It’s “official” Marvin is leaving..

Just now, Montana Bengal said:

THE could mutually agree that he doesn’t need to show up for the next few weeks and give Pauly an audition.  :huh:

If their plan is to promote someone on the current staff   

:Why-min:

they're probably going to do it regardless of what might happen over the last few games.  

No big surprise.  Marvin had the team fighting and believing all the way through the first half of the Steeler game, but after that collapse it was over for the players.

That game last week was not just another loss.  It was one of the worst performances I have seen by the Bengals in many many years.  We got dominated by one of the worst teams in the league.

2 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

No big surprise.  Marvin had the team fighting and believing all the way through the first half of the Steeler game, but after that collapse it was over for the players.

That game last week was not just another loss.  It was one of the worst performances I have seen by the Bengals in many many years.  We got dominated by one of the worst teams in the league.

Yes and yes.

When Marv meets Zim at midfield for their post game handshake, watch to see if he holds his right hand out while offering a resume clutched in his left.

But is seriousness, he did wonders to pump life into a dead franchise, and for a few years we were legit Super Bowl contenders.  Time passed him by, that's all.  He still has a lot to offer, prolly more along the lines of personnel development than sideline coaching.

I wish him well.

1 minute ago, AmishBengalFan said:

When Marv meets Zim at midfield for their post game handshake, watch to see if he holds his right hand out while offering a resume clutched in his left.

But is seriousness, he did wonders to pump life into a dead franchise, and for a few years we were legit Super Bowl contenders.  Time passed him by, that's all.  He still has a lot to offer, prolly more along the lines of personnel development than sideline coaching.

I wish him well.

Well said. I agree 100%.

27 minutes ago, HOF dan said:

just saw that too. Let's hope we don't end up with another Mikey Shula.

...or Alexander as stated below by T-dub.  That would be the worst Christmas ever.   I'm a little sick thinking how far down the barrel we'll be scraping to get a replacement.     

14 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

A like Marvin isn’t looking to coach. Nfln reporting they talked to Marvin who is looking for a front office job with another team

It'll be interesting, and I suspect more than a little eye-opening, to see how he performs without the Ol' Musty albatross around his neck. 

But the ESPN report suggested that it’s more Lewis who wants to move on from the Bengals than the Bengals who want to move on from Lewis. One sticking point, according to the report, is that Lewis believes his assistants have been “treated unfairly financially.” Bengals owner Mike Brown has been accused of pinching pennies in the past, and the report indicates that Lewis and the coaching staff are sick of it.

It’s unclear whether Lewis could coach anywhere else in 2018, or who the Bengals may hire. But it looks like for the first time since Dick LeBeau was fired after the 2002 season, Cincinnati is looking for a new head coach.

Archived