Billy price is how we make the playoffs next year.

9 hours ago, Jpoore said:

Nelson isn't even the best guard. Hernandez is. Why not trade down get a extra second? Hell we could even go price then use those 2 seconds to trade back up into the first and get Martina's Rankin Connor Williams or will hernandez. Ot next year is insanely deep just like interior oline this year is. Go interior this year tackle next year.and Hernandez in the early second much much better value than Nelson at 9.

Bro seriously you need to calm down with the crazy trade mocks lol just assume we're going to pick with the picks we have because trading down and back up then down and back up over and over and over is a lot easier said than done.

If you think this team is 1 lineman away from being a playoff contender then I'm afraid I have some really bad news for you when you come back to reality.

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

Bro seriously you need to calm down with the crazy trade mocks

That's his "thing". Between that and wild claims that Oliver Dipthong out of University of Middle Delaware is a greater prospect than Peyton Manning on uppers, it's 99% of his post history. Why you trying to crush a bro's flow, bro? Take that away from him and what is left?

You go JPoore, you say whatever crazy shit you want to and don't let the bastards grind you down. If you want to say we're going to trade our second round pick for both of the Browns first rounders, go for it. Dance like nobody's watching and love like you've never been hurt. You could be nobody in heaven, or you can be a star in hell. Let your freak flag of questionable reasoning rise high over the plains.

15 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Take that away from him and what is left?

Saying that some of our decent players are the absolute worst in the league and that some other mediocre players are "top 7" (whatever the fuck that means). I think that's about all that would be left :lol:

My favorite kind of message board fan is also one of the most frustrating when you try to actually talk to them. Everything is an extreme, every player is "elite" or "trash". Every mock has 7 trades in it. Every mock is somehow ending up with 7 of the 50 top prospects in it. We should sign every big name free agent. We're going to win every Super Bowl if we just use our injured first round pick "the right way". We're always 1 obscure player away from winning all the games.

I love it. I'd be so bummed if guys like that didn't post on message boards anymore.

10 hours ago, Madieu Superstar said:

But MB does not really value the interior of the line.

MB used a first round pick on Zeitler and has paid guys like Boling and Bobbie Williams pretty well.

There are lots of other teams out there who would not have kept Zeitler if it meant paying $60 million with $30 million guaranteed.  Same when we let Steinbach leave in free agency.  Both of those guys were very good, but not worth what the Browns paid them.

13 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

MB used a first round pick on Zeitler and has paid guys like Boling and Bobbie Williams pretty well.

There are lots of other teams out there who would not have kept Zeitler if it meant paying $60 million with $30 million guaranteed.  Same when we let Steinbach leave in free agency.  Both of those guys were very good, but not worth what the Browns paid them.

The proof is in the pudding. Why use a first round pick on a guard if you have no interest in signing him to a second contract? The Stealers used high picks on both Pouncey and DeCastro and signed them both to lucrative contract extensions. 2 interior lineman at the same time. 

23 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

The proof is in the pudding. Why use a first round pick on a guard if you have no interest in signing him to a second contract? The Stealers used high picks on both Pouncey and DeCastro and signed them both to lucrative contract extensions. 2 interior lineman at the same time. 

The Bengals DID have interest in signing Zeitler to a second contract, but the Browns offered him $10 million more than DeCastro got and $15 million more than Pouncy.  Zeitler's $30 million guaranteed was more than Pouncy and DeCastro got COMBINED.

I liked Zeitler a lot, but the only way the Browns can get a free agent is to grossly overpay him.  Eric just was not worth that much.

On 12/12/2017 at 7:32 AM, omgdrdoom said:

Bro seriously you need to calm down with the crazy trade mocks lol just assume we're going to pick with the picks we have because trading down and back up then down and back up over and over and over is a lot easier said than done.

If you think this team is 1 lineman away from being a playoff contender then I'm afraid I have some really bad news for you when you come back to reality.

This team is 5 lineman away from having a good oline. And yes it's a lot easier to trade down than to trade up. But if they're only considering Nelson or trading down, I'm trading down to grab price. Hell I'd take price at 9. And while we need ot, getting price and Hernandez would give us a really good interior oline. And I'm working on corralling my crazy trade mocks, even though that specific one was only 2. We tried to do 2 last year and did an additional one so it's not crazy. But long story short if it's between Nelson and rice I'm going price bc I don't believe there is any difference between Hernandez and Nelson.

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Just you wait, we're going to trade AJ McCarron and our 7th round pick for the Brown's entire draft.... Muhahahahaha!

Don't tell Go that! McCarron is, unlike our current quarterback, a Leader That Would Never Shit His Pants Late In The Game™

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Just you wait, we're going to trade AJ McCarron and our 7th round pick for the Brown's entire draft.... Muhahahahaha!

The Browns would probably forget to e mail the confirmation and fuck that up, too, or the Bengals would turn it down because the never trade draft choices.

3 hours ago, GoBengals said:

yea the 3rd best overall center in the draft is def the key to success.

On what planet is he the third best? Hes the next 10-12 year multiple time pro bowler. Everyone has him as the best center in the draft. And if he came out as a guard he'd be the number 2 guard in the draft. Oh so the best and second best at multiple positions in the draft is in no help to the oline? Come on.

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Just like John Ross... The greatest WR prospect EVER!

If you think he's a 10 year pro-bowler, I can only assume he's going to pull a hammy in training camp trying to use a squatty potty.

:lol:

I mean that's great to be hyped on some rookie talent but these guys are good prospects at best.  Neither one has done shit at the NFL level (fumble and weird IR moves aside)

3 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Just like John Ross... The greatest WR prospect EVER!

If you think he's a 10 year pro-bowler, I can only assume he's going to pull a hammy in training camp trying to use a squatty potty.

I never wanted Ross. But he's showed in practice that he was destroying our top cbs, but yet we didn't play him? He's so much better than Mangold was coming out.

Archived