Week 10 - 1 rec, 8 yards, 0 TDs - 30% D snaps

Week 11 - 0 rec, yards, TDs - DNP

Week 12 - 1 rec, 8 yards, 0 TDs - 37% D snaps

Week 13 - 1 rec, 20 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT - 8% D snaps

34 targets on the year in coverage

4 missed tackles, 19 solo tackles

5 flags thrown on him, 4 accepted

6 punt returns, 131 yards

Very limited action returning + limiting his time at CB probably isn't worth the $6.6+M he's making next year. I'd like to see him back to be honest but they'd have to do something about the contract. He's still playing at a reasonably high level at times out there, but not sure the 2018 cap hit makes sense.

21 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I'd say there's a good chance Guenther is the next HC.

I'd be surprised TBH.... I know there is the whole Bengals past about promoting from within, but remember Mavin was an outside hire and he's the longest tenured Bengals coach in our history so.....

On 12/6/2017 at 10:06 AM, SF2 said:

I decided to check this out but only for this year. 

Here is a little bigger picture.

-In Marvins 14 full seasons as their head coach ('03-'16) the Bengals rank 14th in the league in points scored.  They have finished in the top 10 five times, and in the top half of the league 9 times.

-In third quarter scoring they rank 18th.  They have finished in the top 10 five times and in the top half of the league 8 times.

-In second half scoring they rank 20th.  They have finished in the top 10 five times and in the top half of the league 8 times.

These numbers seem to indicate that the Bengals do score slightly less in the third quarter and second half, but the difference is not very big at all.

On 12/6/2017 at 10:11 AM, omgdrdoom said:

This is just a bunch of bullshit reporter jargon.

On 12/6/2017 at 12:17 PM, SF2 said:

LOL, 2nd half points are sooo overrated. 

On 12/6/2017 at 12:21 PM, omgdrdoom said:

If an offensive coordinator repeated a play, we would come in and pay him anyway. We have yet to see one of those guys repeat a play.

edit - just in case people read this and get super confused, I've been quoting Marvin in this thread and this gem was his response to someone asking if teams make halftime adjustments. This was right before he called adjustments "journalistic jargon"

You guys don't get it.  What Marvin was saying is exactly what USN said he heard Pat Kirwan say.  Teams make adjustments all throughout the game, not just at halftime.  And the "adjustments" are not always to scheme or play calling.  Many times they are cleaning up problems with players' execution.

The fact is that if the Bengals were better in the second half then the same people squealing about "halftime adjustments" would be squealing about how Marvin sucked at "getting his team ready to start the game".

I am not claiming that Marvin is some master in-game tactician, but when you compare him to the rest of the coaches in the league he is not near as bad as many of you are claiming.  He is not at the top but he is not close to the bottom either.

To me a good measure for how a coach makes adjustments throughout a game is how many come-from-behind wins they have.  Over Marvin's tenure he again places dead middle of the pack (16th in league) in winning percentage in games where the Bengals trailed at some point.

Middle of the pack does not win championships. Marvin has to go.  But he is not as clueless about in-game adjustments as lots of fans claim.

19 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

You guys don't get it.  What Marvin was saying is exactly what USN said he heard Pat Kirwan say.  Teams make adjustments all throughout the game, not just at halftime.  And the "adjustments" are not always to scheme or play calling.  Many times they are cleaning up problems with players' execution.

The fact is that if the Bengals were better in the second half then the same people squealing about "halftime adjustments" would be squealing about how Marvin sucked at "getting his team ready to start the game".

I am not claiming that Marvin is some master in-game tactician, but when you compare him to the rest of the coaches in the league he is not near as bad as many of you are claiming.  He is not at the top but he is not close to the bottom either.

To me a good measure for how a coach makes adjustments throughout a game is how many come-from-behind wins they have.  Over Marvin's tenure he again places dead middle of the pack (16th in league) in winning percentage in games where the Bengals trailed at some point.

Middle of the pack does not win championships. Marvin has to go.  But he is not as clueless about in-game adjustments as lots of fans claim.

Two points.....

A lot of people that squeal about halftime adjustments is because of Marvin not getting the team ready to start the game.

And the issue is not that Marvin is a middle of the pack coach...but it's because he has been a middle of the pack coach for 15 years.

11 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

Two points.....

A lot of people that squeal about halftime adjustments is because of Marvin not getting the team ready to start the game.

And the issue is not that Marvin is a middle of the pack coach...but it's because he has been a middle of the pack coach for 15 years.

