Considering the level of competition....

Today was one of the worst performances by the Bengals in a long long time.

-It was the worst home loss in almost a decade, since the Ravens beat us 34-3 on November 30, 2008.

-Bears were 3-9 with the worst offense in the league (32nd yards, 30th points).

-They did not just beat us.  They totally dominated us.  They had over twice as many yards (482-234) and first downs (29-14).

36 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Today was one of the worst performances by the Bengals in a long long time.

-It was the worst home loss in almost a decade, since the Ravens beat us 34-3 on November 30, 2008.

-Bears were 3-9 with the worst offense in the league (32nd yards, 30th points).

-They did not just beat us.  They totally dominated us.  They had over twice as many yards (482-234) and first downs (29-14).

It was absolutely a let down.  The performance on the field was an embarrassment.  

17 minutes ago, Gary said:

They gave up after the loss last week.. If they had won last week they most likely would have won today. 

Let's start anew with McCarron at the helm.. I would rather keep him than Dalton at this point. 

I dont know about that but McCarron certainly deserves playing time at this point.

34 minutes ago, Gary said:

They gave up after the loss last week.. If they had won last week they most likely would have won today. 

Let's start anew with McCarron at the helm.. I would rather keep him than Dalton at this point. 

15 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I dont know about that but McCarron certainly deserves playing time at this point.

Why? 

I mean besides the obvious Bengals suck so who cares?

11 hours ago, Jason said:

As Lapham would say, coffin nails.

For ML's tenure.

He is not going anywhere. Haven't you guys learned by now?  With that said, I am not spending any more time or money on this team until they make major coaching changes. I'm serious. I did it with the reds. If they want me to watch, they need to give me a team worth watching. Both of them. It's not a fair weather thing. I'll always be a fan of both teams. I'm just not going to watch the crap that either team is running out there.

13 hours ago, Gary said:

Why do you want to keep a QB who is not as good as Dalton?

You one of those guys who loves to complain more than win?

4 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Nomination for drama queen of the week.

Nah. There's not much of a reason for some of us to believe Marvin is gone until he's actually gone.

Of course this year looks like the most likely to see ML retire/go elsewhere, but I also said that in 2010, 2013, 2015.........

I don't need any stats on Marvin's contract or whatever either. Just the fact remains that a lot of us thought he would have been shitcanned a bunch of other times and he never is.

54 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Nah. There's not much of a reason for some of us to believe Marvin is gone until he's actually gone.

Of course this year looks like the most likely to see ML retire/go elsewhere, but I also said that in 2010, 2013, 2015.........

I don't need any stats on Marvin's contract or whatever either. Just the fact remains that a lot of us thought he would have been shitcanned a bunch of other times and he never is.

I think he's over it, only reason I expect him to be gone next season.  Definitely not because Redeemer has any kind of standards or expectations.  

Have to wonder what this team would look like without NFL matching funds.  Or what city it would be in, for that matter.  I think the subsidy for poorer teams gives the NFL an excuse to shit on them, but that's a different topic.

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

Nomination for drama queen of the week.

That didn't even make any sense. I was just stating the obvious. Like doom alluded to, he's been re-upped after worse seasons. But I still accept the nomination. I never win anything.

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

If he doesn't get canned now, as in this week,  there's no reason to think he will be. This is the perfect time for MB to make a statement and win some fan support.

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

Just the fact remains that a lot of us thought he would have been shitcanned a bunch of other times and he never is.

As far as I know this is the only time he has not been offered an extension before the season started..  So this year is different.

Archived