does the site crash at all or often? any issues?

And just got it again when I submitted that post.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@forum.go-bengals.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

37 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

image.thumb.png.ae039f42fc92c2615730acf85da3253a.png

Indeed you do... We have our own digital signage platform that I've developed over the last few years.

No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor

Nice!  So you use web frameworks for that stuff?  That's pretty cool.  Guess I always assumed that was done by just plopping some cleverly edited videos to an output.  

I develop a bridge inspection software package.  Up to this point it's mostly been web with angular, but they asked me to lead the development of a mobile app a few months ago.  There's some rumors of us getting into some 3D modeling in the future, too.  

Just now, PutWittyNameHere said:

Nice!  So you use web frameworks for that stuff?  That's pretty cool.  Guess I always assumed that was done by just plopping some cleverly edited videos to an output.  

I develop a bridge inspection software package.  Up to this point it's mostly been web with angular, but they asked me to lead the development of a mobile app a few months ago.  There's some rumors of us getting into some 3D modeling in the future, too.  

First of all, we are one of the first sign companies to go cloud based. Older systems require an app on a PC with a direct connection, a USB dongle... It comes down to the sign tech. We use synchronous signs, so it's basically a giant monitor. Older tech works as you describe. Our software is designed for large malls and allows distributed access to content creation and scheduling so one property manager isn't required to manage advertising for 100+ tenants. Next phase is creating an ad network where we can get Pepsi to pay to be on X number of displays.... Then I can go to the mall owner and say "I'll drop this on your street corner for free and make my money off selling 25% of your time to Pepsi."

We have a website that allows people to create and schedule content, and that's an AngularJS frontend/PHP Backend. We then have a NodeJS player compiled in Electron that retrieves the data and runs the schedule. There's an Industrial PC attached to the sign. We also have Arduino PLC's for environmental monitoring, etc... We passed the Million lines of code thing back in October. (And as the sole programmer... Damn that's a lot of typing)

If you look at the desk photos... You can see the sending card with a DVI input. The signal is then sent to a receiving card via Cat5. After that, it's a basic Schmitt trigger and serial signal that drives the LED's. We have the signs built in China to our exact specifications.

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Yeah, I used to work for [redacted] many years ago. I wish the taxpayers would quit trying to hire me back!

Have you done anything with D3.JS and Greensock? Data visualization + animation is fun!

Not heard of Greensock, so no.

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

https://greensock.com/

Greensock animation platform. We use it for animations and transitions within our website. It also works with D3.

http://andyshora.com/tweening-shapes-paths-d3-js.html

Open Source? You know how the Gov is about paying for anything..... I was happy when we transferred from Aptana to Rubymine. Night and Day difference.

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

Open Source? You know how the Gov is about paying for anything..... I was happy when we transferred from Aptana to Rubymine. Night and Day difference.

Yep, OSS.

Aptana.... Jesus. I haven't heard that name in a long time. 

I've been very impressed with VS Code (free) for Electron apps. Looking to migrate from PHP Storm as time goes on and I do less and less in PHP and VS Code keeps getting better.

1 minute ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Yep, OSS.

Aptana.... Jesus. I haven't heard that name in a long time. 

I've been very impressed with VS Code (free) for Electron apps. Looking to migrate from PHP Storm as time goes on and I do less and less in PHP and VS Code keeps getting better.

Nice. I will have to check it out. I know my shop is about to do alot of D3 in 2018 so this may help.

Archived