does the site crash at all or often? any issues?

2 hours ago, Elflocko said:

You've used all of your attachment quota:

image.png

The limit is a global user setting (I think), but I'll see if there's any way to increase it on a per-user basis... 

***ETA***

Luckily you're in a special (and small) group, so I upped the limit for the members in that group. Give it a shot when you have a moment and let me know. 

tumblr_mcx8evjGRt1qedb29o1_500.gif

It worked!!!  Thanks a lot!  I can't believe I used up my quota of animated attachments.:ninja:

And I know zero about computers.

BTW, the title of the artwork above is "Waiting for Fred".

j/k. Fred 1/2 :ninja:

21 hours ago, GoBengals said:

ebound host cost wise is great, their support is very spotty IMO, i shot them a ticket sas they reissues the SSL certs for all domains, but the add on domains werent being covered on the SSL ports for email. so trying to setup some add on domains email account on my phone, it would kick back "SSL Error: certificate is self signed" ... so i did the screen shot of the error and all the details, now in gmail when it errors, it resets the settings to defaults, so it showed port 110 on the screen shot.. the purpose of the screen shot was the error code. they responded "the ssl certificate is not served on that port, it will likely be port 993 or 995."

so i replied, and said what i said above about it being defaults and i submitted with proper port, etc. and so i put the settings in place and took another screen shot to prove i was just stupid, i also attached a screen shot of the "configure client" from cpanel.

to which they responded: "port 110 isnt a port for SSL connection, you can use the email settings in cpanel to get the proper settings, also ensure you are using the proper password"

which, you know, is what i screen shotted to them...

so i replied... "it works without SSL, so i know the info is correct...thats not the issue. i still have the original issue here"

to which they replied "if thats a suitable resolution for you i guess you are all set?"

so i gave up... ill try again later.... im already grumpy and stressed out with stuff that matters, so i didnt need to waste any more time/effort on that...

i mean SSL error literally isnt even a possible error if i was submitting using port 110. i feel like that dude knows less than i do about servers which is absolutely terrifying..

Sorry to hear it. I have a dedicated VPS Business class, so I'm probably dealing with a different support department.

You biggest hit it going to be searching. If you can PHPMyAdmin into your mySql, look at your table structure. You can click a few column names and then select "index" in the actions. It will speed up searching at the cost of disk space for the index. You can index every column if you want, but ones like postId and title will probably yield the most benefit.

Sorry to hear it. I have a dedicated VPS Business class, so I'm probably dealing with a different support department.

You biggest hit it going to be searching. If you can PHPMyAdmin into your mySql, look at your table structure. You can click a few column names and then select "index" in the actions. It will speed up searching at the cost of disk space for the index. You can index every column if you want, but ones like postId and title will probably yield the most benefit.

I'm pretty sure the forum software indexes the database, but definitely worth a look...

Archived