No offense but 

dont-feed-the-trolls.jpg

The worst team in 2nd half scoring in the NFL.  There's no argument to be made here, dude is just baiting. 

Only in Cincinati does a middle of the road coach who has never won a playoff game get to stay for 15 years. I dont care how well he did in 2005 when Carson was here. 

It's 2017 and this team still can't beat the Stealers.  John Cooper was far more successful than Marvin but his inability to beat Michigan doomed him.

Defending Marvin's record here is laughable. He failed.  Only a shit organization would consider winning a 4 team conference a successful season.  Most would simply call it a first step.  

Good fucking bye Marvin, the first few years were fun but the last 10 have been painful.

55 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

No offense but 

The worst team in 2nd half scoring in the NFL.  There's no argument to be made here, dude is just baiting. 

No offense but

Based on your logic Bill Belichick knows nothing about defense because the Patriots defense is ranked 28th in the league this year.

1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

From '03 through '16 only two teams in the league (GB, NE) outscored their opponents by more points in the first quarter than the Bengals (256).

33 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

No offense but

Based on your logic Bill Belichick knows nothing about defense because the Patriots defense is ranked 28th in the league this year.

The Patriots are ranked 3rd in points scored per game and 9th in points allowed per game.   Yards given up DON'T MEAN SHIT if your team can score quickly, score alot and limit how much the other team scores.  Guess what New England does??  They score and score quickly. They lead the league in First Half scoring.  6 more points in the first half than us,  11 points more per game.   

You do understand how football games are won and lost right?     There is a thing called a scoreboard, if your score is higher than the other teams when the game ends,..you win.

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The Patriots are ranked 3rd in points scored per game and 9th in points allowed per game.   Yards given up DON'T MEAN SHIT if your team can score and score QUICKLY.  Guess what New England does??  They score and score quickly. They lead the league in First Half scoring.  6 more points a game than us.  11 points more per game.   They are also in the top 10 in scoring defense but I know, you chose yards because it helped your bogus argument better.  

You do understand how football games are won and lost right?     There is a thing called a scoreboard, if your score is higher than the other teams when the game ends,..you win.

Okay, so you don't like the belichick example.  Maybe this one will sound more familiar to you.

"Based on your logic Nick Foles is one of the greatest QBs in the history of the NFL because he posted the third highest single season passer rating ever."

Instead of throwing around a bunch of red herrings why don't you address the point I was making?  It is silly to judge a player or coach by just one single season.

28 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

From '03 through '16 only two teams in the league (GB, NE) outscored their opponents by more points in the first quarter than the Bengals (256).

Form '03 through 2016 only one team reached the playoffs 7 times and never won a game,.. the Cincinnati Bengals. 

8 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Form '03 through 2016 only one team reached the playoffs 7 times and never won a game,.. the Cincinnati Bengals. 

So what is your point?

"The Bengals QBs should start throwing the ball with their feet instead of their hands"

"Why?"

"Because they have gone 0-7 in the playoffs.  This means that everything they do is wrong."

"That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard."

"0-7 throwing with their hands.  Stop being such a troll.  Only a troll would defend the Bengals continuing to throw the ball with their hands when they have gone 0-7 in the playoffs doing that."" 

17 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Okay, so you don't like the belichick example.  Maybe this one will sound more familiar to you.

"Based on your logic Nick Foles is one of the greatest QBs in the history of the NFL because he posted the third highest single season passer rating ever."

Instead of throwing around a bunch of red herrings why don't you address the point I was making?  It is silly to judge a player or coach by just one single season.

Lewis has FAILED here.   Period.  Your point is meaningless because you are defending a coach that has FAILED.  He didn't accomplish anything other than being better than Dave Shula, Coslet and LeBeau.   15 years and nothing to show for it unless you consider the 4 AFC North Titles worthy of praise.  You probably do.   

You want to know what he has accomplished?  He killed the fan base.  Tickets to the late season Monday night game against the Stealers last Monday with us still in contention were going for $45 on Stubhub.   You can get Bear's tickets this weekend on the field level right behind the bench for $53 dollars.  50 yardline upper deck seats, $19.    Every one of my son's friends say the same thing, the Bengals suck.  An entire generation of kids, my kids, want nothing to do with the Bengals.   Thanks Marvin.

5 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

So what is your point?

"The Bengals QBs should start throwing the ball with their feet instead of their hands"

"Why?"

"Because they have gone 0-7 in the playoffs.  This means that everything they do is wrong."

"That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard."

"0-7 throwing with their hands.  Stop being such a troll.  Only a troll would defend the Bengals continuing to throw the ball with their hands when they have gone 0-7 in the playoffs doing that."" 

