XFL 2

MichaelWeston

6 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...216-story.html

Not excited at all about this. Might really damage the NFL (And the country) if it capitalizes on the anti-Kaepernick element and Trump Supporters.

I think you are reading too much into this, I don't see how this could damage the country. 

17 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I think you are reading too much into this, I don't see how this could damage the country. 

Probably. I just look at the media and things like Breitbart and the tool that facebook has become. People just seek things that support their often uneducated opinions now. Ie a white supremicist can find others on social media now pretty easily. If you want pro Trump news you can just go to Breitbart. Now if you like football you have to watch the NFL. This would allow just another place for people to divide even more. 

46 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

It has nothing to do with politics and everything to do about the product on the field.  Poor fundamentals and poor officiating are my 2 major complaints but the list goes on.

When the fan has no idea what a catch is or isn't there is a problem. 

8 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

North Korea Liver Flukes (under head coach He Hate Me) ... 37

Cincinnati Bengals (under newly extended, yet again) head coach, Marvin Lewis ... 6 (re-signed kicker, Mike Nugent, misses an extra point)

Bad publicity.

8 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Probably. I just look at the media and things like Breitbart and the tool that facebook has become. People just seek things that support their often uneducated opinions now. Ie a white supremicist can find others on social media now pretty easily. If you want pro Trump news you can just go to Breitbart. Now if you like football you have to watch the NFL. This would allow just another place for people to divide even more. 

Well, the recent dividing of the county and anti American protests on the field happened BEFORE Trump was elected President. Are you insinuating that  White people have to suck it up and watch ever more shitty NFL football or they will be labeled racists? 

If you like good football, you can watch college football, the NFL is not a monopoly and the college games are certainly more exciting. There are more interesting rivalries in college than watching 2 teams try to end the careers of each other's players like our pathetic rivalry  with Pittsburgh or watch Seattle's douchebag defense act like assholes on and off the field.

BTW, the XFL was crap football.

59 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fixt.

It's more the league than officials. They can't make up their mind on catches or acceptable contact. I read somewhere that college type targeting calls are on the way. Which isn't bad, if they get it right, which college doesn't half the time. They eject a kid for incidental helmet contact and totally ignore stealer style helmet launches. 

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Well, the recent dividing of the county and anti American protests on the field happened BEFORE Trump was elected President. Are you insinuating that  White people have to suck it up and watch ever more shitty NFL football or they will be labeled racists? 

If you like good football, you can watch college football, the NFL is not a monopoly and the college games are certainly more exciting. There are more interesting rivalries in college than watching 2 teams try to end the careers of each other's players like our pathetic rivalry  with Pittsburgh or watch Seattle's douchebag defense act like assholes on and off the field.

BTW, the XFL was crap football.

Those are not anti-american protests. Trying to improve America isn't anti-American. 

College football is garbage. Good teams play 2-3 good games a year. That product is trash because they ignored parity and the equality. They let 1/2 to 2/3rds of the teams become nothing. The head coach at OSU gets paid more than all of the coaches in the Sun Belt combined. There are easy things to do to build viewership and essentially hope with all 130 teams and they refuse to do it. 

12 minutes ago, VonBlade said:

If anyone thinks protesting is Anti-American, can we have our tea back?

(idgaf about the tea, or even the concept of it, we know who came out on top there, but protesting is clearly American)

Pretty sure the Colonials were protesting The UK and the King,  not the United States  which didn't even exist yet.  

I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game.  

Accusing the country of oppressing black people isn't exactly showing support for the United States, it is the opposite.   It takes some serious mental gymnastics to claim protesting against the county is somehow supporting the country.   Keep in mind this was all going on while our first black President and his black female Attorney General were ALREADY trying to fix some of these problems.  Kaepernick is an idiot.  

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Pretty sure the Colonials were protesting The UK and the King,  not the United States  which didn't even exist yet.  

I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game.  

Accusing the country of oppressing black people isn't exactly showing support for the United States, it is the opposite.   It takes some serious mental gymnastics to claim protesting against the county is somehow supporting the country.   Keep in mind this was all going on while our first black President and his black female Attorney General were ALREADY trying to fix some of these problems.  Kaepernick is an idiot.  

We literal saw a guy chant Make America Great Again at every stop he could for a year and a half. He said constantly America wasn't great. No big deal. Kaepernick says it because of obvious problems with police and the Black community and its anti-American. Youre a coocoo bird. 

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

We literal saw a guy chant Make America Great Again at every stop he could for a year and a half. He said constantly America wasn't great. No big deal. Kaepernick says it because of obvious problems with police and the Black community and its anti-American. Youre a coocoo bird. 

I never mentioned anything about Trump Fred and Kaepernick never mentioned him.  And one more time, BARRACK OBAMA and the Attorney General were already actively trying to fix the problems.  What the hell else did Kaepernick want,..a fucking blowjob??

Archived