IR and Practice squads

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

Here is who we have on the Injury report so far this week. I would take any veteran who we know who they are and who is on this list and pop them on IR ASAP. Then start grabbing guys off other teams Practice squads for the last 4 games and carry them into the offseaon

I can see the geoff hobson article now.....

Bengals have -$2million in CAP due to signing 6 bums off of other teams practice squads. Will not bother to sign a single FA or retain any of their FA's, also they will be trading down from the #8 draft pick for to 2 2nd round draft picks because they don't have enough set aside for the rookie pool.

Do teams typically start IRing all of their good players to pluck PS players at this point of the year, or any point of the year for that matter? I don't think the really shitty teams even do this. I highly doubt Geno, Joe, Darqueze, Dre, etc wouldn't raise some hell if the team put them on season ending IR without them having a season ending injury.

This is kind of a weird thread lol

25 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Do teams typically start IRing all of their good players to pluck PS players at this point of the year, or any point of the year for that matter? I don't think the really shitty teams even do this. I highly doubt Geno, Joe, Darqueze, Dre, etc wouldn't raise some hell if the team put them on season ending IR without them having a season ending injury.

Gotta blow this thing up anyways.  

30 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

It's been done before, including by the Bengals a few years ago. We ended one season with something like 27 players on IR. 

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

It's been done before, including by the Bengals a few years ago. We ended one season with something like 27 players on IR. 

Which year are you talking about? I just looked at the past 10 years and I don't see anything like what you're talking about.

In 2010 and 2013 we had a lot of guys hurt, but we're talking broken feet, neck injuries, ACL, achilles, etc. etc. ya know, shit that you actually go to IR for. Weston is talking about taking guys with minor knee injuries and concussions that make guys take a week off and IRing them for some reason. This does not happen.

51 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Especially since the season is not over. We could win out and get some help. It's unlikely, but it's in the realm of possibility. Close enough to be ridiculous to totally concede.

As far as the injuries and concussion protocol, the Iloka suspension overturn is looking huge as far as just fielding a secondary if everybody on the injury list can't go.

31 minutes ago, mhfinks said:

Anyone tracking Nick Vigal to IR - I saw it on another site? Had not heard this one and couldn't find it anywhere. Rumors?

As of two days ago

Once again to clarify: Nick Vigil NOT to IR for #Bengals They made a call to wait on that.

On 12/7/2017 at 5:00 PM, MichaelWeston said:

Your post made me think...I'd grab every OL that scouts thought might have an NFL future and give them a shot.  Potentially find a guy to save a pick.  I'd also be all about Aguayo cuz the talent is there but it is all mental.  Simmons has a good track record turning kickers around for a few years.  This wouldn't be an issue if our team wasn't retarded and kept the more talented kicker. :(

On 12/8/2017 at 8:09 AM, omgdrdoom said:

Once the season is out of reach they absolutely put people on IR who might be able to come back but they have nothing to prove and don't want to risk further injury. This isn't people who aren't injured. It's guys who are hurt but might not be the typical season ender. A guy like Vigil, if he were a veteran makes perfect sense. At this point he needs more snaps. We are out of the playoff hunt. For the long term I think stealing some guys off other teams PS makes sense. Now they don't have to sign, so doing it early makes more sense. But with 3 games left I would bet a guy would rather play then sit. Then we retain rights for summer. 

6 hours ago, fredtoast said:

We would sign guys off our own practice squad to the active roster before looking at guys on other teams PS.

And players from other teams PS can not be brought here to fill holes on our own PS.

The second part is true. But why do the first part? Unless someone else is nabbing them. The point would be to gain the rights to more young players. 

Roberto Aguayo cut from Panthers’ practice squad

Posted by Michael David Smith 

Roberto Aguayo is once again out of work.

Aguayo, the kicker who was a major bust as a second-round pick of the Buccaneers last year, was cut from the Panthers’ practice squad today. Carolina was Aguayo’s third stop this year, having also spent three weeks in Chicago during the preseason after getting cut in Bucs camp.

The Panthers represented a third chance for the 23-year-old Aguayo after he was a disaster as a rookie for the Buccaneers. It remains to be seen whether he gets a fourth chance.

Carolina also released running back Jalen Simmons from the practice squad and added tight end Kent Taylor and wide receiver Rasheed Bailey to the practice squad.

Pick up for our practice squad?  Competition for Randy in training camp and a bit of insurance if Randy goes down.  I think he would be worth it just to kick the tires.

On 12/8/2017 at 8:45 AM, omgdrdoom said:

Which year are you talking about? I just looked at the past 10 years and I don't see anything like what you're talking about.

In 2010 and 2013 we had a lot of guys hurt, but we're talking broken feet, neck injuries, ACL, achilles, etc. etc. ya know, shit that you actually go to IR for. Weston is talking about taking guys with minor knee injuries and concussions that make guys take a week off and IRing them for some reason. This does not happen.

A look at all of the recent additions. Some I am quite excited about. 

1. T Justin Murray 6-5 304 Cincinnati

--Was on the Broncos PS all of 2016, then on the Bucs PS until November, Then added to the Saints PS in December, then to our Roster

2. T Javarius Leamon 6-7 333 SC State

--Added to the practice squad. 

--http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/javarius-leamon?id=2558268

3. G Oni Omoile 6-2 310 Iowa St

--He is an African Prince! http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/A-Familar-Face-Oni-Omoile-Joins-Cousin-In-Silver-And-Black/828feafa-99bc-4241-9dc4-ed25432f0c84

--Kelechi Osemele's cousin. 

4. LB Connor Harris 5-11 242 Lindenwood

--Love this guy. I am very hopeful that he is given a contract for camp. You will love him too

--http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/connor-harris?id=2557852

--

--

Archived