Marv may have just saved his job!

1 minute ago, fredtoast said:

And I am suggesting that we might have won a few more games if we had led at halftime in more than 6 of our games.

If we had blown a bunch of halftime leads then I would agree that halftime adjustments were a problem.

If we had not won any games that we did not lead at halftime then I might question our halftime adjustments.

Butb the fact is we won more games that we did not lead at halftime (3) than games we lost when leading at halftime (2).

But carry on with the "no adjustments" myth.  Soem people said it on a message board so it has to be true.:rolleyes:

You need to come to the realization that just because you have facts that support your argument doesn't make you the one that's "right".

There are statistics that support both sides. We believe that other teams generally having a stronger second half than us has really hurt the 2017 team. You're free to disagree with it but you need to cut out the "you're proven wrong" bullshit.

16 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Again I'll ask, if you're down 13-7 in the first half, do you think scoring 0 points in the 2nd half to continue losing or maybe scoring more points would be better "adjustments"???

I think that if you are trailing at halftime then it is better to outscore your opponent in the second half, and the Bengals won 3 games that they did not lead at halftime.

Now let me ask you a question.  Isn't it better to address the problems that caused your team to only lead 6 times at halftime instead of depending on turning things around with adjustments at halftime?

Don't the teams that win the most games also lead the most games at halftime?

When the reason for not having a lead at halftime is because of the shitty coaching by the head coach, it renders any of your further strawman arguments/fight starting trollish behavior moot.

Better step lightly troll, the board is tiring of you.

Come on Mods... give this ass a break for a while. All he does is argue and start fights in every forum.

19 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Or maybe we score more than 0 points in the 2nd half against teams like Jacksonville and have even more wins.

Isn't it a crazy concept? But nah, we only lost 1 game where Marvin ate a Butterfingers instead of a Snickers at halftime, therefore Fred is "RIGHT"!!!

Or maybe we could score more points in the first half and not have to come from behind to win.

1 minute ago, USN Bengal said:

When the reason for not having a lead at halftime is because of the shitty coaching by the head coach, it renders any of your further strawman arguments/fight starting trollish behavior moot.

Come on Mods... give this ass a break for a while. All he does is argue and start fights in every forum.

I don't troll so I can't get suspended.

I don't make personal attacks unless I am attacked first, and I don't make stupid meaningless arguments with no facts to back them up.

If all you want is a hater circle jerk where no one will disagree with you then go to whodeyrevolution.com.  But you can't make a rule that everyone here has to agree with you.

12 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

I think that if you are trailing at halftime then it is better to outscore your opponent in the second half, and the Bengals won 3 games that they did not lead at halftime.

Now let me ask you a question.  Isn't it better to address the problems that caused your team to only lead 6 times at halftime instead of depending on turning things around with adjustments at halftime?

Don't the teams that win the most games also lead the most games at halftime?

not only do they lead at halftime, but they also increase their lead

we won 2 games that we were losing at halftime

we lost 2 games we were winning at halftime

1 game we were tied.

in the 4 games we won when we were winning at halftime we INCREASED our lead by an average of 0.25 points/game

in the 7 games we lost when we were losing at halftime we were outscored an average of 6.6 points/game

winning teams tend to continue to win, we even out even in games we are dominating

14 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

dilly-dilly.jpg

18 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Or maybe we could score more points in the first half and not have to come from behind to win.

*sigh*

We were 16th in 1st half points and 31st in 2nd half points

1st Half Points - https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/1st-half-points-per-game

2nd Half Points - https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/2nd-half-points-per-game

Could that 16th be better? Absolutely

But the bigger tell his is the disparity between 1st and 2nd half points, we drop  15 spots.

Has this thread taken a 180?

Marvin is staying.

That much is obvious and I agree with those suggesting

the decision was made long before the opening kick off

of the Ravens game.

I am a bit baffled my the Marvapologists.

With Marv its always "IF" ... if we had a better O line, if we didn't have so many injuries,

if only Alexander wasn't such a putz, if only Mike Brown 

wasn't so cheap, if only Dennard hadn't made that interception (oops).

Or its Always Someone Else's Fault and someone goes under the Marvhound.

A car doesn't go any faster stuck in the snow no matter how much you spin the wheels.

Nothing improves by staying the same.

I do not at all like the idea of change for change's sake but Marv has got to go.

Only he isn't.

I really do wonder how many season ticket holders will not renew next season and how many

new ones will be sold?

