Which QB(s) would you take in 1?

So odds are we will be picking somewhere between 5 and 8. OT is our biggest need IMO, but which QB(s) if any would you take if they are on the board? For sake of argument let's say we can trade Andy for a top 10 second round pick.

7 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Rosen...for sure... but he would be gone

Don't love Darnold

I really don't know anything about the kid from Wyoming 

wouldn't touch Baker (johnny football) Mayfield with a 10' pole

Lamar Jackson...meh

so... nobody I guess

Ditto.

im all in on Allen.. plays in a pro system... arm strength and down field accuracy is great.. 

no one under 6'3"

and i think Allen will be there... someone wil ltake the louisville kid wnting the next bridgewater, someone will take the oklahoma shithead, and rosen(sp?) will be gone early.. i think Allen slinks out of the top 3-4 qb picks and is there... his starts are down but he lost his oline and WR's they were all seniors. 

the kids arm is fucking magic tho.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Why?

because they tend to be bias OSU fans, and the only similarity is being cokcy, they do no play at all like eachother, and mayfields arm is a skill that translated to the NFL. where manziel could outrun the mediocre defenses he played in college, but not the NFL.. thats not bakers game...  so its not a logical comparison what so ever...

i dont want him casue his face is annoying and he is short.

1 minute ago, GoBengals said:

because they tend to be bias OSU fans, and the only similarity is being cokcy, they do no play at all like eachother, and mayfields arm is a skill that translated to the NFL. where manziel could outrun the mediocre defenses he played in college, but not the NFL.. thats not bakers game...  so its not a logical comparison what so ever...

So... you like Russel Wilson's face?

LOL!

I am liking Allen more and more since I have been looking into the kid.

8 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

I agree with Go as this seems like a decent QB class this year.  While I might not pick one in the 1st round my first thought would be could I find a QB as good as Dalton?  It comes down do I pay a $17 million a year Andy or a $2-3 million a year Andy Junior?

one that has an opportunity to grow as a QB.. andy was the same player year one as he is today... only flux seems to be # of pro bowl talent around him...which i dont find a manageable strategy..

11 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

I see maturity issues with both.  The scouting reports on Manziel all listed his arm strength as a strength, and he played in the SEC, so he played some good defenses.  The Big 12 hasn't been known for good defenses in years.

Just now, T-Dub said:

You guys really think they'd draft a starting QB?

I wouldn't rule it out.  I think it depends on who they coach is, and who is available when they pick.  Personally I think Andy would be fine given a good O-line.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

I wouldn't rule it out.  I think it depends on who they coach is, and who is available when they pick.  Personally I think Andy would be fine given a good O-line.

Have to admit I'm well jaded at the moment.  I expect Guenther to get promoted to HC and most everything else remain status quo.

11 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Nor me. Or Gruden and Guenther at DC. 

I expect that we do something dumb. The majority of us know its dumb. And then we talk our way into rationalizing that its a good thing a couple weeks later. 

Lol. Expect the worst and you can never be disappointed. I think that's how we all muddle through being a Bengals fan.

Archived