does the site crash at all or often? any issues?

23 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I blame Andy Dalton

:ninja:

TBH I don't know but it always seems to resolve itself shortly.  

I only saw it when posting. Looked like there was some error being thrown on the server when the “Submit Reply” button is hit. But doesn’t happen every time. Thinking back, maybe only difference is that it only happened when quoting someone, but that could be coincidence too. 

5 minutes ago, PutWittyNameHere said:

I only saw it when posting. Looked like there was some error being thrown on the server when the “Submit Reply” button is hit.

Yeah same, but refreshing the thread right after seems to kick the same error.  Minute or two later it's back to normal.

ive had and seen similar issues in the past... but not sure of the cause...

also eboundhost support is pissing me off...

ive been in a pretty bad mood for the last week+... i need some rest and shit.. work is busy, awesome but busy, kids ahve basketball practice 4 nights a week then games 2 times a week, i take them to all of that stuff.. cat stuff was brutal on top of it all...

oldest is 12 and discovering girls and all that shit.. he has some douche friends as well, so parenting has been kicked into high gear... elementary school is like parenting cruise control... its great stuff...

ill see what i can find and still working on the app functionality too... obviously forums are a dying breed and the app helps cotninue it on... the facebook group only has like 200 of us... and twitter has about 800 follwwers... so just trying to keep up somewhat with the times... awesome people here...

ill deal with this more tonight or tomorrow probably..

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

any of you nerds know why the 500 errors keep happening?

Check your php error logs. (cPanel -> Metrics -> Errors)

500 error means something screwed up on the server. I see the errors on days when the posting volume is high, so your MySql server might be getting hit hard. You can ease that burden by indexing your tables.

And FWIW, I use eboundhost and have been happy with them.

Feel free to PM me anything you find and I'll do my best.

18 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

ive been in a pretty bad mood for the last week+... i need some rest and shit.. work is busy, awesome but busy, kids ahve basketball practice 4 nights a week then games 2 times a week, i take them to all of that stuff.. cat stuff was brutal on top of it all...

oldest is 12 and discovering girls and all that shit.. he has some douche friends as well, so parenting has been kicked into high gear... elementary school is like parenting cruise control... its great stuff...

ill see what i can find and still working on the app functionality too... obviously forums are a dying breed and the app helps cotninue it on... the facebook group only has like 200 of us... and twitter has about 800 follwwers... so just trying to keep up somewhat with the times... awesome people here...

Don't sweat it too much dude it's not like it's taking the board down even, just a hiccup that lasts 5 minutes tops.  Clearly you have more important shit on your mind.  We'll all be fine here until you get around to it.

Zki6LEk.gif

5 hours ago, GoBengals said:

Delegate, man. Got some smart folks right here in this thread. Sure they’d be willing to lend a helping hand. 

Hell, I’d be willing to help, as taboo as that sounds. I’m a fan of a rival and all, but I like these boards, and definitely want to see them continue on.  

3 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I get ...

You are only allowed to upload 10.24kb.

and using the same gifs I have used before.  Not sure what's up but hope it can be corrected.  The popcorn is piling up here at Chateau Harry.

Maybe your ISP?  It's the gd net neutrality dude

Oh wait, I'm not uploading shit I just hotlink it right into the page

18 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

500 error means something screwed up on the server. I see the errors on days when the posting volume is high, so your MySql server might be getting hit hard. You can ease that burden by indexing your tables.

ebound host cost wise is great, their support is very spotty IMO, i shot them a ticket sas they reissues the SSL certs for all domains, but the add on domains werent being covered on the SSL ports for email. so trying to setup some add on domains email account on my phone, it would kick back "SSL Error: certificate is self signed" ... so i did the screen shot of the error and all the details, now in gmail when it errors, it resets the settings to defaults, so it showed port 110 on the screen shot.. the purpose of the screen shot was the error code. they responded "the ssl certificate is not served on that port, it will likely be port 993 or 995."

so i replied, and said what i said above about it being defaults and i submitted with proper port, etc. and so i put the settings in place and took another screen shot to prove i was just stupid, i also attached a screen shot of the "configure client" from cpanel.

to which they responded: "port 110 isnt a port for SSL connection, you can use the email settings in cpanel to get the proper settings, also ensure you are using the proper password"

which, you know, is what i screen shotted to them...

so i replied... "it works without SSL, so i know the info is correct...thats not the issue. i still have the original issue here"

to which they replied "if thats a suitable resolution for you i guess you are all set?"

so i gave up... ill try again later.... im already grumpy and stressed out with stuff that matters, so i didnt need to waste any more time/effort on that...

i mean SSL error literally isnt even a possible error if i was submitting using port 110. i feel like that dude knows less than i do about servers which is absolutely terrifying..

On 12/16/2017 at 12:28 AM, LostInDaJungle said:

Yeah, the site is on a shared (VPS) server, so it's likely getting overloaded. Either this site or another one hosted on the same box is tanking MySQL or pegging the CPU cores... 

18 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I get ...

You are only allowed to upload 10.24kb.

and using the same gifs I have used before.  Not sure what's up but hope it can be corrected.  The popcorn is piling up here at Chateau Harry.

You've used all of your attachment quota:

image.png

The limit is a global user setting (I think), but I'll see if there's any way to increase it on a per-user basis... 

***ETA***

Luckily you're in a special (and small) group, so I upped the limit for the members in that group. Give it a shot when you have a moment and let me know. 

Archived