Shitsburgh fan sends racist message to Vontaze

9 hours ago, A Rock said:

First off, no gray area for racism in my book. Intellectually, I understand the argument that the perpetrator's motives are technically unknown, i.e., they just hate the football player, but c'mon.  Many people, of many races, may have been hung in effigy because they were hated for many things, but black Americans were hung FOR REAL not terribly long ago. Anyone who hangs a black person in effigy is automatically given racist status and rightfully so. Ignorance is no excuse. 

As for the football element, didn't all of this start when Bell was injured playing the Bengals? Vontaze made a football tackle then instantly ran back towards his sideline in excitement. I don't think he had time to know if LeVeon was hurt, but the Stealers took it as an intentional act, followed by a celebration. Stealers players issued threats of intentionally injuring Bengal players before their next matchup, and Mike Mitchell made good by spearing Tyler Eifert in the head. That hit was so blatantly for the purpose of injury, but as far as what it actually cost Pittsburgh on the field, fifteen yards. Mitchell then said to A.J. Green, "you're next." The wild card game was their third meeting that year, and I won't even get into all of that. I've honestly been a "blame Marvin" guy since the San Diego wildcard loss, but SOMEBODY in the Bengal hierarchy should have addressed this crap the second Mitchell hit Eifert. Besides the obvious need to physically protect the players, we always got the shaft from the purely football side as well. Who gives a shit if Mitchell had to dig change out of his couch to pay a fine off the field, when he was allowed to intentionally sideline our star tight end and the price was only fifteen yards?

aW0wA.gif

On 12/27/2017 at 6:23 PM, kennethmw said:

I think people try to under think things a lot, especially when it comes to symbols of hatred.  

I think it's the opposite. People are always trying to exploit their opportunistic value.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Well that's easily solved, people can stop using racist symbols & imagery. Then there's nothing to exploit.  

Spain is going to want its non-racist robes back, then. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capirote

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Week_in_Spain

On 12/26/2017 at 5:32 PM, Numbers said:

Racist ?  Yes.  I've seen "cases" processed based upon a rope noose.  Placing a black man inside the noose would certainly qualify for racist IMHO.  However, we are talking about Pissburgh and it will be treated as a non-issue with law enforcement and league officials... 1/2 :ninja:

uhhhhhh. no... It's not racist. It's what sport fans have been doing forever. And everyone from black, white to brown have had their fair share of hangings. It's this perpetuation of a hanging = black = racist is what's keeping this country down. We are all citizens of the USA and are all brothers. It's this constant "hey that's racist" crap that's causing divide. 

16 hours ago, Gary said:

And everyone from black, white to brown have had their fair share of hangings. 

Do you not understand the crucial difference between a hanging and a lynching?

Abolitionist John Brown was executed by hanging.

Emmett Till was lynched.

It's this perpetuation of a hanging = black = racist is what's keeping this country down.

Oh yes, clearly having a basic functional knowledge of history and not ignorantly celebrating the most hateful, shameful portions of it are what's keeping this country down.  Mock lynchings would make American great again!

:facepalm:

I bet you're one of those amazing people that thinks everyone is "too sensitive" these days, but gets upset over some stranger on TV kneeling during the National Anthem or a clerk telling you "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".

16 hours ago, Gary said:

It's this perpetuation of a hanging = black = racist is what's keeping this country down. We are all citizens of the USA and are all brothers. It's this constant "hey that's racist" crap that's causing divide. 

Yeaaahhhh. Racism isn't keeping this country down or dividing anyone, but pointing out racist shit sure is!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Yeaaahhhh. Racism isn't keeping this country down or dividing anyone, but pointing out racist shit sure is!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It doesn't really affect me personally so everyone else should just shut up and accept it!

:ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, schotzee said:

Since a shittsburgh thread was already here, figured I'd comment here. Any one see they have a new drama queen? Laverne Bell says he will retire or sit out the season if he is franchise tagged. Jen is teaching him well.

that whole fucking team is a bag of dicks.. I hope they both retire...or are in a bus accident on the way to the stadium..either one works

16 hours ago, schotzee said:

Since a shittsburgh thread was already here, figured I'd comment here. Any one see they have a new drama queen? Laverne Bell says he will retire or sit out the season if he is franchise tagged. Jen is teaching him well.

Excellent timing on that statement.  Not quite to the level of KC shopping their QB hours before a playoff game, but it's close. I applaud every effort by Shitsburgh to sow dissension in their ranks.

57 minutes ago, Hooky said:

The football talking heads don't squander any opportunity to blast MB for being cheap, but the Rooneys operate the same way with free agents and their FO geniuses.

It's true, though.  If Mikey wasn't too cheap to hire a human HGH faucet as the team doctor then the Bengals could also have a tainted "dynasty" to excuse any and everything they did.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

It's true, though.  If Mikey wasn't too cheap to hire a human HGH faucet as the team doctor then the Bengals could also have a tainted "dynasty" to excuse any and everything they did.

And hire an expert to train the team how to end an opposing player's career with one hit.

Archived