Marv may have just saved his job!

Just now, fredtoast said:

But a large majority of the people claiming Peko was bad are the same ones saying that PA is garbage.  So you have a lot of idiots on your side.

At this point, after the failure of Bodine, Fisher, and Ogbuehi, I would have no problem with moving on from Alexander, but Alexander got a lot of hate before he deserved it.  These boards are famous for perpetuating myths.  Remember all of years of "Whitworth needs to move to Guard because he can't handle Tackle"?

I dont need anyone on my side to say Alexander isnt good. I do remember that the argument was that Whitworth couldnt handle the speed DEs and that he wasnt as good as Levi in that regard and that maybe moving him to G to get a guy that could handle the faster DEs might not be a bad idea. I love Whit and think he is one hell of a T, but you cant ignore that throught his career he has had trouble against the faster guy.

That said I would kill to still have him here.

1 hour ago, chezaugie said:

Empty seats don't mean they weren't paid for. The only downside to Brown is the drop in concession sales.

Concessions are franchised out to Aramark (something).

Brown/Bengals already paid before the first bottle of overpriced beer is sold.

They may get a small percentage but the big concession bucks come from the franchise contract.

2 hours ago, fredtoast said:

He got a team that had zero to play for in the last game of the season to give a huge effort and knock a rival out of the playoffs.  Most teams in the Bengals situation would have just mailed it in.

I don't think it saved his job here with the Bengals, but it greatly improved his chances of getting another job of some sort with another NFL team.

They had personal pride and future paydays to play for. Something, ironically, Marvin uses to “motivate” them with on the regular.

I mean, I hear what you’re saying, but my point is that at this point, that is not enough. And, it really isn’t much at all.

11 minutes ago, saphead said:

It's past noon on Black Monday and the longer this drags on the better the chance of Marvin returning is. No news is bad news. 

I am physically sick. 

Agreed.  If he was going to be fired he would be out of here.

"Injuries", "things beyond his control", "winningest coach", "playoff appearances" blah blah blah.

The game WAS classic Marvin.

Poor use of time outs and clock management.

Allowed beaten team to come back in the second half

after they scored right before halftime ala Pittsburgh.

Played terrible second half.

The only thing that won the game was Dennard's interception and return,

something you can't coach.

Marv just stood there on the sidelines the whole game looking miserable.

I don't think he even knew there was a game going on, he just wanted to get out of the cold.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

See, I read that article and the only place where it says "Marvin Wants To Come Back" is in the headline. He is NOT directly quoted as saying anything of the sort, rather, that it's "complicated".

Just now, Bunghole said:

See, I read that article and the only place where it says "Marvin Wants To Come Back" is in the headline. He is NOT directly quoted as saying anything of the sort, rather, that it's "complicated".

Just watched today's presser  they asked Marvin if there is a path that has him coaching here his 16th year, he said he thinks so but the less he talks about that the better.

Just now, Jamie_B said:

Just watched today's presser  they asked Marvin if there is a path that has him coaching here his 16th year, he said he thinks so but the less he talks about that the better.

Typical smarmy, weaselly bullshit. 

Archived