John Ross - PLOT TWIST

Interesting. On one hand, a dozen or so practice snaps doesn't determine how good (or not) a player is, so there's a lot being left out of the equation here. On the other hand, Ross actually looks good in these clips so it's at least another piece to the puzzle from the fan perspective.

The consensus from the place where I got this from is that the John Ross situation is all Marvin's fault because he's dumb and sucks, but I still have to believe there's more to it than that. I'm not Marvin's biggest fan but I just can't blame him for this whole ordeal regardless of a video surfacing with Ross playing well at practice sometimes.

https://streamable.com/h6tu2

Hmmmm.......he certainly does look pretty good in those clips. Let's just hope it was nothing more than the injury bug this year (along with a little Marvin Lewis doghouse - which pisses me off) and we end up with the deep threat we had hoped for.

This season sucks dammit!

How did they get this?

pretty cool stuff.

I can’t gauge anything from this stuff, as im not a scout, but I’ve never believed that he’s a bust at this point. 

Does anyone here believe that if healthy and playing under someone like Sean Mcvay, he still wouldn’t succeed?

we have to face the fact that there are complete idiots coaching these players at this point.

hopefully someone competent comes in and evaluated these guys with a fresh (and smart) set of eyes. 

24 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

we have to face the fact that there are complete idiots coaching these players at this point.

hopefully someone competent comes in and evaluated these guys with a fresh (and smart) set of eyes. 

Even better, let's try them all out at TE

28 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

James Urban is one of the best positions coaches on the team.

He got more out of Brandon LaFell than anyone here thought he would.

He got 54 catches out of a rookie second round pick (Boyd) last year.

He developed a third round pick (Sanu) and a 5th round pick (Jones) into two of the highest paid free agent WRs on the market.

He got the only 50 reception season out of Jerome Simpson in his 7 year 3 team NFL career.

2 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Interesting. On one hand, a dozen or so practice snaps doesn't determine how good (or not) a player is, so there's a lot being left out of the equation here. On the other hand, Ross actually looks good in these clips so it's at least another piece to the puzzle from the fan perspective.

The consensus from the place where I got this from is that the John Ross situation is all Marvin's fault because he's dumb and sucks, but I still have to believe there's more to it than that. I'm not Marvin's biggest fan but I just can't blame him for this whole ordeal regardless of a video surfacing with Ross playing well at practice sometimes.

When discussing his "hidden" injury, Ross said he hadn't been able to sleep for weeks. I'm guessing it's more abut being mentally alert and knowing the playbook that how fast he can run with a bad shoulder.

39 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Does anyone here believe that if healthy and playing under someone like Sean Mcvay, he still wouldn’t succeed?

Last year when McVay was OC for the Redskins they used a first round pick on WR Josh Doctson and he only had 2 receptions all year.

This year with the Rams McVay has Tavon Austin who was a higher draft pick (#8 in 2013) than Ross and he only has 10 catches despite playing in every game.

So a guy with a bad shoulder can run some routes in practice in non-contact drills and that proves that Marvin would rather lose and damage his own record and reputation than play a healthy John Ross?

This is some of the craziest shit I have ever heard.

17 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Last year when McVay was OC for the Redskins they used a first round pick on WR Josh Doctson and he only had 2 receptions all year.

This year with the Rams McVay has Tavon Austin who was a higher draft pick (#8 in 2013) than Ross and he only has 10 catches despite playing in every game.

Which brings us back to my point.  High first round picks at  WR who don't have good rookie years rarely amount to much.  The Rams have tried everything to get the 4.34 running Austin into the game to include using him as a tailback.   Guy just isn't a very good NFL football player.  Doctson was the 22nd pick but he isn't very good either. 

Ross didn't play this year because he just isn't very good. 

3 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

welll with an unbiased logical conclusion like "marvins dumb and sucks" how could anyone think anything differently...

he has a long history of bad WR draft picks... aj green - sucks, marvin jones - sucks, mohamed sanu - sucks, yep.. marvin is dumb and he sucks..

killer analysis.

43 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Ross didn't play this year because he just isn't very good. 

But is he just not very good because of injuries?  That is the question.

If I understand it correctly this thread is about Ross being healthy and good but just kept on the bench because Marvin likes to lose and make himself look bad.

8 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

But is he just not very good because of injuries?  That is the question.

If I understand it correctly this thread is about Ross being healthy and good but just kept on the bench because Marvin likes to lose and make himself look bad.

That's pretty much what everyone is saying on Reddit. Apparently this video was "proof" for a lot of people to confirm their previous thoughts on the matter.

IMO I just don't think John Ross is very good at playing football at the NFL level, at least yet, and the coaches saw more negatives than positives at practice. It's interesting to see some of those video clips coming from practices for our more recent games though. You have to wonder what all there is to the whole healthy scratch ordeal for the #9 overall pick.

2 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

The video source is from John Ross BTW, for anyone missing that part of this. He supposedly posted this somewhere on the interwebz.

WTF?  That seems weird.  Maybe I'm missing something here but dude is starting to sound like a bit of a headcase. 

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

WTF?  That seems weird.  Maybe I'm missing something here but dude is starting to sound like a bit of a headcase. 

Yeah, what the hell was the point then? "After hiding this injury for months and being put on the IR, I'm going to thumb my nose at the entire Org by showing how well I ran around in sweatpants during non-contact drills. Now, excuse me while I pick out 4 plays that look good." And we respond by going "Hey, he looked good for 4 whole plays in practice, Marvin is a dumb ass!"

Xanax.jpg

1 minute ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Look at the caption...

Yep. The software and access to this obviously points to this being Ross posting it, I can't see a reason anyone else involved with the organization would post it lol

This is good stuff.

3 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Yep. The software and access to this obviously points to this being Ross posting it, I can't see a reason anyone else involved with the organization would post it lol

This is good stuff.

"Healthy Scratch" in quotes? This is him trying to show up the Org via social media.

Not a good look.

1 minute ago, LostInDaJungle said:

"Healthy Scratch" in quotes? This is him trying to show up the Org via social media.

Not a good look.

Yeah I guess people are saying that he posted this on his snapchat yesterday (last night?). So yep, looks like we took the right guy with our premium draft choice!

Archived