloka. How can you cry that it was "just a block" though? REALLY?

11 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

If I hear one more person around here (Pittsburgh region, not this board) or on the local talk radio say that JuJu's hit was "just a sports move" I'm going to lose my mind.

It's absolutely unreal how many people are defending this. I actually don't have a problem with the idiots essentially saying "well it was illegal, but we don't care fuck Burfict", because that's 100% how I feel about Iloka. How can you cry that it was "just a block" though? REALLY?

Same people that think a Bengal injured Shazier? Same people that think the Burfict hit in the playoff game was vicious and the Shazier hit on Gio was a sports move? 

Local sports media in Cincinnati tends to lean the other way. If anything, they're harder on the Bengals. Which is OK if they're objective. But it's funny how negative they are with the Bengals, but optimistic for the Reds. Even though they've had a lot less success in the last 15 years than the Bengals.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Burfict is clearly leading with his shoulder.

The NFL called it a helmet to helmet hit when they suspended him. But hey, I'm sure your unbiased view of the hit is more important than what the league office says.

If you want to call out the Stealers and not Burfict, you're just peddling a different brand of hypocrisy, and it nullifies anything you say after. Because if Burfict played for the Stealers, we'd be all torches and pitchforks and you know it. In a thread where the majority are cheering Illoka going at a guys head you don't have any moral standing left to complain about the other side.

23 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

The NFL called it a helmet to helmet hit when they suspended him. But hey, I'm sure your unbiased view of the hit is more important than what the league office says.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure as well.  I'm glad we can at least agree that "what the league office says" is bullshit.  

People are cheering Iloka going at a guy's head because it was a reaction to decades of abuse from a franchise that coaches their players to be cheapshot artists.  It's not something he does week in, week out, his entire career. I'm sure you can understand the difference.

34 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

People are cheering Iloka going at a guy's head because it was a reaction to decades of abuse from a franchise that coaches their players to be cheapshot artists.  It's not something he does week in, week out, his entire career. I'm sure you can understand the difference.

It's still wrong no matter how you rationalize it. 

If we're having an argument and you punch me in the face and I punch you back, one of us is clearly the bigger asshole IMO.

I used to be in the "rise above the cheapshots" camp too, but after January 9, 2016 I couldn't care less if every game against them from now on is an even bigger mess than Monday. I want to see our guys watching out for each other and taking care of business when needed. I don't think Jeremy Hill fit into our scheme very well, but the one reason I really liked the guy was his passion toward hating the Stealers.

I don't want to see Andy in a fucking prayer circle with those shitheads or Dre Kirk palling around with AB in the offseason. Fuck that. I want to see Iloka, Burfict, and Hill bust some heads. These guys aren't priests or lawyers, they're professionally trained football players and Pittsburgh is enemy #1. No, I don't want to see Iloka spearing some random dude on the Lions for no reason, but you're damn straight I want to see him hit AB many, many more times just like he did on Monday. Call me whatever names you'd like too, I don't give a fuck at this point. The WC game changed my perspective on this rivalry quite drastically.

57 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Is self-defense wrong?  That's pretty much how I see it.

So, now that Iloka head-shotted Brown its all over?  Ha.  Dumb.  It just continues the cycle.  All the while the Bengals are playing the Stealers game and continue to lose.  That's not self-defense.  That's revenge.  It never works. 

Your logic is so bad.  So, if your neighbor Joe kills your brother it's self defense to go kill his brother? 

39 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

I don't want to see Andy in a fucking prayer circle with those shitheads

You don't want Andy Dalton to show compassion for a fellow human being?

I get that you're mad dude, but you can't cheer our player doing something awful and then expect the other side not to feel entitled to the same.

I'm glad Dalton went over and prayed with them. It shows who the better people and team are. There are things more important than the score in any game.

27 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

So, now that Iloka head-shotted Brown its all over?  Ha.  Dumb.  It just continues the cycle.  All the while the Bengals are playing the Stealers game and continue to lose.  That's not self-defense.  That's revenge.  It never works. 