You are the troll defending a failed coach and failed ownership team.  Jan 6, 1991.   If you bought a new car on that date you can now put HISTORICAL VEHICLE plates on it.    

Time to pull for the Vikings. 

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

An entire generation of kids, my kids, want nothing to do with the Bengals.   Thanks Marvin.

This is 100% bullshit.

You make the most over the top exaggerations I have ever heard..  There are people on here right now who were "a generation of kids" who grew up in the 90's when he Bengals were much much worse than they are right now.  And they still care about the Bengals.

Sounds like your kids will have a long happy life of rooting for what ever team happens to win the Super Bowl each year.  Nothing but a bunch of bandwagon babies who have no idea what it means to be a true fan of a team.

24 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

This is 100% bullshit.

You make the most over the top exaggerations I have ever heard..  There are people on here right now who were "a generation of kids" who grew up in the 90's when he Bengals were much much worse than they are right now.  And they still care about the Bengals.

Sounds like your kids will have a long happy life of rooting for what ever team happens to win the Super Bowl each year.  Nothing but a bunch of bandwagon babies who have no idea what it means to be a true fan of a team.

no, they are Saints fans because I grew up in New Orleans and we have family there.  And that generation you speak of have stopped going to games.  The stadium will be half empty this week.  That is where we are after 15 years of your love interest. 

No Fred, you are the one who continues to defend a failed coach.  Everyone outside of a few people in Cincinnati know Marvin Lewis failed here.  Being better than the last guy doesn't mean you succeeded except in your mind.

47 minutes ago, SF2 said:

No Fred, you are the one who continues to defend a failed coach.  Everyone outside of a few people in Cincinnati know Marvin Lewis failed here.  Being better than the last guy doesn't mean you succeeded except in your mind.

Again you fail to see the point.

I agree that Marvin has to go.  I even said that in my post.  All I am pointing out os that you are wrong when you claim he is the worst at in game adjustments.

whenever I prove you wrong you do the exact same thing.  Stop discussing the issue being debated and post your cut-and-paste "Marvin never won a playoff game" and act like that fact can be used to prove your point no matter how wrong you are.

"Marvin kills babies and drinks the blood of kittens"

"Uh, do you have any proof of this"

"He never won a playoff game.  Only a troll would argue that Marvin does not kill babies after he failed to win a playoff game here."

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

It's funny how this guy responds to my posts like I didn't put him on ignore months ago.  Sad troll is sad.

Funny how much this guy obsesses over my post while claiming that he is "ignoring" me.

"Let's see, how is the best way to ignore Fred?  I know,  I'll post comments that have nothing to do with Bengal football and instead are just about Fred's posts.  That'll show him how much I am ignoring him."

Seriously, everyone scroll back through this thread and find the last time T-dub made a post that was about Bengals football instead of me.

59 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Again you fail to see the point.

I agree that Marvin has to go.  I even said that in my post.  All I am pointing out os that you are wrong when you claim he is the worst at in game adjustments.

whenever I prove you wrong you do the exact same thing.  Stop discussing the issue being debated and post your cut-and-paste "Marvin never won a playoff game" and act like that fact can be used to prove your point no matter how wrong you are.

"Marvin kills babies and drinks the blood of kittens"

"Uh, do you have any proof of this"

"He never won a playoff game.  Only a troll would argue that Marvin does not kill babies after he failed to win a playoff game here."

He is the worst in in game adjustments this year,..his 15th.  I NEVER SAID he was the worst over the course of his career which I knew he wasn't, you decided to jump in and throw that out to prove he aint so bad.  It is the same shit with you every time.   You throw out statistics to disprove something I NEVER FUCKING SAID.  You do this bullshit all the time.   

He is a mediocre coach who was given 15 years to succeed and never did.   He failed.  Even he said he was hired to win championships.  He failed.    Nobody gives a shit that his team scored almost as many points as Green Bay and New England a few years ago.  New England is 10-2.  Green Bay is 6-6 and still has an outside shot to make the playoffs even without Aaron Rodgers the last 6 games.    

FAILURE.

16 hours ago, T-Dub said:

It's funny how this guy responds to my posts like I didn't put him on ignore months ago.  Sad troll is sad.

Oh no, bro.  You're missing half the fun.  I don't read them, just kind of skim and wait for the name calling and bring out the popcorn.  :popcorn:

Read, kind of, and don't respond to the taunts.

Quite amusing to see him produce stats to prove water is not wet.

And I do think of some who have been banned for less.  IMO

Maybe Today's the Day.

Archived