I honestly think it's on the OC and DC to make the adjustments at half isn't it? I think broad stroke thing like let's run more, let's pass more, let's blitz more ETC are more what his adjustment's would be right? Maybe I'

m way off base but that's how I picture it. Half starts Marvin makes a team speech on how the game is going then they break into groups with OC and DC to go over 2nd half changes.

21 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

I don't troll so I can't get suspended.

I don't make personal attacks unless I am attacked first, and I don't make stupid meaningless arguments with no facts to back them up.

If all you want is a hater circle jerk where no one will disagree with you then go to whodeyrevolution.com.  But you can't make a rule that everyone here has to agree with you.

See Fred, here's the rub...

In every forum that you post in, posters have all referred to you as a fight starting troll. Numerous posters Fred, and you don't seem to have the cognizant abilities to take a hint that your lawyerish behavior is NOT welcome nor does it contribute to the overall enjoy-ability of the board except for yourself.

THAT is trollish behavior.

So if the mods haven't acted as of yet, I will continue to call out your trollish action on each and every forum until they do.

Sometimes you DO actually contribute... but then your boorish nature takes over and you start riding dirty again. Take the hint, do an honest self-assessment, and stop being a horses ass.

The problem continues to be Mike Brown. 

Seems like the realistic HC scenarios have been as follows

- Give Marvin more say (facepalm)

- Hope The Browns fire their coach so we can rush out and grab a guy who is 1-31 over two seasons (double facepalm)

- Promote one of the hobbits from Lewis-shire (facepalm)

I'm surprised talk of bringing Bratkowski or Zampese isn't being bounced around. 

How is Mike Brown still in charge of this mess. The man is 82. When does it end?

Fuck this entire organization! Fuck the NFL and their senseless protests! Fuck liberal ass ESPN! And most importantly......FUCK YOU MARVIN LEWIS!!! You are an amazing asshole! You are shitty at what you do! Steven A Smith called for your head after your 4th playoff loss. He said the following Monday "as a fellow man of color, Marvin Lewis should be fired today!!!" After that, I knew. I knew you must have pictures. You selfish son of a bitch! You ran Carson Palmer out. Not only tolerated, but encouraged thug like behavior. FUCK the living shit out of you! You suck! You ruined the last 15 years of my football life. You won't get another you colossal DILDO! Never again..... be ashamed Brown family.... be very ashamed. I've been a die hard Bengals fan for 40 years. Fuck this organization from top to bottom! I'm out!

8 hours ago, OneHeartBeat said:

I guess I'm in the minority here. I hope he does come back. Some of the comments here are just silly. No team is able to keep all of it's FA's in a salary cap league. IIRCC, Marvin at one time was convinced that Whit was coming back, but the contract offered by the Rams was too high for a 35 year old and Marvin was disappointed that he left. That's not Marvin's fault.  Jones wanted an opportunity to be "the guy" somewhere else. That's not Marvin's fault. Sanu wanted a bigger role here, but we were loaded at WR. That's not Marvin's fault. Zeitler wanted too much money for a guard. He took the paycheck to be on an 0-16 team. That's not Marvin's fault. Eifert can't stay healthy. That's not Marvin's fault. The team obviously missed on drafting Ced and Fisher, but every team misses. I know we're 0-7 in the playoffs, but I'd rather get there and lose, then not get there at all. Improve the oline, upgrade LB's and start drafting to rebuild the dline. Blowing the whole thing up would make us one of the worst teams in the league again IMO.

He's the worst playoff coach in NFL history..... and it's his fault.

3 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

See Fred, here's the rub...

In every forum that you post in, posters have all referred to you as a fight starting troll. Numerous posters Fred, and you don't seem to have the cognizant abilities to take a hint that your lawyerish behavior is NOT welcome nor does it contribute to the overall enjoy-ability of the board except for yourself.

THAT is trollish behavior.

So if the mods haven't acted as of yet, I will continue to call out your trollish action on each and every forum until they do.

Sometimes you DO actually contribute... but then your boorish nature takes over and you start riding dirty again. Take the hint, do an honest self-assessment, and stop being a horses ass.

Bro, if he's a troll, and all YOU DO is argue with him, what does that make you?

3 hours ago, BENGALS666 said:

The problem continues to be Mike Brown. 

Seems like the realistic HC scenarios have been as follows

- Give Marvin more say (facepalm)

- Hope The Browns fire their coach so we can rush out and grab a guy who is 1-31 over two seasons (double facepalm)

- Promote one of the hobbits from Lewis-shire (facepalm)

I'm surprised talk of bringing Bratkowski or Zampese isn't being bounced around. 

How is Mike Brown still in charge of this mess. The man is 82. When does it end?

Maybe when you buy him out?  😂

Archived