Make the punishment fit the crime

Here's a thought.....when you have a punk ass cheap shot that puts a player in concussion protocol (like Burfict still is) maybe the intentional offender (asshat JuJu) should remain suspended until said player returns.

Not that it really matters at this point, but, we're going to get killed on Sunday with 3 starting linebackers out.

20 minutes ago, HOF dan said:

Here's a thought.....when you have a punk ass cheap shot that puts a player in concussion protocol (like Burfict still is) maybe the intentional offender (asshat JuJu) should remain suspended until said player returns.

Not that it really matters at this point, but, we're going to get killed on Sunday with 3 starting linebackers out.

Agreed.  It has become clear to me that hitting offending players with a fine has become a joke.   "Touchdown Brown will pay his fine... "  I might go further and state  "...should remain suspended AT LEAST until said player returns."  AND include a game check for every game they are sat down.

I know the above will never happen but it is at least a solution to SOME of the offending hits. 

2 hours ago, Numbers said:

Agreed.  It has become clear to me that hitting offending players with a fine has become a joke.   "Touchdown Brown will pay his fine... "  I might go further and state  "...should remain suspended AT LEAST until said player returns."  AND include a game check for every game they are sat down.

I think they'd lose the game check anyway by virtue of not playing.   Doesn't the NHL do something like this?  Sounds pretty reasonable to me, but the NFL's issue is not with punishment but with selective enforcement.  So many fouls go uncalled.  It's like how the refs say "we could call holding on every play" - so why don't you? Either call it or get rid of the rule entirely. Leaving it up to their discretion is just asking for trouble.

Of course, all of this assumes the current NFL actually wants clear rules & a level playing field.

13 hours ago, HOF dan said:

Here's a thought.....when you have a punk ass cheap shot that puts a player in concussion protocol (like Burfict still is) maybe the intentional offender (asshat JuJu) should remain suspended until said player returns unless the offending player causing the injury is a Patriot or Steeler.

fixt

Archived