** If Jay Gruden gets hired ...I am out. **

Ian Rappaport reporting if redskins drop jay gruden he is tops on bengals list.

if that fuck comes back here im done with the team, my tickets, and cant possibly talk myself into keeping this place alive.

my already dying trust in the teams ability to not make horrible choices is already about done.. this would end it.. im way too old to sit and hate everything my team does and put any hope into it..

we are at like $65/mo for hosting and $130 yr for invision board... and if design changes are needed(due to forum upgrade) its about $200.

cmon redskins.. keep that worthless asshole there..

so if anyone wants to take that over financially and logistically be ready and let me know.

this isnt intended in being a tantrum of any sort.. its just me being logical and not just closing up, at that point my only interest is in the group of people here.. 

31 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

ironically, if that's the right phrase, Jay would have more control with MB than he does with Dan Snyder. Not my 1st choice but it wouldn't suck. It wouldn't necessitate a complete new playbook.

That's my fear, though - MB saying "Welcome back, Jay, here are the assistants you will keep..."

31 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

ironically, if that's the right phrase, Jay would have more control with MB than he does with Dan Snyder. Not my 1st choice but it wouldn't suck. It wouldn't necessitate a complete new playbook.

My last post in the coaching prospect thread was about him. Their are many worse could be hires than him.

2 hours ago, snarkster said:

Is anyone the least bit confident our next HC isn't a current or recent staff member?

Seems likely to me.  I don't know if there's a HC in the business that could overcome the influence of Fupa Trooper but Gruden the Lesser sure as shit ain't the one.  May as well trade Mixon for draft picks if we hire him because Gio can easily handle the 10 carries a game and is a better receiver.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Seems likely to me.  I don't know if there's a HC in the business that could overcome the influence of Fupa Trooper but Gruden the Lesser sure as shit ain't the one.  May as well trade Mixon for draft picks if we hire him because Gio can easily handle the 10 carries a game and is a better receiver.

Well hopefully he won’t be running the offense 

21 hours ago, GoBengals said:

Ian Rappaport reporting if redskins drop jay gruden he is tops on bengals list.

if that fuck comes back here im done with the team, my tickets, and cant possibly talk myself into keeping this place alive.

Playing devil's advocate here...  but after everything this franchise has put its fanbase through, I've got to believe that if you were serious about being done with this team, it would have happened by now already.  Jay Gruden would not be the worst coach in the history of this team.  I don't want him either...but hey - I'm a Bengals fan.  I have come to expect disappointment.

I still have my Gruden jersey from his days at U of L, #15.  Had one of the opposing teams defense (I think it was Virginia or West Virginia)  not delivered a Palmer type of malicious Kimo hit,  he may have been an NFL caliber QB.  Back then the medical was nowhere near what it is today.   In other words, Gruden "the lesser" could have had a much cooler nickname...

This guy was groomed by Howard Schnellenberger.  Both Jon and Jay were members of the board where he is at now.   It's also who helped accelerate Dalton during the strike or whatever it was called.   Everybody raved at how quickly Dalton came up to speed.   

Archived