Halftime Adjustment HORROR. Why Marvin must go

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

I'm guessing a new coach is going want his own staff, but I'm wondering if people think Lazor has shown enough to earn the OC job?

I sure hope not.  This requires a complete and total overhaul.  Marvin is the man in charge, but you simply have to factor in the OC for the complete and total ineptitude that we see in every single second half.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Are we not still last in the league in total offense? (Real question, I haven’t checked the stats yet.)

We are currently 22nd in points per game in the league.  Here is the kicker:

In the first quarter we are 14th and in the second quarter we are 11th.   It all goes to hell in the 2nd half. 

Defensively we are 11th overall in points allowed.  Here is where it gets interesting:

In the first half we are 13th in points allowed

In the second half we are 10th in points allowed.

So the defense actually plays a little better in the second half even though the offense is utter shit.  Defense is NOT THE PROBLEM.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I'm guessing a new coach is going want his own staff, but I'm wondering if people think Lazor has shown enough to earn the OC job?

Fire everyone. Complete rebuild. I don't know who coaches the Jaguars but I want a coach like that. After the Jags game I said something about how overly chippy the Jags seemed. That's what I want from the Bengals. There's no attitude on this team. No passion it seems. I want a coach that takes no shit that results in a team that takes none either. We had a coach like that once but he's in Minnesota now getting ready for the playoffs.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

We are currently 22nd in points per game in the league.  Here is the kicker:

In the first quarter we are 14th and in the second quarter we are 11th.   It all goes to hell in the 2nd half. 

Defensively we are 11th overall in points allowed.  Here is where it gets interesting:

In the first half we are 13th in points allowed

In the second half we are 10th in points allowed.

So the defense actually plays a little better in the second half even though the offense is utter shit.  Defense is NOT THE PROBLEM.

Imagine how much higher the defense would rank if the offense wasn't so... offensive.

Couldn't help myself...

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

Not only are we last, we are last by a wide margin.  Indy is second to last at 6.5,.we are at 5.9 points in the second half.  The Eagles score almost 10 points more per game in the second half than us. 

BTW, that site is awesome.  One stat I looked at was Rushing yards per attempt.  Stats go all the way back to 2003 conveniently.  The Bengals have, only once in 10 years, broken the top half in the league in Rushing yards per attempt.  10 years and only once? In most years we are in the 20s. 

Bloody hail no wonder they barely make the playoffs nor win when they do squeak in?

2 hours ago, whodey365 said:

Fire everyone. Complete rebuild. I don't know who coaches the Jaguars but I want a coach like that. After the Jags game I said something about how overly chippy the Jags seemed. That's what I want from the Bengals. There's no attitude on this team. No passion it seems. I want a coach that takes no shit that results in a team that takes none either. We had a coach like that once but he's in Minnesota now getting ready for the playoffs.

This.  This team needs a character transplant.  Kind of like if you find bed bugs.  You burn everything so there is no chance they come back.  Showing Pac Man the door is a good idea as well. 

9 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

This.  This team needs a character transplant.  Kind of like if you find bed bugs.  You burn everything so there is no chance they come back.  Showing Pac Man the door is a good idea as well. 

That's something we both agree on.

11 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Something tells me, after watching him hobbled so frequently this year and the seeming emergence of Jackson III, Jones will be on the outside looking in this offseason.

11 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I agree about needing a cultural shift. Mainly, I want a team that plays like they’ve been there already. Play fundamentally sound football for four quarters.

There were moment in the first half Monday when I saw that. Vontaze getting punked by LeVeon and not biting was great. 

Of course, I knew the second half would happen eventually. That’s when the pace of the beer increased.

14 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

So you think the team lacks passion but you want to get rid of one of the most passionate players we have???

Not gonna happen but...

I would like to see Marvin fired now (after the Giants game if they lose) to send a message.

Alexander to head coach.

Fire him at the end of the season and bring in someone new except Huge Jackson.

Vance Joseph has all the MikeandKatietangibles but doubt if that would happen.

It really sounds like Marvin won't be back. Haven't seen it mentioned, but did anybody catch what Gruden said just before the game started? It was something like Marvin is realizing it's maybe time to step away. Said Marvin said he was brought here to win championships and he's not getting the job done . Crossing fingers. Maybe Marvin can petition Gruden to come here. I really believe he would if Mike would ante up.

29 minutes ago, schotzee said:

It really sounds like Marvin won't be back. Haven't seen it mentioned, but did anybody catch what Gruden said just before the game started? It was something like Marvin is realizing it's maybe time to step away. Said Marvin said he was brought here to win championships and he's not getting the job done . Crossing fingers. Maybe Marvin can petition Gruden to come here. I really believe he would if Mike would ante up.

My guess for Gruden here or not will be less about the money and more about what "power" he would have.

Which probably means Gruden will not be here.

30 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Well Hue is out, the Browns fired Sashi Brown and said they're keeping Hue for 2018.

I have to say that's pretty ballsy (stupid?) when your coach might end up 1-31 in two seasons.

Dunno ... (respectfully) ... I just posted speculation in Montana's post in the Around the NFL forum that its possible that that is where

Marvin goes thus the reason for keeping Hue.

A lot of people around here think Marv would be a good personnel draft man and this would be like a date with Taylor Swift when her

hormoneometer is peaking in the red on "Horney" for him.

Possible this is already in the works because he really looks like he simply does not want to be here.

Let's see how he looks these last few games.

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

did anybody catch what Gruden said just before the game started

Did you hear what he said during the game.... "Yeah, my name comes up anytime there's a coaching vacancy, hahaha." Followed by him pretty much saying it wasn't going to happen.

Let's face it, we fire Marvin and it's Gunther or Hue/Jay Gruden if either is fired.

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Did you hear what he said during the game.... "Yeah, my name comes up anytime there's a coaching vacancy, hahaha." Followed by him pretty much saying it wasn't going to happen.

Let's face it, we fire Marvin and it's Gunther or Hue/Jay Gruden if either is fired.

Yeah I remember that too. All we can do is hope I guess. Maybe home state ties can lure him... :6:

3 hours ago, Jason said:

So you think the team lacks passion but you want to get rid of one of the most passionate players we have???

There is passion and there is dumb. Pacman is dumb.  Can you imagine the kind of shitshow Monday's game would have turned into if Pac was on the field?  No control, no filter, and now limited effectiveness.  It appears Burfict is trying to keep it under control.  A good coach can work with that.  Jones?  Pfffft.  

Archived