Your logic is so bad.  So, if your neighbor Joe kills your brother it's self defense to go kill his brother? 

Your concept of logic is so bad.  If my neighbor Joe comes over every Friday and beats the shit out of me or my brother, and every time I call the cops they say "that's just good ol' Joe, such a classy guy", and this goes on for years until I finally catch neighbor Joe taking out the trash and fuck him up?

Yes, that is self-defense.

Your idea that you should just go on getting your ass kicked indefinitely is what's fucked up here, honestly.  Somehow I doubt you possess this Gandhi-like commitment to nonviolence under any circumstance in real life.

31 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

1. You don't want Andy Dalton to show compassion for a fellow human being?

2. I get that you're mad dude, but you can't cheer our player doing something awful and then expect the other side not to feel entitled to the same.

3. I'm glad Dalton went over and prayed with them. It shows who the better people and team are. There are things more important than the score in any game.

1. Strawman argument. You're acting like the only way it's possible for Andy to show compassion is to join their little prayer circle. So he couldn't have just taken a knee and said a prayer somewhere near his own teammates? 

2. I absolutely can do that. In fact, I'm doing it right now. I don't believe there's any law or ruling against me doing this, so don't tell me what I "can't" do.

3. This isn't just us walking down the street or two guys fighting over who was in line first at the coffee shop my friend, we're talking about guys that signed up to participate in an extremely violent sport for my entertainment in exchange for a lot of cash. If you feel like you're better than another random dude on the internet because you're happy for Andy circle jerking the shitheads and I'm not, be my guest. FYI, the better team is the one that wins games (still not us), not the one who prays the hardest.

Everyone can feel as compassionate as they'd like and act like some sort of white knight for telling me how wrong I am. I could not care less. Fuck AB, fuck Bell, fuck Ben, fuck Shazier, fuck anyone even remotely associated with the Pittsburgh Stealers organization.

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

If we're having an argument and you punch me in the face and I punch you back, one of us is clearly the bigger asshole IMO.

I used to be in the "rise above the cheapshots" camp too, but after January 9, 2016 I couldn't care less if every game against them from now on is an even bigger mess than Monday. I want to see our guys watching out for each other and taking care of business when needed. I don't think Jeremy Hill fit into our scheme very well, but the one reason I really liked the guy was his passion toward hating the Stealers.

I don't want to see Andy in a fucking prayer circle with those shitheads or Dre Kirk palling around with AB in the offseason. Fuck that. I want to see Iloka, Burfict, and Hill bust some heads. These guys aren't priests or lawyers, they're professionally trained football players and Pittsburgh is enemy #1. No, I don't want to see Iloka spearing some random dude on the Lions for no reason, but you're damn straight I want to see him hit AB many, many more times just like he did on Monday. Call me whatever names you'd like too, I don't give a fuck at this point. The WC game changed my perspective on this rivalry quite drastically.

The WC game had a last straw element to it. It's hard not to feel like they literally stole our rings when that moronic, giant, tub of goo, von Oelhoffen "accidentally" rolled a little longer than usual into Carson Palmer, effectively snapping his leg. As a fan, all the cheap shots, the blown leads, the blown playoff opportunities, bullshit calls, and the non existent ability of the Marvin led Bengals to rectify these things take their toll. 

17 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

oh my geeerrrddddddddd!!!!!

the mouth breathers are going to go nuts

Hopefully they don't try to compare it with Smith-Schuster.  They might be able to if Schuster hadn't taunted the guy he just dirtied, but trying to equivocate what Iloka did with what Schuster or Gronk did is stupid.  Yeah, we probably all believe Iloka meant to hit AB in the helmet, but can anyone prove it?  Was the context of the moment outside the realm of "reasonable doubt"?  Nope.  First offense = fine.

I wish I had a dollar for every social media comment that's basically "wow and they still suspended JuJu for a legal shoulder to chest block??? FUCK THE NFL RAAAWWWRRRR"

There are a billion of them on any article about the reduced Iloka suspension. Check out some Pittsburgh news station FB pages if you want to get a good laugh.

Archived