Former Bengal James Harrison...

52 minutes ago, Hooky said:

I will absolutely never root for the stealers. Even if their win benefits the bengals. I will reap those benefits, but never ever root for them.

We were talking about it at work the other day.. Guy asks me "you mean you won't even root for the stealers against the Patriots?"

I said I wouldn't root for the stealers if they were playing the taliban.. they all laughed and I just smirked/nodded and walked away.

34 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

We were talking about it at work the other day.. Guy asks me "you mean you won't even root for the stealers against the Patriots?"

I said I wouldn't root for the stealers if they were playing the taliban.. they all laughed and I just smirked/nodded and walked away.

The taliban would probably recruit half the team.

Harrison's statement

If anybody thought I signed a two year deal with a team in the NFL at age 39 to sit on the bench and collect a check and a participation trophy, they’re mistaken. I didn’t sign up to sit on the bench and be a cheerleader. I was clear about that when I signed, and I was told I would be on the field when I signed. When I was asking for reps in camp, I got none. I got lip service though; We know what you can do — you don’t need the reps. But I know what my body needs in order to be in shape to compete, and I said so, but still zero reps.

At the beginning of the season, when it was clear I didn’t have a role anymore, I asked to be released. Throughout the season, I was told week in & out that I’d be used. I wasn’t. I started getting frustrated about the whole thing. I asked to not be dressed or take unnecessary practice reps if I wasn’t going to play. That’s what happened for a cpl weeks, then we had a game week that I got solid reps in practice and everyone assumed I would play. I got to the stadium four hours early as usual, and my locker was empty. Nobody said anything to me about being inactive, just an empty locker. I asked to be released again. I was told no. 

A couple weeks later, they dress me for the game so I assume I’m going to play, and I get zero reps. Stood on the sideline the whole game. I asked to be released again, I was told no. Then a few days later, they released me. I was never told I would be brought back, it was: If I bring you back, be in shape. I cleared waivers, and they didn’t call. New England called. Also, to be clear, ask Ryan if I came to see him in the hospital. I didn’t help Bud or TJ? Ask TJ if I helped him. 

Maybe I didn’t handle my frustration the best that I could’ve. If you haven’t learned anything about me over the last 16 years, I’m a competitor to my core. I live and breathe competition. I do what it takes to keep my body and my mind ready to be on that field. I do it for me, I do it for my family, I do it for my team and I do it for the fans. Nothing else to it. At the end of the day, they made a business decision, and so did I.

https://nesn.com/2017/12/james-harrison-releases-statement-on-steelers-departure-joining-patriots/

20 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

YES! Strife! Turmoil! Misery & woe!

Deer Lawd who art in Las Vegas please let these 2 Classy, Classy Franchises Do Thing the Right Way in a playoff cheapshot contest!  It's what America wants!

Even if you are a Patriots hater, it's clear they are the lesser of the 2 evils with us. I actually don't mind the Patriots though.

4 hours ago, Hooky said:

I will absolutely never root for the stealers. Even if their win benefits the bengals. I will reap those benefits, but never ever root for them.

I am a Bengals fan first and foremost, so I will root for anything that benefits them.  Even if that means rooting for urineburgh.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I am a Bengals fan first and foremost, so I will root for anything that benefits them.  Even if that means rooting for urineburgh.

If you say so but I can't see any reason to root for whizburgh ever.

Pats game this weekend may be interesting to see them give Harrison a spin around the block.

6 hours ago, snarkster said:

Wouldn't the header be more accurate if it read, "Current dipshit James Harrison?"

Probably, but whenever a player does something at all questionable they must be linked to the Bengals.  It's kind of a rule,  like "Bengals Possible Draft Pick Convicted of Gross Abuse of a Corpse" etc.

Archived